Notifications
Clear all

Diane-35 Log

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 03/10/2013 3:17 pm

Hey!

So I have been diagnosed with PCOS and my gynecologist got me on Diane-35 which will later be switched to Yasmin. None of the natural remedies or diets ever worked for me, in fact I don't see the things I see affect my acne too much (I experimented with that a lot lately and ate sweet things and pizza almost every evening for a while - no significant worsening in my acne. Eating healthy - improvement in skin texture, but no change in acne). So I decided to take serious measures before my scarring from acne gets even worse - I just need to get rid of it. Hormonal pills seems to me like a lesser evil than Accutane and it will hopefully help with PCOS symptoms too.

Here I'm gona document my progress (if there is any, lol :P ).

Right now I'm on day 4 with Diane. Broke out on my chin and jaw yesterday, wonder if the initial breakout starts so early? Some headache too. Will update soon!

MemberMember
(@zeyla)

Posted : 03/14/2013 6:17 pm

Keep us posted!

I was on Diane-35 a few years ago and it did wonders for my acne.

I had maybe one small blemish every now and then which was most likely caused by my make-up, but it was tiny and was never cystic.

When I saw a photo of what my skin was back then, compared to now, I was blown away, Diane-35 really did make it look nearly flawless and very smooth.

At the time I fussed over such small imperfections that in retrospect didn't exist compared to what my skin is going through now! (being off birth control)

Sending good vibes!

=)

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 03/15/2013 5:50 am

Thanks Zayla! :)

Day 9 with Diane-35

I think I got some initial breakout - small non-cystic pimples on my cheeks, temples and few on my forehead. Nothing serious, but the redness makes it look worse than it really is. Otherwise, no side effects so far. Got some muscle cramp on my calf few days ago, but it might be due to dehydration - I drank so little lately.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 03/16/2013 6:20 pm

Day 10

Two new cysts (which i don't get often lately) painful and red. Could be due to heavy makeup or Diane, not quite sure.

MemberMember
(@mrscumberbatch)

Posted : 03/19/2013 8:18 am

Hi! Im on day 4 of Yasmin and I noticed breakouts but I read somewhere this is not from the pill yet as papules would take 2 weeks to form and be visible on the skin? And i was taking folic acid for a month as a hair supplement and i read that folic acid can cause acne in women about 73%. Im putting my faith on bcps but if this wont work after a month im going to go back on isotretinoin.

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 03/20/2013 6:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I posted this on another post and I pasting it here because I would like to strongly warn you against taking Diane.

It is a SHORT term fix, a bandaid that will make your acne so much worse when you stop it.

Diane is probably going to clear you out.

However, you will never be able to come off of it without breaking out and once you come off, your acne will get 10X worse.

I've been on and off diane for the past 7 years and before going on it, I had just a few breakouts which never stopped me from doing anything.

But that wasn't good enough, I wanted perfection. So I went on Diane and cleared out 100%. My Skin was flawless.

Long story short, after many years of taking this pill, I decided I wanted to stop injecting my system with hormones.

Ever since I stopped (8months ago) my skin has been breaking out like never before. I developped acne in places I've never had acne before.

My skin is suuuper oily and so is my hair.

I highly recommend you do not take this poison or any other birth control pill. It will completely mess up your hormones and you will regret it in the future.

I now feel a lot of regret and grief over my decision to take this pill. If I could go back in time I would have never started it.

I wish someone had told me this years ago. If you have a few breakouts, there are ways to live with them without messing up your entire system.

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

If you don't believe me, Google "dianette feels like it has been a total horror story".

Some girls have gone bald because of this evil pill.

Cheers

MS

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 03/21/2013 4:58 am

Hi everyone,

I posted this on another post and I pasting it here because I would like to strongly warn you against taking Diane.

It is a SHORT term fix, a bandaid that will make your acne so much worse when you stop it.

Diane is probably going to clear you out.

However, you will never be able to come off of it without breaking out and once you come off, your acne will get 10X worse.

I've been on and off diane for the past 7 years and before going on it, I had just a few breakouts which never stopped me from doing anything.

But that wasn't good enough, I wanted perfection. So I went on Diane and cleared out 100%. My Skin was flawless.

Long story short, after many years of taking this pill, I decided I wanted to stop injecting my system with hormones.

Ever since I stopped (8months ago) my skin has been breaking out like never before. I developped acne in places I've never had acne before.

My skin is suuuper oily and so is my hair.

I highly recommend you do not take this poison or any other birth control pill. It will completely mess up your hormones and you will regret it in the future.

I now feel a lot of regret and grief over my decision to take this pill. If I could go back in time I would have never started it.

I wish someone had told me this years ago. If you have a few breakouts, there are ways to live with them without messing up your entire system.

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

If you don't believe me, Google "dianette feels like it has been a total horror story".

Some girls have gone bald because of this evil pill.

Cheers

MS

Thank you for your answer and warning.

Unfortunately Diane-35 is the only thing I was suggested to take against my PCOS. And my skin is pretty bad, not like few bumps here and there - my acne leaves deep scars and basically never heals properly. So what I'm after is some normallity, not perfection. Maybe if my PCOS gets better during the time I take, acne will not come back that bad when I'm off the pill, hopefully.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 03/22/2013 5:35 am

Day 15

Looks like the initial breakout is going away, phew! My period is very late, I don't even know if it's gonna come at all cause it's been like 40 days since I had my last.

