Notifications
Clear all

What's Wrong With The Quoting Feature?

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/10/2013 2:00 am

It seems to be mess up and makes reading posts confusing.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 03/14/2013 12:32 pm

Can you please take a screenshot of what you see? Any explanations you can include that may help, would be great.

Also, incase it's a browser specific issue, please include your browser and version. i.e Internet explorer 8.

Thanks,

Paul

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/14/2013 2:07 pm

I agree the quoting feature is messed up. All the quotes run together so you cant tell whose response is whos. Very confusing.. I only have the issue with the mobile site though on both my Android and my iPad.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/14/2013 10:56 pm

Yup. This^^. It's also on my iPad so maybe its not working on them only.

Yup. This^^. It's also on my iPad so maybe its not working on them only.

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 03/15/2013 12:19 pm

Can you please take a screenshot of what you see? Any explanations you can include that may help, would be great.

Also, incase it's a browser specific issue, please include your browser and version. i.e Internet explorer 8.

Thanks,

Paul

There is no border on the bottom of a quote bubble so it blends with the text of the new post. It needs a bottom border.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/16/2013 1:43 am

I don't know how to post screenshots from my iPad to the Internet. If someone tells me how to I'd be happy to do it.

I'm on google Internet.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/17/2013 4:28 am

Is this how quoting is appearing for you also? I'm sort of getting used to it but I like how the old quoting was laid out. I agree that a bottom border would be nice!

It's not so bad when the post your quoting and the reply is short but it's annoying when the posts are longer - it's hard to tell when the reply starts. I also can't see quoting when using the mobile version of the site - I can't see any 'borders' it all just looks like the one post.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/17/2013 10:05 pm

No. In mine there's no separate box. It is all just text that runs into new replies.

It looks like its all one new post.

Mine has no borders at all though I see the border in Lilly's screenshot.

I also can't subscribe to topics anymore. I only can subscribe when I start a topic.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/17/2013 10:54 pm

No. In mine there's no separate box. It is all just text that runs into new replies.

It looks like its all one new post.

Mine has no borders at all though I see the border in Lilly's screenshot.

I also can't subscribe to topics anymore. I only can subscribe when I start a topic.

That sounds like how it looks if I use the mobile version of the site.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 03/18/2013 7:54 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll work on this.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 03/18/2013 8:33 am

If you refresh the page a couple of times, the quoting on the desktop version should be very clear.

I've improved the mobile version too, however the citation portion that states who you're quoting is missing. I'm still trying to figure out why.

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 03/19/2013 9:10 pm

If you refresh the page a couple of times, the quoting on the desktop version should be very clear.

I've improved the mobile version too, however the citation portion that states who you're quoting is missing. I'm still trying to figure out why.

test

Lilly75 liked