Notifications
Clear all

Is This Hormonal Or This Acne?

MemberMember
(@kimmycakes)

Posted : 03/19/2013 4:11 pm

This started happening to me about 5 days ago. After I washed my face I noticed there would be a whole bunch of small watery liquid spots that would pop up all over my face and after a couple of minutes they would harden and when it hardens it looks a little yellow. What is happening to my face and how do I fix it? My face stings so much! You can see the yellow hardening that forms in the pic.

post-147797-0-85893800-1363727460_thumb.

post-147797-0-85893800-1363727460_thumb.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/20/2013 6:28 pm

This started happening to me about 5 days ago. After I washed my face I noticed there would be a whole bunch of small watery liquid spots that would pop up all over my face and after a couple of minutes they would harden and when it hardens it looks a little yellow. What is happening to my face and how do I fix it? My face stings so much! You can see the yellow hardening that forms in the pic.

This kinda looks like an allergic reaction. This happend to me once when I bleached my own hair.

You need to see a Doctor or Dermotalogist ASAP

MemberMember
(@s0633186monmouth-edu)

Posted : 03/20/2013 9:27 pm

It almost looks as though your skin was burned or something. But I agree with A.P., call a dermatologist immediately and tell them it's an emergency and ask to be seen right away. if you can't find a dermatologist that will take you, call your family doctor.

MemberMember
(@mikito)

Posted : 03/22/2013 8:28 am

what kind of topical creams are you taking? It seems allergy to them.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 03/22/2013 9:52 pm

Looks a little bit like plaque psoriasis.

MemberMember
(@kimmycakes)

Posted : 03/29/2013 11:02 pm

I found out what happened. I was using the acne treatment that I bought from acne.org. The first 2 weeks my skin was alright. It was a little dry from the benzoyl peroxide but nothing serious. But then by the third week I saw a few puss coming out from different spots on my skin but I ignored it until a few days later it got a lot worse (as you can see from the pic). I had an allergic reaction to the benzoyl peroxide and it burned my skin pretty bad. I completely stopped using it and a few days later the puss stopped and all the redness has completely gone away. I will see a dermatologist soon.

MemberMember
(@redredred)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:53 pm

My skin looks similar and I consider mine hormonal.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 04/08/2013 11:45 pm

I found out what happened. I was using the acne treatment that I bought from acne.org. The first 2 weeks my skin was alright. It was a little dry from the benzoyl peroxide but nothing serious. But then by the third week I saw a few puss coming out from different spots on my skin but I ignored it until a few days later it got a lot worse (as you can see from the pic). I had an allergic reaction to the benzoyl peroxide and it burned my skin pretty bad. I completely stopped using it and a few days later the puss stopped and all the redness has completely gone away. I will see a dermatologist soon.

Glad you figured out what caused it! Bp is essentially a bleach and that's what my scalp looked like when I tried bleaching my own hair.

There are some alternatives to bp. Tea tree oil works pretty well and so does sulfur. Beware sulfur causes an initial breakout but works great.

You must have very sensitive skin and you might have to do patch tests before you use acne topicals on large areas of your face.