Otherwise I'm very emotional and slightly depressed these days, but that's the only side effect so far. Keep getting some muscle cramps on my foot, but I don't think it's related to Diane. Added 20 000 IU of vitamin A and planning to add vitamin D as well.

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 03/27/2013 10:17 am

i hope Diane is going well for you. I have slight depression sometimes with the pill and slight mood changes i duno what it is, like, racing thoughts and anxiety but other than that its ok. My skin isn't amazing yet, i've just started the third pack of belara but its a heck of a lot less oily, i mean, i can wash my hair once a week and its not even oily! and i exercise 5x a week. I had bad initial breakout in week three and the final week of the packet of pills i break out :S.i hope it works tho!

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 04/13/2013 2:51 pm

i hope Diane is going well for you. I have slight depression sometimes with the pill and slight mood changes i duno what it is, like, racing thoughts and anxiety but other than that its ok. My skin isn't amazing yet, i've just started the third pack of belara but its a heck of a lot less oily, i mean, i can wash my hair once a week and its not even oily! and i exercise 5x a week. I had bad initial breakout in week three and the final week of the packet of pills i break out :S.i hope it works tho!

I have some mood swings too, but no anxiety attacks though! And, differently than yours, my skin is quite dry (probably I need to thank vitamin A supplements and my natural lack of sebum). Actually, I've been on Belara when I was 17, then later again. It didn't do wonders for my skin honestly and I had much more emotional side effects than now on Diane! Hope Belara will work well for you!

Day 37

I don't notice any significant changes yet. Keep on breaking out at same old places, but it seems that I have much less of back and chest acne (don't know who to thank though - miss Diane, or mister and missis D and A vitamins). No noticable side effects, only slight mood swings, as I wrote.

MemberMember
(@hkg277)

Posted : 04/18/2013 3:33 pm

I have nearly finished my second pack of dianette, and have been non stop breaking out since going on it, especially on my forehead, which I don't usually break out on anyway!

I am sticking this out as my gp said 6 weeks is early days and it should 3 months to see a difference.

I just hope this pill will have a different effect than cilest, which broke me out horrificly!

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 04/22/2013 3:47 pm

Don't know, if it's overwhelming stress or Diane35, but my face just exploaded. Everywhere, except my forehead, which has been clear since I removed my fringes. Otherwise, it's a big hot mess, very painful... My back broke out too...

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:23 pm

Starting my third pack of Diane-35!

Haven't had a single breakout for about a week now! I'm afraid that this will in some mystical way summon the pimples, but hey, I have a right to be a bit happy for a moment. Thanks to MSM cream, all the redness faded really fast and the scars seem to fill in faster than I would ever expect. With some make-up on my face looks almost flawless!

Even though I was at home the whole week having a flu, I feel really happy and rested. Due to skin improvement I want to take care of my beauty (that's very typical for me, I only want to take care of myself when my face is ok, otherwise I feel it's pointless), so I bought some nice clothes and started making my hair everyday. If not the dark circles around my eyes, lost voice and coughing, I would definitely make a photoshoot for myself, a nice and sunny one! Last time I had a photoshoot with friends was... September! Last month of clear skin, and I was avoiding the camera ever since. Feels like I can be me again! :)

I have no side effects from Diane whatsoever. My period was on time this month, and it hasn't been on time for more than a year now. I always had a >40 days delay between my periods and now it seems to be normalized. No spotting, no mood swings (in fact my moods got much calmer), no pain anywhere. I could think that it lowered my immune system a bit, because I got flu and I'm never sick usually, but the weather is cold, so no wonder.

I think I will continue with Diane for 6 months and if everything is fine, I'll stay on it and not switch to Yazmin. We'll see!

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 06/06/2013 1:09 pm

4th month on Diane-35.

My acne is back this month. And scars filling in faster was probably an illusion I saw in my flattering mirror, cause they're just as deep. Because my acne is still persistent and doesn't go away for longer than a week or two, my doctor added Androcur (Cyproterone acetate). It's supposed to block androgens. I need to take 100 mg for first ten days of my cycle.

Otherwise - no side effects so far. Checked out my weight and I've lost 3 kg. So I don't seem to gain weight as many others on Diane, quite the opposite.

MemberMember
(@xefitnop1)

Posted : 12/12/2013 4:58 pm

Thanks Zayla! smile.png

Day 9 with Diane-35

I think I got some initial breakout - small non-cystic pimples on my cheeks, temples and few on my forehead. Nothing serious, but the redness makes it look worse than it really is. Otherwise, no side effects so far. Got some muscle cramp on my calf few days ago, but it might be due to dehydration - I drank so little lately.

JESUS CHRIST.

Stop taking the medication and seek immediate medical attention if any of the following occur:

• abdominal or stomach pain (sudden, severe, or continuing)
  • signs of blood clots (e.g., coughing up blood; pains in chest, groin, or leg - especially in calf of leg)
  • signs of heart attack (e.g., sudden chest pain or pain radiating to back, down arm, jaw; sensation of fullness of the chest; nausea; vomiting; sweating; anxiety)
  • signs of stroke (e.g., sudden or severe headache; sudden loss of coordination; vision changes; sudden slurring of speech; or unexplained weakness, numbness, or pain in arm or leg)
  • shortness of breath

Some people may experience side effects other than those listed. Check with your doctor if you notice any symptom that worries you while you are taking this medication.

I got those too when I took diane