Notifications
Clear all

"my Acne" For The 1St Time (18)

MemberMember
(@normalife)

Posted : 03/19/2013 9:48 am

Hello Everyone!!

I will try to make it as short as I can, and hopefully you will read it.

Sorry for my English.

I'm 18 male .

Okay so My acne begin when I was 14.5 approx.

little pimples on the cheeks, thought it will pass.

As time passed, I began to see that my pimples leave scars, but I wasn't so worried back then.

Of course, my acne has gotten worse, and spread to my nose, around the mouth forehead and so (face only).

Black heads and White heads became cystic over time, about 1 year since it started, my acne came in a new form - red big and very hurt. I had 1 or 2 of them at the same time max.

Back then I can say that I thought it couldn't get any worse, and that my life is a wreck, but here comes the surprising and very unexpected fact - it just keep on coming. FROM THIS POINT IT WAS ONLY CYSTIC

My acne became worse, spread all over my neck, every cm on my face has suffered from acne and I mean it for real.

When I was about 17, my acne decided it wasn't enough and kept going down to my back (not only upper but also mid and down)

then to my chest, shoulder, even my legs and my butt,

I got bullied a lot, I felt ashamed, embarresed, got no friends, no female friends, my confidence was 0, and again, i thought it couldn't get any worse, but guess what???? IT DID!

Somewhere on the way I got a huge Cyst on my top of head (in the hair) which I had to go through a surgery to cut it.

it left me about square inch bald spot in my scalp, and I was upset and frustrated. but boy I wish it was just that.

When I was close to get 18 a new era began - SCALP ACNE!

That one really killed me.

I forgot to mention that 85% of my acne cystis leave a mark whether I touch it or not, so basicly you can see almost every pustular acne(?) that I've ever had.

That means, that every acne pimp that i got on my scalp (in the back of the hair) takes my hair FOREVER.

Right now my hair is look like a mess, I'm afraid to cut it so you my like 10 spots will be seen so I keep on cover it with my hair that still there.

I forgot to mention I'm on my 4th mount on accutane - it looks slightly better, but still my acne friends keep on coming (especially on my hair).

I cannot sleep normally, because it hurts a lot, also I make my sheets dirty because every other night I explode on my pillow and leave nasty whatever it is that inside these red huge acne pimps.

For 4 years, I always thought that it cannot get any worse, but it did, it's a constant pattern, I always wish I could go back in time, when it was only on my face, I had my hair full...

Now I'm all covered in scars all over my body that won't pass

When I saw some accutane before and after pics on this site, and I saw how people smiled in the after pic it made me so happy that I cried, seriously.

This is quite it, I hope some1 read my story to the end..

I also hope that all of you guys will get rid of this shit before it will corrupt your face and destroy your life.

I'm 18, never had a girlfriend or any close female friends, not a kiss, no intercourse no nothing, I don't know what is like to be normal anymore and not be ashamed.

All of your comments will be greatly appreciated

Thank you..

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 03/19/2013 8:18 pm

Welcome aboard, NormaLife! I'm really sorry you're going through this, but please don't give up. You may just as well have no acne anymore in just a couple of months, seeing that you're on Accutane. With "scars" you mean red/dark marks? They'll go away, trust me, it just takes time. Hang in there, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

NormaLife liked
MemberMember
(@normalife)

Posted : 03/20/2013 3:07 pm

Welcome aboard, NormaLife! I'm really sorry you're going through this, but please don't give up. You may just as well have no acne anymore in just a couple of months, seeing that you're on Accutane. With "scars" you mean red/dark marks? They'll go away, trust me, it just takes time. Hang in there, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you very much for replying! it means alot to me!

Yes I'm on accutane, but just today, in the middle of 4th month, another huge one in the back of the hair, another perm hair loss..

But like you said, it could be gone in few months so there is still hope I guess..

By scars I mean red "holes" in all over..

Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/21/2013 5:47 pm

That doesn't really sound like acne. That sound more like hmmmmmm some sort of infection. If it itches, it's probably fungal. Do you have dandruff?

Otherwise, it might be some sort of gram negative folliculitis. Have you been on antibiotics, and did they help?

MemberMember
(@normalife)

Posted : 03/22/2013 11:35 am

That doesn't really sound like acne. That sound more like hmmmmmm some sort of infection. If it itches, it's probably fungal. Do you have dandruff?

Otherwise, it might be some sort of gram negative folliculitis. Have you been on antibiotics, and did they help?

Thanks for replying..

I do think that it is acne, because it started as white heades, and the just grew bigger..

The wound it self doesn't itch, but the scars sometimes.

I do not have dandruff.

I don't know what is "gram negative folliculitis", so I'd be happy if you'll explain it to to me..

I also tried "Minocycline", it helped, but it wasn't a solution after all because when I was off it. they kept coming..

