Notifications
Clear all

My Post Acne Scars. Erbium Laser Treatment Suggested? (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@rahip4567)

Posted : 03/10/2013 1:38 am

Here are a couple pictures of my post acne scars. I've had acne since I was in high school and I feel really embarrassed about myself with scars on my face except my forehead. I've made an appointment to see a plastic surgeon about possible Erbium Laser treatment to help my acne scars, but don't plan on doing it until the summer time. So since I'm waiting for my appointment, what kind of questions should I ask the doctor? Should I ask for Retin-A? He only offers two kinds of treatments for acne scars which is laser & Chemical Peels.

Anyways back to the point of this topic, Should I get Erbium laser treatment or should I look into something else? Here are a couple pictures...

photo1ymw.jpgThese scars are really deep and I'm not sure if erbium would do the trick.

photo3ow.jpgphoto2z.JPG

MemberMember
(@jbird12)

Posted : 03/10/2013 11:10 am

The scarring on your left side looks fairly deep. I don't think the erbium laser will do jack for you based on my experiences. However, you have to be careful with more aggressive laser treatments due to your darker complexion. I'm fairly light skinned and have had success with CO2 fractional lasers without complications but I think someone with a darker complexion would better be able to recommend treatments for you.

MemberMember
(@rahip4567)

Posted : 03/10/2013 3:58 pm

The scarring on your left side looks fairly deep. I don't think the erbium laser will do jack for you based on my experiences. However, you have to be careful with more aggressive laser treatments due to your darker complexion. I'm fairly light skinned and have had success with CO2 fractional lasers without complications but I think someone with a darker complexion would better be able to recommend treatments for you.

To be honest I don't really care about the deeper scars that near my temples but it's more about the cheek because that's where i have a bunch of tiny little holes and i feel really embarrassed about those then anything else.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/12/2013 5:52 pm

U need to get ur acne under control first and then look into treating ur scars

MemberMember
(@rahip4567)

Posted : 03/12/2013 11:18 pm

U need to get ur acne under control first and then look into treating ur scars

my acne is under control, besides inflammation you see in the picture my skin is pretty much clear of pimples.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/11/2013 4:19 pm

PLease let us know how you did?? I couldn't load your pictures for some reason, but i have moderate depth scarring and dark skin. I heard erbium laser is a little safer and my derm only offers lasers and chemical peels as well. Im curious as to how effective it is?