Notifications
Clear all

Looking For Mild Cleanser

MemberMember
(@fitnessbeautyqueen)

Posted : 03/09/2013 11:47 pm

Hi everyone. I have tried Cereve and Cetphill and am looking for a new mild cleanser. I would love to hear everyones favorites. I don't want to get too dried out from it like a lot of salcilic treatments but like to use a mild one on top of my spot treatments.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 03/10/2013 9:11 am

I use purpose cleansing wash. It's about $8 for a 12 oz bottle. They also make it in a bar (about $3) but I find bars to be a pain in the ass! I like the way it smells and it keeps my face clean all day and night. I have oily skin so that helps keep my oiliness down.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 03/10/2013 7:45 pm

I know I just replied to this, but I want to update on something. I had to stop using this after 2 days. I must be allergic to something in it bc my face won't stop itching! It is so irritated which is weird bc this is like the safest product to use! I thought it was the same thing as the cleansing bar but they're totally different, so I'm back to using the bar which I highly recommend. Also, I used clean and clear foaming favce wash for sensitive skin and it had the same effect on me. Turns out they have the exact same ingredients! The clean and clear formula was about $4 though. I'm not saying don't use these products, just make sure you're not allergic lol. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@veiledxbeauty)

Posted : 03/10/2013 9:09 pm

Hello there. I'd like to recommend Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin. I've been using it for a week to replace my old CeraVe Hydrating cleanser (wasn't taking my make-up off well enough) and it makes my skin feel soft and clean afterward without any leftover residue or irritation. Plus you can get it really cheap at Dollar General. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/10/2013 9:14 pm

Just use a face wash formulated for sensitive skin. I like the Perrricone MD hypoallergenic cleanser.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/14/2013 9:07 am

My advice would be to avoid anything with Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulphate in it, and also sodium chloride (if it's near the top of the ingredients list) as these ingredients will dry out your skin and irritate it.

My favourite is the Avene Soapless Gel Cleanser.

_1_902363_cleanance_soapless_gel_cleanse

I have oily/combo skin so I get dry and flakey but also oily and this doesn't dry out my skin but I feel like it cleans well and also controls oil :)