Altering The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Altering The Regimen

MemberMember
(@thatonedude77)

Posted : 03/13/2013 3:00 pm

I've been on the Regimen for a week and WOW I must say this is the most progress I've seen EVER. I had mild to severe acne, mainly cheeks, chin, and just a few under my jawbone by the ears. After just one week my right cheeck is completely smooth, no cycstic acne what so ever. Left side was a little worse but is catching up to the right.

One thing I have noticed is if I follow the routine as instucted a.k.a twice a day, my face gets irratated and starts burning a little bit. At first it wasn't a lot but after about 3 days the mouistorizer KILLS! In the video it said irritation = acne so how could this be helping? It's caused me to break out intensely in spots that have never had acne before.

I'm now doing the regimen once a day. Shower in the morning with cleanser. BP normally 15 minutes to a couple hours after. Moustorize once I see flakiness. It is acually working more effectively than the twice a day. Do you guys see any potential issues with doing it this way?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/13/2013 8:09 pm

I've been on the Regimen for a week and WOW I must say this is the most progress I've seen EVER. I had mild to severe acne, mainly cheeks, chin, and just a few under my jawbone by the ears. After just one week my right cheeck is completely smooth, no cycstic acne what so ever. Left side was a little worse but is catching up to the right.

One thing I have noticed is if I follow the routine as instucted a.k.a twice a day, my face gets irratated and starts burning a little bit. At first it wasn't a lot but after about 3 days the mouistorizer KILLS! In the video it said irritation = acne so how could this be helping? It's caused me to break out intensely in spots that have never had acne before.

I'm now doing the regimen once a day. Shower in the morning with cleanser. BP normally 15 minutes to a couple hours after. Moustorize once I see flakiness. It is acually working more effectively than the twice a day. Do you guys see any potential issues with doing it this way?

Noooo! Go back to doing it twice a day. The first few weeks are the hardest, with all the burning and redness and itching, but doing the regimen exactly to as Dan has said it works best. You might not end up seeing the results you want because you only do it once a day.

The best thing would be to get clear doing the regimen twice a day and once you have stayed clear for a few months, try cutting back slowly.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/13/2013 11:48 pm

Its true what nicmic says with applying twice a day will give the best results, but many people find building up slowly to be more effective. So if you're only applying once per day, aim to increase this to twice a day next week (but with a smaller amount of BP) and keep increasing until you're using the full dose twice a day. Redness and dryness are unfortunately an almost unavoidable side effect but it does go after a couple of months. The first 1-3 months are the hardest but if you accept that you will see great results in the end.

Glad you're already having success, but don't be disappointed in the second week if you have a bad break out. Happened to me and many many others. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@thatonedude77)

Posted : 03/14/2013 12:25 pm

It's not the redness or the dryness I'm worried about. I understand that my face is just taking time to adjust to all this. What I'm concerned about is the fact that I'm getting whiteheads the are effing huge in area that I've never had acne before.

MemberMember
(@buildingbeautiful)

Posted : 03/20/2013 1:11 am

It's not the redness or the dryness I'm worried about. I understand that my face is just taking time to adjust to all this. What I'm concerned about is the fact that I'm getting whiteheads the are effing huge in area that I've never had acne before.

That's perfectly normal; your skin is purging right now. You've only been on DKR for a week, it will sort itself out! Trust me.

MemberMember
(@thatonedude77)

Posted : 03/27/2013 4:55 pm

Today marks the 3rd week of using DKR and it feels good to say I'm acne FREE already! Went from out of control acne to not a single zit in exactly 3 weeks. I'm a stubborn ass and still don't do the regimen twice a day if my face is already red from the morning. I still use the cleanser though everytime I shower. Now that the acne is gone and my face has adjusted to the treatment a tad bit I WILL be doing it twice a day. I just hate all these red marks and dark spots. As far as I can see I only really have one or two scars as far dips in my skin but a bunch of little red spots and dark spots. So it still looks like I have acne under really bright lighting :/ It just feels SO weird being able to run my fingers over my own face and not hit bumps. DKR is the shit. I actually have the confidence to look people in the eye knowing they're not staring at my zits

Not only has it cleared me up but regardless of what people say about diet playing/not playing a role in acne, I 100% believe it does. Recent studies have shown and proven that the iodine in milk can cause acne. Well I'm at college on a meal plan and used to drink 1 to 2 160z cups of chocolate milk with EVERY meal at the dining hall. It hurt a lot to give up milk but straight up, I don't break out anymore. I don't wake up in the morning worried about finding new overnight zits. So yeah screw dairy

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/28/2013 5:22 am

Congrats with your success of the regimen. Stick to it by the letter and you maintain beautiful, clear skin!