Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KatieLouiseoct86

2Nd Treatment Of Accutane DidnT Take! Suggestions On Controlling Acne?

I've had 2 treatments of Accutane. First treatment was in HS and worked like a charm and lasted 7-8 years. Acne came back and tried countless topical treatments and antibiotics (again) with no results. Second Accutane treatment was with isotretinoin and was more monitored- they have the new ipledge program which I had never had previously. The second treatment ended and a month later my acne has come back and it's spreading fairly quickly. I have tiny bumps and white heads covering my entire forehead. It is now traveling down the sides of my face, chin, and neck (luckily not my chest and back yet). I'm honestly out of ideas. I've tried different masks, antibiotics, topical treatments, washes. I recently started trying lemon juice which hasn't done much that I can see. I eat fairly healthy and workout 3 times a week. Only thing that comes close to somewhat working is Adapalene cream .1%. That's $200 a tube which is a lot after a very very expensive Accutane treatment!

Does anyone one have any possible suggestions? What may be the cause? I'm beginning to think my acne is untreatable. I have a dermatologist appt coming up next month but I feel like if Accutane can't help me what can :/

I've been on a ton of oral and topical antibiotics for as long as I can remember. Tretinoin creams, Benzoyl peroxide, prescription washes (some with sulfer), salicylic acid products, minocycline, doxycycline, erythromycin, bactrum, etc. I was always using a oral and topical antibiotic together with a perscrption wash. Doctors always switch my meds because they stopped working after a while.

I was on yaz and that helped the acne for a bit but then I started breaking out real bad again so the doctors switched it because yaz was'nt working properly

I've had 2 treatments of Accutane. First treatment was in HS and worked like a charm and lasted 7-8 years. Acne came back and tried countless topical treatments and antibiotics (again) with no results. Second Accutane treatment was with isotretinoin and was more monitored- they have the new ipledge program which I had never had previously. The second treatment ended and a month later my acne has come back and it's spreading fairly quickly. I have tiny bumps and white heads covering my entire forehead. It is now traveling down the sides of my face, chin, and neck (luckily not my chest and back yet). I'm honestly out of ideas. I've tried different masks, antibiotics, topical treatments, washes. I recently started trying lemon juice which hasn't done much that I can see. I eat fairly healthy and workout 3 times a week. Only thing that comes close to somewhat working is Adapalene cream .1%. That's $200 a tube which is a lot after a very very expensive Accutane treatment!

Does anyone one have any possible suggestions? What may be the cause? I'm beginning to think my acne is untreatable. I have a dermatologist appt coming up next month but I feel like if Accutane can't help me what can :/

OMG, i thought i was the only one experiencing this. I am at the almost end of my 3rd course and my acne is not geting better. I am sorry this has been the case for you. The only things i can suggest is hormonal treatment (sprio/bcp) or diet. Good Luck with everything.

Oh no your having the same problem? Im sorry this is the case for you too! Maybe it is more common than I thought :/ Yeah I could always change up birth control pills or go off them entirely. I was also thinking of experimenting with my diet if anything. From reading tons of information off the internet I gathered that wheat products and milk could be aggravating my breakouts. That would be hard to alter though! I will have to see :/

Thanks for taking the time to respond and best of luck to you as well :]