Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars! Help!

MemberMember
(@h0peful11)

Posted : 03/10/2013 11:31 pm

Hello so I have been on this journey to get clear skin for the last six painful months!!! It has truly been a roller coaster ride trying to find the correct medications that are good for my skin to help it stay clear! I have now been on tretinoin for 12 weeks and my skin has cleared up a bit from before, however I still get some breakouts but am hoping that with time this problem will subside. One of my top concerns now though is ACNE SCARS!!! They are a real pain. Even after my ugly inflamed acne has gone, I am left with these horrible scars all over my face! I was hoping the tretinoin would help this but dont know if I am really seeing much of a difference in them. Will tretinoin help them over time? And also does anyone have any suggestions of other ways I could get rid of them? My derm suggested chemical peels, but I dont have the money for that at the time.So if anyone has any other ideas pleaseeeee let me know! I am desperate to get rid of them! Thanks a lot to anyone who replies

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/11/2013 12:52 am

Hello so I have been on this journey to get clear skin for the last six painful months!!! It has truly been a roller coaster ride trying to find the correct medications that are good for my skin to help it stay clear! I have now been on tretinoin for 12 weeks and my skin has cleared up a bit from before, however I still get some breakouts but am hoping that with time this problem will subside. One of my top concerns now though is ACNE SCARS!!! They are a real pain. Even after my ugly inflamed acne has gone, I am left with these horrible scars all over my face! I was hoping the tretinoin would help this but dont know if I am really seeing much of a difference in them. Will tretinoin help them over time? And also does anyone have any suggestions of other ways I could get rid of them? My derm suggested chemical peels, but I dont have the money for that at the time.So if anyone has any other ideas pleaseeeee let me know! I am desperate to get rid of them! Thanks a lot to anyone who replies

Tretinoin helps! It lightened all those red/dark marks that acne has left on your skin. You can also try AHA. I personally use a 10% glycolic acid gel every night with my moisturizer and it has almost gotten rid of all my red marks. Don't forget to wear sunscreen during the day if you every try these options. They make your skin pretty sensitive to the sun.

MemberMember
(@h0peful11)

Posted : 03/13/2013 11:38 pm

Thanks for the response. Yea I guess I will keep at the tretinoin and hopefully it wil get better over time