Notifications
Clear all

How Long Until This Marks Fade? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 03/09/2013 3:19 pm

Hey guys!

So it's been a while since I post anything on this website, but here I am once more.

So I finished my accutane journey 3 weeks ago. My dermatologist said that since I had no more acne coming out and I finished 4 and a half months of the treatment, no need to keep going on it. My main problem now are the marks. I'm extremely happy nonetheless since I don't have these nasty cysts and all that crud on my face anymore, but I want these marks to fade a bit quicker. My dermatologistis going to do that chemical peel treatment around 2 months from now, but I really want these marks to tone down so they're not as noticeable.

Heres some before and after pics:

Left cheek:

/

/

Right cheek:

/

/

Chin:

/

/

Thanks for all your help!

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/09/2013 4:15 pm

i always recommend apple cider vinegar toner with the mother. just dilute it in spring water half and half.

apply it morning and night with a cotton pad, after cleansing

and make sure to moisturize.

honey masks also work well in lightening the skin

neither of these break me out and ive seen amaziinggg results :)

you just have to be consistent with it or it wont be a dramatic change!

either way though good luck to you! the chemical peels should be good! i've never had one but i know they help a lot of others: )

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 03/09/2013 4:17 pm

i always recommend apple cider vinegar toner with the mother. just dilute it in spring water half and half.

apply it morning and night with a cotton pad, after cleansing

and make sure to moisturize.

honey masks also work well in lightening the skin

neither of these break me out and ive seen amaziinggg results smile.png

you just have to be consistent with it or it wont be a dramatic change!

either way though good luck to you! the chemical peels should be good! i've never had one but i know they help a lot of others: )

Alright I'll give it a try whenever I get apple cider vinegar. Thanks a bunch!

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/13/2013 11:03 pm

Wow accutane worked wonders for you....

MemberMember
(@scarface1)

Posted : 03/14/2013 1:57 am

I'd say it is a bit dependent on each person. For example, my skin darkens easily with any injury and although things heal well, the hyperpigmentation can take anywhere from 8 months to a hear to fade completely. In your situation, it may be sooner or may be longer. Be gentle with your skin and try to stay out of the sun.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/14/2013 2:50 am

Wow, what an incredible difference. Accutane has worked really well for you, I feel so thrilled! :) As far as the red marks, I know its probably not helpful but i think your skin looks brilliant. Red marks do fade in time. I know mine were completely gone within 3 months once I stopped breaking out, but during that period I just concentrated on enjoying the feel of my face being smooth for one in my life.

MemberMember
(@jnc4now)

Posted : 03/14/2013 4:36 pm

Even I never tried Accutane but I think your after pictures are some excellent results. Also, for red marks, I am thinking about laser treatment or skin resurfacing should be the best bet. But I thought most people say you should not treat your marks within 6 months you ended Accutane right?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 03/16/2013 2:56 pm

Even I never tried Accutane but I think your after pictures are some excellent results. Also, for red marks, I am thinking about laser treatment or skin resurfacing should be the best bet. But I thought most people say you should not treat your marks within 6 months you ended Accutane right?

Well for the most part a lot of people say that. My dermatologist said I only need around 2-3 months because I was on it for 4 months straight and stopped for around 2 months. Then I finished my last month on the beginning of February, so I don't really know. I just follow whatever he tells me to do. I mean, things have been working brilliantly so far haha.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/16/2013 3:49 pm

Your acne really cleared up!

You should wait 1 yr once going off accutane before you try to do anything too invasive for scarring.

You can do light chemical peels and Vbeam to help clear up the red marks. Vbeam is probably the fastest and easiest.

Make sure you ask your Dr if it is safe to get a chemical peel done that quickly, usually you have to wait 1 yr.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 03/16/2013 5:41 pm

Your acne really cleared up!

You should wait 1 yr once going off accutane before you try to do anything too invasive for scarring.

You can do light chemical peels and Vbeam to help clear up the red marks. Vbeam is probably the fastest and easiest.

Make sure you ask your Dr if it is safe to get a chemical peel done that quickly, usually you have to wait 1 yr.

He mentioned something about 4 light chemical peels and also VBeam. I think that's what he was trying to tell me but I misunderstood. And thanks for the support :)

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 03/16/2013 7:23 pm

Wow good for you kid. Was hard to look at your before pics imagine that was hard living with, hope your doing well mentally. I wouldnt put ACV on those scars, after accutane it will dry and burn your skin easily, I would highly recommend going and getting and aloe medicinal plant and rubbing the aloe from the plant right on the marks, this is your best way to go even over lasers and peels and all that. Your skin will look much more natural and it will help a lot. Organic raw honey also does wonders for marks, redness, and will keep your skin soft and moisturized. Best of luck to ya.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 03/16/2013 9:34 pm

Wow good for you kid. Was hard to look at your before pics imagine that was hard living with, hope your doing well mentally. I wouldnt put ACV on those scars, after accutane it will dry and burn your skin easily, I would highly recommend going and getting and aloe medicinal plant and rubbing the aloe from the plant right on the marks, this is your best way to go even over lasers and peels and all that. Your skin will look much more natural and it will help a lot. Organic raw honey also does wonders for marks, redness, and will keep your skin soft and moisturized. Best of luck to ya.

Thanks for the support. Mentally I'm a whole lot better thank God. Girls actually find me cute now and I'm mostly happy that my face feels smooth again. It hasn't been this smooth in a couple years. I'll talk to my derm about the aloe plant. I've heard about it before, and it's always positive about it. Thanks for the support!

MemberMember
(@oldstory)

Posted : 03/17/2013 3:01 am

This is amazing progress good job. You almost there i think AHA cream will work for your marks. I used to have alot of acne marks and Dan AHA cream faded most of it in 2 months. i also used ACV (organic) aswell and in my experience it worked but it was slow. But yeah keep doing what you doing it will be gone soon.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 03/17/2013 9:13 am

This is amazing progress good job. You almost there i think AHA cream will work for your marks. I used to have alot of acne marks and Dan AHA cream faded most of it in 2 months. i also used ACV (organic) aswell and in my experience it worked but it was slow. But yeah keep doing what you doing it will be gone soon.

Thanks for the support! I will ask my derm about the AHA cream and the ACV, let's see what he says.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/17/2013 2:21 pm

What an amazing improvement. All the recommendations that have been given, I agree with. I just had to post to say wow and congratulations! :)

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/17/2013 4:07 pm

Scars can improve but it takes months I mean I have had acne scars from when I was 13 some took 2 years to fade to a point that wasn't really there but 17 and I can still see them

As for the pitted these are more harder I wouldn't suggest a chemical peel...but thats me

I'd say laser helps more! But if its what your dermatologist suggests go for it but I'd say try and take a look at laser surgery or ask about it at least

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/17/2013 4:56 pm

Yeah they're right your scars are gonna take some time because of how bad your acne was. But dude your face cleared up BIG time like thats crazy. I showed some people your results because of how amazed I was/still am. I know I already posted but I just wanna remind You!