Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justabeginner

Differin .3% - Face A Disaster After One Week?

I'm calling my doctor, but I'm pretty sure there's no way the IB has come so quickly. My face hasn't looked this bad in years. I used Epiduo and Doxy, cleared up, and now have a little inflamed acne back. But now it's come back full force, all over my face, which it's never been. I'm currently on Differin .3 and Doxy, but today marks exactly a week.

I still have a tube of Epiduo, so I'm wondering if I should just go back to that with the Doxy, or should I stick with Differin? My face is dry and hurts/burns, but I know that at least is normal.

Edited by justabeginner

I wish I had your tube of epiduo I'm out and cant get a refill til Friday lol anyways back to the point, its called a initial break out, you'll keep breaking out til your skin adjusts to it, by the way I'm on epiduo & doxy too how long did it take you til doxy started working?

Edited by RonThatBull14

I know about the initial breakout, but I just didn't realize it could happen in week one. My derm was encouraged, but I'm not sure how much I trust her to not just be saying that. Either way, she told me to keep going.

I used Epiduo+Doxy about 3-4 years ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I remember at my 3 month point, I was significantly better, but still not great. I want to say it was at 6 months that I finished and only used Epiduo to spot treat and help fade dark marks.

I know about the initial breakout, but I just didn't realize it could happen in week one. My derm was encouraged, but I'm not sure how much I trust her to not just be saying that. Either way, she told me to keep going.

I used Epiduo+Doxy about 3-4 years ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I remember at my 3 month point, I was significantly better, but still not great. I want to say it was at 6 months that I finished and only used Epiduo to spot treat and help fade dark marks.

I started doxy a couple days after new years & the only change I see is my pimples come and go faster. Like if I see one starting to come it will be a Whitehead by the end of the day or following morning that's all. I was using epiduo all over my face is that a bad idea?

No, I feel like my Epiduo directions were the same as my directions for Differin in that it's a pea-sized amount all over your face. I then only spot treated with it when I was clear(er). Because you're nearing the three-month mark, I'd evaluate if you feel like you're close to improvement or not and talk to your derm (you probably have/had a three month appointment?)

No, I feel like my Epiduo directions were the same as my directions for Differin in that it's a pea-sized amount all over your face. I then only spot treated with it when I was clear(er). Because you're nearing the three-month mark, I'd evaluate if you feel like you're close to improvement or not and talk to your derm (you probably have/had a three month appointment?)

I never been to a derm. My family doctor prescribes it to me. Hes been my doctor since I was born so I trust him. He's well known around here. And a pea size amount I feel like won't even cover one cheek lol