Notifications
Clear all

I Can't Even Look At My Friends Without Crying Inside.

MemberMember
(@claire1205)

Posted : 03/15/2013 10:30 pm

Let alone my guy friends. I have acne on both cheeks and a big effin cyst on my effin nose. I look like Rudolph!! (You can laugh if you want) Although one of my girl friends have acne like me.. But WHY ME!!!!!???? I can't cover it up with a bit of makeup cos I'd look like a cake.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/15/2013 10:36 pm

Let alone my guy friends. I have acne on both cheeks and a big effin cyst on my effin nose. I look like Rudolph!! (You can laugh if you want) Although one of my girl friends have acne like me.. But WHY ME!!!!!???? I can't cover it up with a bit of makeup cos I'd look like a cake.

Oh and to top it all off.

There's this guy and he's one of our friends and he asked why i have clumpy patches of cake slapped on my face.

And I just want to head-butt him whenever I see his face.

What about you guys? Any short stories?

I'm sure everyone on the boards have had some sort of similar experience to this. It's always harder to explain it to someone who has clear skin. What treatments have you tried to help with your acne?

MemberMember
(@claire1205)

Posted : 03/15/2013 10:43 pm

I have tried like almost everything. Different soaps, cleansers, moisturisers to face masks, acne treatment cream bull****, lemon juice, toners, and oral medications that did nothing like doxycycline, Prednisolone which is a horrible steroid(although it calmed redness, but not acne) and I was even close to trying out ProActiv!!

But I am on Accutane 20mg right now.

When I get clear, I will seriously punch the hell out of that kid.

MemberMember
(@roes797)

Posted : 03/16/2013 12:09 am

ugh. I totally get that feeling. I used to have moderate acne, I couldn't look people in the eye because of it, especially without makeup on.. People can be so ignorant. I've had a guy tell me that I should use proactive.. But thank the lord, because I have zero pimples now, and finally perfected my ideal regimen..

Have you tried the clarisonic btw?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 03/16/2013 3:02 pm

Well, you'll be surprised, but I experienced one of the hardest breakouts anyone could ever get. Here's pictures of what I used to look like (link to my thread cause I don't want to go back and forth to imageshack)

I know how you feel. I remember that when I used to go to the streets people would look at me as if I was an alien. I felt incredibly unattractive to girls and I couldn't even do my favorite sport soccer due to the sweat and the pimples popping randomly cause of how thin and clustered my skin was with cysts and acne.

There's always a way out. Sure, I have the marks left behind but compared to what I was before, I feel like Brad Pitt haha. Trust me, I felt like my acne was never going to heal, and most people feel that way as well. There is ALWAYS a way out. You have to have faith and believe. Don't constantly think about your acne, because it'll make it even worse. I really do hope you get better.

MemberMember
(@claire1205)

Posted : 03/16/2013 7:24 pm

ugh. I totally get that feeling. I used to have moderate acne, I couldn't look people in the eye because of it, especially without makeup on.. People can be so ignorant. I've had a guy tell me that I should use proactive.. But thank the lord, because I have zero pimples now, and finally perfected my ideal regimen..

I haven't tried Clarisonic, and I don't really want to anymore. I've decided to stick to Accutane for now.

Well, you'll be surprised, but I experienced one of the hardest breakouts anyone could ever get. Here's pictures of what I used to look like (link to my thread cause I don't want to go back and forth to imageshack)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/326876-done-with-my-accutane-journey-pics/#entry3332068

I know how you feel. I remember that when I used to go to the streets people would look at me as if I was an alien. I felt incredibly unattractive to girls and I couldn't even do my favorite sport soccer due to the sweat and the pimples popping randomly cause of how thin and clustered my skin was with cysts and acne.

There's always a way out. Sure, I have the marks left behind but compared to what I was before, I feel like Brad Pitt haha. Trust me, I felt like my acne was never going to heal, and most people feel that way as well. There is ALWAYS a way out. You have to have faith and believe. Don't constantly think about your acne, because it'll make it even worse. I really do hope you get better.

Hey, thanks for sharing your story. I saw your pictures and I nearly cried. I saw your after pics and they look so much better. I'm really happy for you that you got your confidence back. Acne kills our confidence, but with patience, and perseverance, it will eventually get better. I hope. And I'm not trying to worry about it too much, cos what you said is true. Thanks and good luck.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 03/16/2013 9:24 pm

I haven't tried Clarisonic, and I don't really want to anymore. I've decided to stick to Accutane for now.

>>Well, you'll be surprised, but I experienced one of the hardest breakouts anyone could ever get. Here's pictures of what I used to look like (link to my thread cause I don't want to go back and forth to imageshack)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/326876-done-with-my-accutane-journey-pics/#entry3332068

Hey, thanks for sharing your story. I saw your pictures and I nearly cried. I saw your after pics and they look so much better. I'm really happy for you that you got your confidence back. Acne kills our confidence, but with patience, and perseverance, it will eventually get better. I hope. And I'm not trying to worry about it too much, cos what you said is true. Thanks and good luck.

Those same words "But with patience, and perseverance, it will eventually get better" you must always repeat to yourself. You're on acne.org. This site is like a family, where everyone supports e/o because everyone has or has had the same problem: acne. Have hope and be happy smile.png. Remember: you're not alone. You'll ALWAYS have support.

