Extreme Itchiness O...

Notifications
Clear all

Extreme Itchiness On Neck After 7-8 Weeks - Please Help Me!

MemberMember
(@thisismiawallace)

Posted : 03/10/2013 4:13 am

Hey there :)

I have been using the Regimen for about 7 to 8 weeks now. First I had no problem with any of the products (I purchased the whole kit with cleanser, BP, moisturizer, aha and jojoba oil) and was using them exactly how described in Dan's video. I started off with a small amount of BP and worked up to a full pump of BP every morning and night. After 3 weeks my skin began to be really dry and flacky, it was horrible to look at and I used everything: jojoba oil after cleaning my skin, exfoliating with jojoba oil, jojoba oil in the moisturizer at night, nothing helped. Maybe 1,5 weeks ago I started using a different moisturizer (Garnier moisture rescue refreshing gel) and the driness went away but the itchiness which came with the flakiness became worse. I woke up in the morning with skin/gel under my nails and it annoyed me so much because, of course, I could not control it in my sleep. Thinking that it might be the moisturizer I changed back to Dan's moisturizer after only 3-4 days but the result was increased flakiness. I started using the BP only once a day but my neck just became worse. Since two days I started taking the Garnier moisturizer again, just because it makes my skin soft and at least I don't have this dry feeling around my mouth. How I said, I was just using the BP once a day but tonight I woke up and couldn't fall asleep again because my neck and the sides of my face were incredibly itchy. I had to get up and to wash my face with cold water over and over again, putting moisturizer on the skin to cool it down. It was horrible, I was laying in bed, almost crying and trying not to touch my face or neck.

I am so sad because I have the feeling that the Regimen started working finally, I have severe acne and fighting against it since 8 years now. Of course I don't want to give up but I can't stand the itchiness on my neck, I scratched it so much last night in my sleep that I woke up with blood under my nails. Should I stop using the BP for a while until my skin calmed down? I am scared that I will lose my "results" on the Regimen and that I have to start all over again although it just started working after almost 8 weeks! Also, my skin is not red at all, my face looks cleared up, it is only my neck which is a bit red but only from scratching, not like an allergic reaction.

Thank you so much for your help, I feel so helpless right now and frustrated (as usual) about my skin...

Kind regards,

Deborah

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/10/2013 12:50 pm

You aren't putting ANY lotion or jojoba oil on your neck, are you? I made that mistake the last time I did the regimen (I'm on my 3rd try now). I thought I was helping calm the itchiness by moisturizing my neck, but I what I didn't know is, lotion actually carries BP with it to places you didn't apply it. So if you put BP on your face and then lotion on your face and neck, the lotion will actually spread the BP out in your skin so it covers your entire face and neck. Your neck skin is clearly far too sensitive for BP and therefore you get insane itchiness and irritation.

I'm not sure if this is something you're doing, but if you are, stop immediately! No moisturizer anywhere but the face. That also goes for spreading the lotion into your eye area.

MemberMember
(@thisismiawallace)

Posted : 03/11/2013 3:01 am

Hey,

First of all, thank you so much for your answer! :)

Actually I am putting moisturizer on my neck, how you already said, because I thought it might calm down the skin on my neck down - I will stop immediately and hope that the irritations goes back fast!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/11/2013 4:00 am

Hey,

First of all, thank you so much for your answer! smile.png

Actually I am putting moisturizer on my neck, how you already said, because I thought it might calm down the skin on my neck down - I will stop immediately and hope that the irritations goes back fast!

You might wanna think about applying moisturizer on your neck FIRST before applying the BP on your face. So then after the BP on your face dries, you can apply moisturizer only to your face so it doesn't carry any BP to your neck.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/11/2013 6:11 am

I got a red itchy neck when I first started the regimen too and its exactly because of what dejaclairevoyant says, that the moisturiser carries the BP down to the neck. Now having BP on your neck isnt really an issue, but like the rest of your face it has to adjust to the BP, so initially its going to get red and irritated but after a few months it adjusts and gets used to it.

I found wearing a high neck t-shirt at night helped so that when I slept and my chin touched my neck and chest area (in my sleeping position) the BP didn't touch my skin, just the t-shirt.

MemberMember
(@thisismiawallace)

Posted : 03/11/2013 8:26 am

Thank you again for your answers. I tried to do the Regimen as exactly as possible (with the step of washing hands inbetween the other steps) but probably got a bit lazy, especially at night before I went to sleep so I got BP on my neck. High neck T-Shirts are a bit too hot for the summer in Australia at the moment but I will find a way to keep the BP from my neck :)

It is really relieving to know that I am not the only one experiencing itchiness and irritatinos and it gives me hope and makes me keep sticking to the Regimen. The itchiness followed by scratching sadly irritated my skin so much that I got new pimples but I hope that everything will calm down if I take more care by applying BP and moisturizer.

Thank you all for your help!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/11/2013 8:40 am

Haha, I'm in Australia too but I must be a bit hardcore with the high neck t-shirts! ;) Nah just kidding, I started the regimen in spring so was a lot cooler than now, and by the time summer came, my skin had fully adjusted to the Bp.

I'm glad to hear you're going to stick with it. Trust me, you get through the first 2-3 months and you won't look back.

MemberMember
(@thisismiawallace)

Posted : 03/16/2013 6:25 pm

It's me again. I wasn't using the BP for maybe 5 days, just to help my skin clear down and the itchniness of my neck totally left. So it was clear to me that you were all right with the moisturizer which brings the BP on my neck. So last night I applied a pea size of BP on my face and put my moisturizer on, how I always did only that I was very careful not to get it on my neck. This morning I woke up and realized that I scratched my whole skin and the skin of my face was burning red, I have never seen that before on me or anyone. It can't be from the scratching and you can see that I am normal around my eyes, so where I didn't use the BP. I was using the whole regimen for more than 8 weeks now and just took a break for a few days, how can it be that such a small amount (before i was using a whole pump) cause such a reaction on my face? Does this mean I am definitely allergic to BP? I am going to see a doctor tomorrow to get rid of this redness and will ask him as well what to do. But I know that here are a lot of people who suffer from the same problems so thought I'd ask here as well. Does anyone know an alternative for BP because I really like the cleanser and moisturizer and will continue using it.

Thanks so much in advance :)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/16/2013 8:44 pm

Thank you all for your help!

No problem. :) I suffered for weeks with this before I finally saw a mention on the forums about how BP can travel wherever you put lotion on top of it. I'm not sure if he has put this in the instructions somewhere, but he really should.