Notifications
Clear all

Removing Makeup Foundation

MemberMember
(@bee1993)

Posted : 03/11/2013 2:30 am

i use estee lauder double coverage foundation, and i use a lot of it after that i also wear mac double coverage foundation plus concealer on top of my already caked on foundation. i know i really shouldn't be wearing so much makeup especially with my acne prone skin but its the only great coverage i get that doesn't leave me embarrassed or ashamed to leave the house. i was reading that you shouldn't use towelettes to remove makeup but seeing as i wear so much its the only thing that works. i know the first thing i should do is obviously wear less makeup or at least a different brand but this is a no can do. i have many scars and i'm not willing to change my makeup routine before my skin starts to clear up at least. is there a number one makeup remover that is actually good for your skin?please help me i know i'm stubborn but so is my acne.

MemberMember
(@nomo)

Posted : 03/11/2013 2:34 am

Have you tried Philosophy brand wash called Purity. It comes in cream and gel form. I like both. AMAZING. Melts off makeup, gentle on face, doesn't clog pores, and feels soft. Melts off eye makeup, too! Kinda pricey, but you only need a dime size amount. Try it.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/11/2013 2:36 am

i use estee lauder double coverage foundation, and i use a lot of it after that i also wear mac double coverage foundation plus concealer on top of my already caked on foundation. i know i really shouldn't be wearing so much makeup especially with my acne prone skin but its the only great coverage i get that doesn't leave me embarrassed or ashamed to leave the house. i was reading that you shouldn't use towelettes to remove makeup but seeing as i wear so much its the only thing that works. i know the first thing i should do is obviously wear less makeup or at least a different brand but this is a no can do. i have many scars and i'm not willing to change my makeup routine before my skin starts to clear up at least. is there a number one makeup remover that is actually good for your skin?please help me i know i'm stubborn but so is my acne.

Try using jojoba oil to remove your make-up. It's pretty good for your skin and it doesn't break you out.

MemberMember
(@bee1993)

Posted : 03/11/2013 2:07 pm

Thanks so much i'll probably try the purity first i'm looking forward to using the jojoba oil but that's when i can afford the big kit plus. :)

MemberMember
(@roes797)

Posted : 03/16/2013 12:38 am

Use whatever towlette that works best for you, the cleanse your face after with several different cleansers. foaming cleanser, exfoliate, then a gel cleanser is my personal preference.. Then it's extremely important to use a toner after! BTW-- you should use spf everyday :)

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/20/2013 1:10 am

Non scented baby wipes work great for removing makeup. They're really soft and don't cause irritation. I just buy the target brand baby wipes. You want a foaming face wash to use after using the wipes. In my opinion I think foaming cleansers get the leftover makeup off better. You might need some eye-makeup remover, I suggest ponds cold cream. Using a cleansing brush or wash cloth will give you a deeper clean. After your face is clean apply a toner of your liking followed by your favorite moisturizer.

If you don't get all the makeup off your skin you can develop acne cosmetica.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/20/2013 2:58 am

I used to wear Estee Lauder Double Wear, but stopped when I realised that it was almost impossible to clean off my face without using makeup removing wipes. I used to use a cleanser, and then a makeup wipe but if I used a second wipe, foundation would still come off my face. Even though it was a lovely foundation with great coverage, I couldn't continue to use it because using so much cleanser and then makeup wipes on my face was far too irritating to my skin when following Dan's regimen.

If you are using Double Wear and then Mac foundation over the top, I would definitely suggest jojoba oil to 'loosen' the foundation before using a cleanser. Bit of a problem like you say, if you're saving to purchase the 'big kit' but I don't think you can beat jojoba oil for an all rounder product.

MemberMember
(@bee1993)

Posted : 03/22/2013 1:12 pm

Non scented baby wipes work great for removing makeup. They're really soft and don't cause irritation. I just buy the target brand baby wipes. You want a foaming face wash to use after using the wipes. In my opinion I think foaming cleansers get the leftover makeup off better. You might need some eye-makeup remover, I suggest ponds cold cream. Using a cleansing brush or wash cloth will give you a deeper clean. After your face is clean apply a toner of your liking followed by your favorite moisturizer.

If you don't get all the makeup off your skin you can develop acne cosmetica.

i tried using baby wipes they're the same as the Olay towelettes which didn't work so good for me i think my makeup is just a weird texture but i took your advice and bought Aveeno's ultra-calming foaming cleanser and it does take off the rest of the makeup that the towelettes leave on! i have yet to try the ponds cold cream but i will definitely give it a go since you were so right about the foaming cleanser! Thanks so much!

I used to wear Estee Lauder Double Wear, but stopped when I realised that it was almost impossible to clean off my face without using makeup removing wipes. I used to use a cleanser, and then a makeup wipe but if I used a second wipe, foundation would still come off my face. Even though it was a lovely foundation with great coverage, I couldn't continue to use it because using so much cleanser and then makeup wipes on my face was far too irritating to my skin when following Dan's regimen.

If you are using Double Wear and then Mac foundation over the top, I would definitely suggest jojoba oil to 'loosen' the foundation before using a cleanser. Bit of a problem like you say, if you're saving to purchase the 'big kit' but I don't think you can beat jojoba oil for an all rounder product.

i never thought to try a second wipe after my cleanser to see if there is any makeup still on my face im going to try that just to see how good my cleanser works. i dont ever see myself giving up estee lauder tho its a life saver im so embarrassed to go outside not only because of the acne i have but mostly because of the scarring so far the cleanser has worked but if i use the second wipe and still see makeup im going to have to buy the jojoba oil alone other people have suggested it too and i also want to use it for saving. thanks so much!