Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks

MemberMember
(@kayylaa13)

Posted : 03/14/2013 7:45 pm

Ahhhh help! They seem to be clearing. Will they ever go away? I'm sick of wearing foundation every day

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 03/14/2013 8:04 pm

They'll definitely go away, it just takes time with the hyper-pigmentation. I've had some last for only a few weeks and others take many months to fade. I tend to get them around my cheeks and forehead the most after a breakout. One thing that seems to help them fade a little quicker is aloe vera gel (directly from the plant, or the bottled version, I've had success with both)

Good luck to you :)

MemberMember
(@kayylaa13)

Posted : 03/17/2013 7:27 pm

Thanks.

I've had mine for months :(

MemberMember
(@jnc4now)

Posted : 03/17/2013 10:37 pm

I would say look into chemical peels. I have red and brown marks on both of my cheeks. TCA peel did get rid of some marks but there are still many stubborn marks on my cheeks. I am looking into laser and light treatments for those stubborn marks that did not respond to chemical peels.

Also, in my personal experience, natural remedies like aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, lemon juice, and others did not work for me. If it does, it will take a long time like at least months.

If it is really affecting your self-esteem and you are willing to pay the costs for chemical peels or laser treatment, go for laser or peels for faster results.

MemberMember
(@kayylaa13)

Posted : 03/20/2013 8:21 pm

My dermatologist said the marks will go away and I don't really need chemical peel. U can barely tell I have marks when I have my foundation on which is everyday. I'm just sick of wearing foundation I want these marks gone

MemberMember
(@oldstory)

Posted : 03/21/2013 2:26 am

Yes the marks will go away your marks are not bad all. I had acne marks similar to your and AHA cream faded most of it in two months. I am using Dan AHA check the reviews for it.