MemberMember
(@claire1205)

Posted : 03/16/2013 9:27 pm

Thank you :) well, fingers crossed! Haha

MemberMember
(@tylervo)

Posted : 03/17/2013 5:09 pm

There's this guy and he's one of our friends and he asked why i have clumpy patches of cake slapped on my face.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. If it makes you feel better, I have severe cystic acne and no friends at all. I've never had a single friend my whole life. Maybe one. Be glad that you have someone to talk to about your acne. Part of my aftermath was unduly caused by the effects that my acne had on my self-concept and thinking. My acne was also responsible for other health concerns.

But here's how I see things. I don't let realities like this ruin my life. Instead, when I feel depressed, I use strategies and the scientific method extensively to defeat my acne. Recently, I started taking antibiotics to temporarily keep my acne under control, but my ultimate intention is to find a homepatic remedy that will cure my acne without causing damage to my body. All I can say is, try not to dwell on your predicament too much because it will only cause stress. More stress could mean more acne. The possibility of getting more acne is not good. Since we want to avoid things that may cause bad consequences and stress could cause bad consequences, then it would make sense to avoid stress. Therefore, what I urge you to do is to devote your resources to solving the problem. Acceptance will make you happier.

MemberMember
(@lionheart88)

Posted : 03/17/2013 6:50 pm

I can't not wear make up in my own house as it makes me want to hide! I had no make up on earlier and my brother (who's autistic) said in horror 'what's wrong with your face??'

If make up makes you look cakey maybe you are using too much or need to try a different one? I use bare minerals and a primer but I think everyone is different so you need to find one that works for you. I do think its worth investing in though, if it hides your acne well and makes you feel better and more confident it's worth the money. There are lots of threads on here about make up.

Lots of people get acne or other skin complaints, when you see them do you think 'ewwww they have spots!' No, you don't, I think we all think everyone is staring when really they don't even think about it and if they really do have a problem with it then they are seriously shallow and aren't worth worrying about!

Look on the bright side, I'd rather have acne than cancer or autism or well, there are millions of things I'd have acne instead of :)

It's horrible and frustrating and never ending but at the end of the day life doesn't stop and you can't let acne control you.

MemberMember
(@claire1205)

Posted : 03/18/2013 1:47 am

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. If it makes you feel better, I have severe cystic acne and no friends at all. I've never had a single friend my whole life. Maybe one. Be glad that you have someone to talk to about your acne. Part of my aftermath was unduly caused by the effects that my acne had on my self-concept and thinking. My acne was also responsible for other health concerns.

But here's how I see things. I don't let realities like this ruin my life. Instead, when I feel depressed, I use strategies and the scientific method extensively to defeat my acne. Recently, I started taking antibiotics to temporarily keep my acne under control, but my ultimate intention is to find a homepatic remedy that will cure my acne without causing damage to my body. All I can say is, try not to dwell on your predicament too much because it will only cause stress. More stress could mean more acne. The possibility of getting more acne is not good. Since we want to avoid things that may cause bad consequences and stress could cause bad consequences, then it would make sense to avoid stress. Therefore, what I urge you to do is to devote your resources to solving the problem. Acceptance will make you happier.

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm so sorry to hear that you only have a few friends. The only people I can talk to about this is my friend who has suffered from acne and acne.org community. I am trying to control my stressness (is that a word? O.o) and not worry about it too much and do other things. All I can say is that I know it takes time to heal these things, so...

MemberMember
(@claire1205)

Posted : 03/18/2013 2:04 am

I can't not wear make up in my own house as it makes me want to hide! I had no make up on earlier and my brother (who's autistic) said in horror 'what's wrong with your face??'

If make up makes you look cakey maybe you are using too much or need to try a different one? I use bare minerals and a primer but I think everyone is different so you need to find one that works for you. I do think its worth investing in though, if it hides your acne well and makes you feel better and more confident it's worth the money. There are lots of threads on here about make up.

Lots of people get acne or other skin complaints, when you see them do you think 'ewwww they have spots!' No, you don't, I think we all think everyone is staring when really they don't even think about it and if they really do have a problem with it then they are seriously shallow and aren't worth worrying about!

Look on the bright side, I'd rather have acne than cancer or autism or well, there are millions of things I'd have acne instead of :)

It's horrible and frustrating and never ending but at the end of the day life doesn't stop and you can't let acne control you.

You can't not wear makeup in your own house?! 😦, for me, my house is like my escape. I can take a break from covering up these things.

Yeah I was cakey before I gotta admit, but there was one day I couldn't find my pressed powder, so I only put little bit of concealer as I only wear powder with moisturiser and sunscreen. I was nervous to go to school that day cos I barely had any coverup on! 😖 But they looked like they didn't care about my face at all so it was all good. The next day I started wearing little to no makeup and it was fine. I was glad to show my natural face without too much makeup! 😊

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking before. I thought everyone was staring at me cos I got this huge pimple on my nose and everywhere on my face. Thank god my friends aren't shallow! Haha. Sure they tell me that I have a shiny nose before I started taking accutane but I wasn't really worried.

Yeah you're right 😊 but seriously. I will do anything to get rid of this.

What are you currently doing to help with your acne?

MemberMember
(@lionheart88)

Posted : 03/18/2013 1:28 pm

I'm currently on differin (14 weeks now) and erythromycin (6 weeks) but I don't think it's having any effect. I hadn't taken anything for my acne up until a year ago when I started doxycycline, that cleared me quite well for a couple of months but I got resistant. I then tried lymecycline but I was also resistant to that. My acne wasn't half as bad before I started as to what it is now in my opinion - I wish I had never bothered to see my GP :( Now I don't know what to do, make up is not hiding my acne at the moment, it's too red and flakey and when I use moisturiser or primer it makes the foundation patchy and really obvious! I used to be able to put make up on and u couldn't even tell I had acne. How's the accutane going?