Notifications
Clear all

Being Severed From Society

MemberMember
(@blottedscience)

Posted : 03/16/2013 3:50 pm

So for about 2 years now every day after school I come back home and that's about it when it comes to meeting people. I just can't

When I open my facebook and look at friends post, photos I'm like... man, I'll never get friends because I look up to what they usually do and I feel "It's fucking dumb stuff and I never want to hang out like that" Anyone feel the same? Just closed my facebook and decided to stop using it or use only if necessary. How to get back to society? It's taken to another level that I don't even want to go back but I think I must...

MemberMember
(@crazyicecream)

Posted : 03/16/2013 4:27 pm

I get how you feel. Feeling depressed and all. Not wanting to open up facebook. I've been played around enough with my face. I want it to stop too.

Well, it's more like I need to stop it.

My sister said that I need to speak out more as in, in person because I need to do well in interviews in the future.

So yeah, I'm taking this as a chance to get rid of all of my care about my acne and just speak with confidence.

Not caring about my face at all.

I've got a craft class tomorrow, more socializing... I guess it will be my first step to throw away my care for my face and just bring back the confidence smile.png

I think you should do something similar to this. Make a reason for you to force yourself out of your shell and stop caring about your face.

Because its not worth your care at all. It'll just ruin your life.

But not drinking & not hanging out like retards are actually a good thingtongue.png

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 03/16/2013 5:04 pm

Definitely a good thing that you deactivated Facebook. Personally, I still use it because I don't feel bad about it anymore when I go on and check out other people's life, but back when I was still trying to get my life together, I didn't go on it as much.

About the society part, it's just about going out there and doing your own thing. Don't worry so much about what everyone thinks of you.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/17/2013 11:51 am

I deleted (DELETED, not just deactvated) facebook 2 years ago. Best thing I ever did!

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 03/18/2013 12:53 am

Fuck society.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/18/2013 4:50 am

So for about 2 years now every day after school I come back home and that's about it when it comes to meeting people. I just can't

When I open my facebook and look at friends post, photos I'm like... man, I'll never get friends because I look up to what they usually do and I feel "It's fucking dumb stuff and I never want to hang out like that" Anyone feel the same? Just closed my facebook and decided to stop using it or use only if necessary. How to get back to society? It's taken to another level that I don't even want to go back but I think I must...

Maybe you're a lone wolf...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_(trait)

I love how "lone wolf" sounds. haha Anyway, my suggestion is to start doing what you want to i.e. if you're into e.g. photography then go and do that and you'll meet people through doing that. Or if you're into volleyball go and do that and it's the same story. A lot of people meet each other through having similar interests. Like how I read about one filmmaker's love life; all his wives had been artists...