Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Regimen

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 03/14/2013 10:42 am

I'm about to finish my course on Monday! (if all goes well at my appointment)

I am really afraid to be one of those people who breaks out immediately after stopping accutane. I keep seeing posts about it and it's freaking me out. I don't want to go back to where I was last summer. =( so. those of you who have finished your course and have stayed clear, please tell me what your regimen is. I do not want to go back to using BP or SA. I have very sensitive skin so I want something effective, yet gentle. If you have any tips for me it'd be greatly appreciated! =)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/14/2013 2:12 pm

I use witch hazel after washing my face. I use witch hazel morning and night. Followed by pea size drop of retin a mixed with my cerave moisturizer every other day. Only at night.

MemberMember
(@gramann)

Posted : 03/14/2013 4:31 pm

My skin has been pretty clear for the most part. I'm using %0.025 Retin-A gel and CeraVe face wash and moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 03/18/2013 4:00 pm

My skin has been pretty clear for the most part. I'm using %0.025 Retin-A gel and CeraVe face wash and moisturizer.

thanks for the reply! my derm just gave me a ton of samples of Aczone and Atralin. I believe these are both Retin-A's. He told me not to use them for a month. So do I moisturize after?

I use witch hazel after washing my face. I use witch hazel morning and night. Followed by pea size drop of retin a mixed with my cerave moisturizer every other day. Only at night.

thanks for the reply! I have witch hazel in my cabinet =P i also just got a ton of samples of Aczone and Atralin. What do you use for a Retin-A? Do you find it works just as well when you mix it in with your moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/18/2013 4:19 pm

Personally after Accutane till 6 months after I would use a very light but cleansing for example Elemis cleansing milk with their daily moisturiser these are light and good for oily skin or prone to oil skin type thing before using anything like stronger

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/18/2013 4:41 pm

I use tretionin cream... I do find it works the same , no matter if I use moisturizer or not. My dermatologist recommended starting the retin a right away. Its best to stay ahead of the acne rather than letting it start up again and then trying to battle it again. Those are words from my derm. So I just followed her recommendation.

MemberMember
(@gramann)

Posted : 03/18/2013 5:06 pm

If you're using gel, moisturize before. If I try to moisturize after putting on retin-a it roll of my skin in these goopy blobs :) Put moisturizer on and wait 30 min (like you're already supposed to make sure your skin is completely dry) then put retin-a on and the moisturizer will be soaked in already :)

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 03/19/2013 2:44 pm

I use tretionin cream... I do find it works the same , no matter if I use moisturizer or not. My dermatologist recommended starting the retin a right away. Its best to stay ahead of the acne rather than letting it start up again and then trying to battle it again. Those are words from my derm. So I just followed her recommendation.

thanks for the advice! i didn't want to wait a month to start anyway, seems too risky! i still get a few around my period so who knows what will happen.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/19/2013 3:18 pm

thanks for the advice! i didn't want to wait a month to start anyway, seems too risky! i still get a few around my period so who knows what will happen.

Yeah I would for sure stay on top of it then... Best of luck to you