I hope I answered and you'll be able to help me.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 03/22/2013 1:00 pm

hey your case sounds like mine.. i too get acne evrywhere.. scalp butt lower upper back.. but not as bad as you though.. even my acne started with face and spread to my whole body.. n when i waz 18 it waz worst.. neck scalp face back butt.. but then i gave up diary.. i gave it whole up.. n evrything but my back cured.. evrything!!

i havent had a pimple in a year.. (i do get pimples on my back though but ppl cant see that so).. so my advice to you is not too extreme.. just give up all diary and nuts (dry fruits) for a month.. strictly.. if you dont see an improvement during the month then it means in your case its not diary :( i have my fingers crossed for u..

btw even i never had sex yet.. or a gf coz m afraid of them seeing my back.. i can feel your pain.. but hang in there!! :)

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/22/2013 3:17 pm

Thanks for replying..

I do think that it is acne, because it started as white heades, and the just grew bigger..

I do not have dandruff.

I don't know what is "gram negative folliculitis", so I'd be happy if you'll explain it to to me..

I also tried "Minocycline", it helped, but it wasn't a solution after all because when I was off it. they kept coming..

Thanks.

Gram negative folliculitis is an acne-like condition caused by a gram negative bacteria, and it usually arises after long term antibiotic use for normal acne. Since you've only been on minocyline temporarily, and you have lots of cysts, it probably isn't that. It could, though, be a gram positive infection, which can manifest itself in the form of cysts and is caused by staph or strep bacteria. Something that starts out as P. acnes can morph into this more severe infection. Have you tried a hardcore antibacterial soap? Even that might not be able to do much though...since the infection is deep in the follicle.

What's your diet like? Digestion? What are the exact locations of your acne? You mentioned scalp, face, neck, shoulders, chest, back, and butt. I think it would be good to note that normal acne really only happens chest and up, and very rarely scalp, because these are the places where sebaceous glands are most dense.

Also what color is your tongue? In detail

MemberMember
(@normalife)

Posted : 03/22/2013 4:59 pm

hey your case sounds like mine.. i too get acne evrywhere.. scalp butt lower upper back.. but not as bad as you though.. even my acne started with face and spread to my whole body.. n when i waz 18 it waz worst.. neck scalp face back butt.. but then i gave up diary.. i gave it whole up.. n evrything but my back cured.. evrything!!

i havent had a pimple in a year.. (i do get pimples on my back though but ppl cant see that so).. so my advice to you is not too extreme.. just give up all diary and nuts (dry fruits) for a month.. strictly.. if you dont see an improvement during the month then it means in your case its not diary sad.png i have my fingers crossed for u..

btw even i never had sex yet.. or a gf coz m afraid of them seeing my back.. i can feel your pain.. but hang in there!! smile.png

I'm sorry to hear that man, I'm glad it ended for you, and I wish you the best!

I'll try your advice and stop with dairy..

Can you tell me how old are you and how many years you have suffered? thanx

Thanks for replying..

I do not have dandruff.

Thanks.

Gram negative folliculitis is an acne-like condition caused by a gram negative bacteria, and it usually arises after long term antibiotic use for normal acne. Since you've only been on minocyline temporarily, and you have lots of cysts, it probably isn't that. It could, though, be a gram positive infection, which can manifest itself in the form of cysts and is caused by staph or strep bacteria. Something that starts out as P. acnes can morph into this more severe infection. Have you tried a hardcore antibacterial soap? Even that might not be able to do much though...since the infection is deep in the follicle.

What's your diet like? Digestion? What are the exact locations of your acne? You mentioned scalp, face, neck, shoulders, chest, back, and butt. I think it would be good to note that normal acne really only happens chest and up, and very rarely scalp, because these are the places where sebaceous glands are most dense.

Also what color is your tongue? In detail

Thanks again for replying..

I used some soaps, but I don't think they were hardcore antibacterial, but I don't realy know, but like you said, I'm quite sure it's deep in the follicle..

I eat everything, fruits, vegs, meat, milk, fish,eggs, rice, and so on.. all the "regular" stuff.

The exact location of where my acne was and is - cheeks, forehead(also eybrows and between), on the nose, around the mouth, upper back - few on mid&lower, shoulders, few on my legs - outer side of thigh, and outer side of lower foot, back head scalp, outer and behind the ear also in it, around my penis, on the ass, upper chest, and on in my belly - all the location acne ever been in.

I think it's important to mention that I've never had acne in the area below-my eyes, but alot of blackheads.

My tounge is red-pink and grey-white on top.

Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/22/2013 9:04 pm

I used some soaps, but I don't think they were hardcore antibacterial, but I don't realy know, but like you said, I'm quite sure it's deep in the follicle..

I eat everything, fruits, vegs, meat, milk, fish,eggs, rice, and so on.. all the "regular" stuff.

The exact location of where my acne was and is - cheeks, forehead(also eybrows and between), on the nose, around the mouth, upper back - few on mid&lower, shoulders, few on my legs - outer side of thigh, and outer side of lower foot, back head scalp, outer and behind the ear also in it, around my penis, on the ass, upper chest, and on in my belly - all the location acne ever been in.

I think it's important to mention that I've never had acne in the area below-my eyes, but alot of blackheads.

Thanks again.

