Notifications
Clear all

Dry Skin After Shower With Bar Soap..plus My Regimen

MemberMember
(@gymrat3)

Posted : 03/10/2013 8:14 pm

Hey everyone. I'm a 20 year old male. I've suffered with acne for about 4 years now. I'd say during the past 6 months I've been moving towards more clear skin.

My regimen:

Hot/cold shower 1-2 times a day

Ivory non-fragranced soap 1-2 a day

No moisturizer

Doxycycline 60 mg once a day <--waste of money but whatever

Electric razor -- haven't shaved in my inflamed area for a very long time though I usually just trim facial hair besides on cheeks and mustache

So I just showered for my second time today after shaving earlier. Trimmed everything real low and completely shaved cheeks down to my jaw line but ignored my inflamed area below lip on left and ride side. Small cystic pimples I think. I've always had them. So my skin is really dry right now, it's been dryer, but it's pretty dry. Feels great though. The dryness covers the redness of my pimples so I don't mind. Is this a bad thing? I don't use a moisturizer. I know that when I wake up they will be red again but is this dryness causing harm? I usually carefully pop pimples that are ready, then use the soap to dry it out and it tends to go away in a few days.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/10/2013 8:19 pm

I was on epiduo for 10 months still am actually & I never used moisturizer a day in my life & always wondered why my skin would clear up then break out again, then a couple days ago I started using a moisturizer and I haven't had any new break outs, weird huh? The bottom line is you NEED moisturizer. Don't matter what especially during the winter if you don't use it then your body fights hard & over produces oil to compensate for the dryness which then equals breakouts. The flake ness/dryness may cover the redness up but its not doing anything else kinda like make up. Just covering it. Wash your face at night with whatever gel/cream you use, let it dry for 20 Minutes then put a thin film of moisturizer on over it. There for when your sleeping your body's not over producing oil. I use to wake up with an oily face & wondered why now I know its from not using moisturizer, my body was producing too much over night.

MemberMember
(@gymrat3)

Posted : 03/11/2013 12:11 pm

My skin is never oily though and is never dry besides after showers. My dermatologist told me not to use a moisturizer. I swear they know nothing though. He also told me he'd have my acne gone in 2 weeks, that was about 4 months ago and I've seen no change.

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/11/2013 1:22 pm

My skin is never oily though and is never dry besides after showers. My dermatologist told me not to use a moisturizer. I swear they know nothing though. He also told me he'd have my acne gone in 2 weeks, that was about 4 months ago and I've seen no change.

99.9 % of dermatologist don't care about your skin, if they cleared everybody up they would have no customers. They don't want you to be clear because they need your business. That's the bottom line. My skin is the same way only dry and flaky after a shower then once I wash my face during the day it has no more flakes but it doesn't matter, your body needs moisture, it evens your skin tone and makes your skin healthier. If you don't want to use moisturizer that's on you, its your skin I'm just trying to help you out.