Notifications
Clear all

"acne No More" Is A Horrible Scam

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 03/10/2013 8:49 pm

I followed his book exactly, for a LONG time, and saw no results. It's a total scam and one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. If you want to turn you life up-side-down, spend all your money on vitamin supplements and organic vegetables for juicing, and if you want to get sucked into the strange pseudo-science of his brand of "nutrition", then do it.

Seriously, I believe Mike Walden is a con-man. When I bought his book, it was actually years ago, and went by a different name, "Your Last Acne Solution". I see he's re-branded. Myself, along with everyone on his message board, were not only desperate, but stupid, and in my case, young, and willing to do all this in good faith, thinking we were going to "cure" our acne. It never worked, no matter how close you followed his steps. In fact (and I'm not exaggerating here), you're required to follow his steps so closely, that it's almost like a cult. Seriously. People would ask this guy what to do about this, or about that, and just blindly follow. He's not a dermatologist, scientist, or doctor. He probably took a few nutrition classes or something, if that. Please read on....

Basically it involves you cutting out of your diet basically most things people eat regularly. He won't even allow fruit, cause it's too high in sugar, which he claims feeds bad bacteria in your body which create acne. You have to go on days-week long juice fasts, eat only the foods HE says are appropriate, "purge" your liver, which I believe was probably totally unhealthy with no medical research to back up any claims of benefit, watch EVERY SINGLE thing you eat, it's really really really psychotic, and quite honestly, evil and harmful. I cannot stress enough how EVERY SINGLE THING you eat or do is scrutinized in this book, to the point where it became virtually impossible to follow without going off a cliff of dieting insanity.

He is not a doctor or scientist and all the medical explanations about how your liver and organs and digestion works is not backed up by any scientific or medical journals. He's bases a lot of it on OTHER new-age, holistic, raw food-type, diet books.

As I said, I was desperate and stupid, as was a lot of people on the boards. EVERYONE was having issues not seeing results. EVERYONE. And his response was ALWAYS, "well, you have to do more", or "you're not fully cleansed". So, purge your liver more, do another juice fast, take MORE supplements, don't eat this or don't eat that. And you know what? We did it. For me it turned into a boarder line eating disorder. It's a completely psychotic thing to do, and the bottom line is my acne probably got worse during that period.

And he also use to refuse to refund anyone. He claimed that it's stated that "if we follow the program and don't see results we get a refund" BUT if we're not seeing results, that clearly means we're not following it or haven't followed it long enough, even if it was years. He'd say, well, you just have to purge your liver again or fast some more, and if you didn't and just wanted your money back, he's say you weren't following it, so you're not entitled to a refund.

So between the people wanting the refund (after turning their lives up-side-down and gaining a true eating disorder), and I suspect complaints to authorities, the website/message board was eventually shut down. And now it's back, as "Acne No More", with all kinds of bogus youtube videos. People, please believe me, if you go down this rabbit hole, not only will you not help your acne (and since he advocates STOPPING any topical/treatments you are using, which he claims interferes with his "all natural" methods, it will likely get much worse), but you will also open yourself up to a world of pain and misery with all these crazy fasts, purges, and excessive supplements, to the point that before you know it, you have an eating disorder, all because "if I eat this, I'll break out", "if I don't fast for 5 days, I wont cure my acne", "if I don't eat this way I'll never clear my skin", "if I don't eliminate this from my diet there's no hope", etc.

Go to a dermatologist. If you don't like them, find one you do like. Do Dan's regimen (which has worked pretty well for me). But DON'T believe a word of this "Acne No More" scam, no matter how much he tries to present his information as if it was scientific or medically sound. He's not a doctor or scientist. But he knows how to present things in a way that is convincing, and for non-doctors, it's impossible to disprove, because in order to disprove it, you have to do it, and when it doesn't work, he'll say you have to do it longer or harder or more intense, and it will just continue like that until you finally realize (traumatically in my case), that you've totally lost control of your life and have developed a psychotic way of making sense of you acne, and you have what basically amounts to an eating disorder. It's a gigantic scam and I fell for it.

DO NOT DO IT.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 10/24/2013 4:49 pm

to be honest, for me a big RED FLAG was when he talked about this Elisha Levi guy he saw in his trip to israel.

Im from israel, and ive never ever heard of this guy in my life, even when i tried very hard to google him, and i think that if he appeared in shows i would defently find something...

still, i think some of the stuff do help to some extent.

btw, im curious to know, how did the liver cleanse affect u? i never done it and thought of doing it at some point in the future, but now clearly i have to rethink things.

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 10/24/2013 5:45 pm

I am not familiar with it, it's not know over here at least to me. I tried something similar but not that restrictive. I totally agree with this "watch EVERY SINGLE thing you eat, it's really really really psychotic, and quite honestly, evil and harmful.". Yes, i believe what i did was psychotic and harmful. I lost 10% of my weight in a month and being already normal to thin i just was so scared, no need to say the nutrients i was depriving for my body by avoiding dairy, grains, fruits, nuts. I don't know how these people manage to maintain this for years. Dairy and nuts definitely affect my acne so i still avoid them, at least till my medication starts working.

MemberMember
(@user354689)

Posted : 10/24/2013 9:29 pm

MemberMember
(@infinity17)

Posted : 03/26/2014 7:49 pm

This is a complete scam, it seems so real at first, because he plays it all down like he is one of us, that he had to suffer all the embarrasment and I feel for him, because I have to go through all this same embarrasment too, but this program is way too extreme to make this work for a regular person who has to turn his life upside down to get some results and when they relax a bit then acne condition gets even worse, its better to do nothing than go through all this s__t. Best to do is to visit your local places best dermatologist and counsel with him/her, or try Dans regimen for example(havent tried it yet, but some say that this might work)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/26/2014 9:25 pm

Not defending the book. I know nothing about it. But diet does affect your acne and people today regularly eat junk that makes them sickly and does lead to acne in the acne prone. Changing your diet is not psychotic. Neither is eating organic produce. It's smart. The smart thing to do is learn how to eat and live a truly healthy lifestyle so your body can function properly.

And I went to many dermatologists for years and took all kinds of drugs including two courses of accutane and used the same topicals found in Dans regimen. They never helped. Diet changes did. And this board has had many, many people that have said the Same. The Number of courses of accutane vary, of course.