So it sounds like it's basically everywhere. A grey-white coating on the tongue indicates that something is wrong. Don't know what, can be a bunch of things, but probably has something to do with GI tract inflammation. I would suggest cutting out all unfermented dairy (so, milk, cream, ice cream, etc) and maybe even all dairy in general. I would also cut out wheat completely, and if you're feeling daring maybe even all grains. Basically, a paleo diet. You can look up a paleo diet online, there's lots of info about it. Loren Cordain wrote a decent book on it, I think his site is the first result on google for 'paleo diet'

But I don't think diet changes would necessarily be enough. They might help after about a month, but few people are willing to wait that long. Although, I think you should definitely do the diet, and while on it maybe either wait for the accutane to take effect or try a topical approach. With 4 months already on accutane, you should be seeing results. You should continue the accutane, but like I said, this doesn't sound like acne, certainly not normal acne, so I don't know how much of a benefit the accutane will give you.

Anyways, try the paleo diet. As for a topical approach, I would try neosporin cream (not ointment). Wash with an antibacterial soap (Defense soap I've heard is good, you can get the bar for $8 off amazon or the gel for $15, idk how goodstanding you are in terms of money). After you wash, put on the neosporin. I would start with spot treatment on outlying areas, and also all over face. Scalp is harder to treat with topicals, so you might want to leave it alone for now.

I would also suggest eating plenty of yogurt for probiotics, or taking probiotic pills if you have some on hand. Plain, full fat greek yogurt (chobani) is great stuff, just add a little honey, dried fruit, granola.

If the neosporin works (might take a week or two to see results), you probably have staph, and you'd probably need to take systemic antibiotics. Accutane doesn't kill bacteria, it just makes your pores secrete less sebum.

Diet is really hard to follow. But if you do all of this stuff, I would be very surprised if you didn't see improvement. Basically attacking it from all angles. (Unless it's fungal, and that possibility still exists, though small. Or viral, but viral skin infections are very distinct)

MemberMember
(@normalife)

Posted : 03/23/2013 9:43 am

Thanks again.

So it sounds like it's basically everywhere. A grey-white coating on the tongue indicates that something is wrong. Don't know what, can be a bunch of things, but probably has something to do with GI tract inflammation. I would suggest cutting out all unfermented dairy (so, milk, cream, ice cream, etc) and maybe even all dairy in general. I would also cut out wheat completely, and if you're feeling daring maybe even all grains. Basically, a paleo diet. You can look up a paleo diet online, there's lots of info about it. Loren Cordain wrote a decent book on it, I think his site is the first result on google for 'paleo diet'

But I don't think diet changes would necessarily be enough. They might help after about a month, but few people are willing to wait that long. Although, I think you should definitely do the diet, and while on it maybe either wait for the accutane to take effect or try a topical approach. With 4 months already on accutane, you should be seeing results. You should continue the accutane, but like I said, this doesn't sound like acne, certainly not normal acne, so I don't know how much of a benefit the accutane will give you.

Anyways, try the paleo diet. As for a topical approach, I would try neosporin cream (not ointment). Wash with an antibacterial soap (Defense soap I've heard is good, you can get the bar for $8 off amazon or the gel for $15, idk how goodstanding you are in terms of money). After you wash, put on the neosporin. I would start with spot treatment on outlying areas, and also all over face. Scalp is harder to treat with topicals, so you might want to leave it alone for now.

I would also suggest eating plenty of yogurt for probiotics, or taking probiotic pills if you have some on hand. Plain, full fat greek yogurt (chobani) is great stuff, just add a little honey, dried fruit, granola.

If the neosporin works (might take a week or two to see results), you probably have staph, and you'd probably need to take systemic antibiotics. Accutane doesn't kill bacteria, it just makes your pores secrete less sebum.

Diet is really hard to follow. But if you do all of this stuff, I would be very surprised if you didn't see improvement. Basically attacking it from all angles. (Unless it's fungal, and that possibility still exists, though small. Or viral, but viral skin infections are very distinct)

I'll try stop the dairy although I only drink milk, and also not to much of it.

I will also try the yogurt, and I will ask my dermatologist about it also.

About the neosporin I'll do a little research but I trust on you so positive about it to.

The thing is I am looking for a permanent solution, because I won't live up with diets my entire life, but I will give it a shot!

Once again, I think it is acne, because it started as one, and the same stuff is coming out of them..

About ACCUTANE, it does help, but 4th month and still they come out..

About the scars, and hair loss, any ideas?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/23/2013 1:27 pm

The best way to prevent scars and hair loss is to stop getting the cysts. If you're getting scar tissue on your scalp, only hair grafts will bring the hair back. I have found that scarring lessens the less I use topicals, but that's only feasible if you don't have much acne.

MemberMember
(@normalife)

Posted : 03/23/2013 5:28 pm

The best way to prevent scars and hair loss is to stop getting the cysts. If you're getting scar tissue on your scalp, only hair grafts will bring the hair back. I have found that scarring lessens the less I use topicals, but that's only feasible if you don't have much acne.

Is there a chance that the hair will grow again naturally?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/23/2013 6:39 pm

Depends on if there's scar tissue replacing the follicle or not. From what you describe, it seems like scar tissue is replacing the follicles, so I would say the hair will probably not grow back. There's a chance for anything, though.

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 03/25/2013 4:57 am

m 20! :)