Notifications
Clear all

Acne And Touching Your Face - How Do You Feel And Think About That?

MemberMember
(@emitawolff)

Posted : 03/16/2013 3:15 pm

Hi guys !

I know acne is not caused by bad hygeine or bacteria from the outside.

But we also know that touching your acne is bad, right?

So, how serious are you about toutching your face, or letting others (family, friends, girl/boyfriends) touch your face??

I really don't like when people kiss me on my cheeks, I dont press my cellphone to my cheek, I never touch or scratch my face without having clean hands ..

How important is it for you, and does it affect you everyday-life?

Share smile.png

MemberMember
(@blottedscience)

Posted : 03/16/2013 3:38 pm

I don't like anything to touch my face... LOL I wish someone want to kiss me!

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 03/17/2013 2:54 am

I don't really like anything touching my face either. Even if I just have an itch I am careful not to touch my face with my bare hands/fingers....I'll use a tissue or my shirt sleeve as a "protector". It even makes me cringe inside to see someone else rub the palms of their hands all over their face:) I don't think the "no touch" policy has had any big effect on my life. I'm older and it's almost become a natural instinct type of thing.....

MemberMember
(@emitawolff)

Posted : 03/17/2013 4:25 am

I don't really like anything touching my face either. Even if I just have an itch I am careful not to touch my face with my bare hands/fingers....I'll use a tissue or my shirt sleeve as a "protector". It even makes me cringe inside to see someone else rub the palms of their hands all over their face:) I don't think the "no touch" policy has had any big effect on my life. I'm older and it's almost become a natural instinct type of thing.....

Yea, me too !

It has become a natural instict .. I relate, I almost become anxious when I, for instance, see a person on the bus or at the mall touching their face all over .. ugh ..

I hate when some of my more emotional friends get drunk, and they kiss me all over my face - but you can't really tell them to stop, right? haha :D

When I was younger, I was so serious about anything touching my face, that I would get panic-attacks if it happened .. but with skills you can find ways (like you described) and avoid looking like a freak at the same time I think.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/17/2013 5:40 am

I'm with everyone here, I don't allow anything to touch my face. Food, hands, anything!

If something does happen to touch my face, I feel as though I need to wash it ASAP. I do wish I could touch my face though...I hate it when I see others doing it all day without a single blemish.

MemberMember
(@emitawolff)

Posted : 03/17/2013 9:16 am

Yeah, sometimes when I eat, if something hits my chin, I wash it immediatly ..

It sucks not to be able to touch your face and relax about it ..

My dad sometimes makes fun of me, saying "don't touch the make-up-zone" .. hehe.

Some of the hardest times is when it comes to family and boyfriends/girlfriends ..

I have a boyfriend, and he knows how anxious it makes me feel, so he doesent touch my face, but I would love if he could, if I could let him :((

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/17/2013 12:30 pm

Yeah...I'd love to be able to let somebody touch my face, but I'd freak out. My skin is that sensitive that if somebody was to touch it, I know I'd probably get a pimple in that area. I know it's likely to be psychological, but I just can't change how I feel.

I made a pact to myself around 2 years ago to never touch my face again (I was a serious picker) and I haven't. My skin is clear, but I wish I was able to touch it without it exploding.

MemberMember
(@emitawolff)

Posted : 03/18/2013 2:54 am

Yeah...I'd love to be able to let somebody touch my face, but I'd freak out. My skin is that sensitive that if somebody was to touch it, I know I'd probably get a pimple in that area. I know it's likely to be psychological, but I just can't change how I feel.

I made a pact to myself around 2 years ago to never touch my face again (I was a serious picker) and I haven't. My skin is clear, but I wish I was able to touch it without it exploding.

me too .. yeah, probably psychological, but I feel too that my skin has become so sensitive and use to not getting touched, that it would actually break out .. bad circle.

Glad to hear that you have achieved clear skin :)

´That is strange! I used to be a serious skin-picker too ! .. I would even pick my skin with dirty hands, ugh :( must have been traumatizing ..