3 Months On The Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

3 Months On The Regimen!

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 03/09/2013 2:52 pm

Hi Acne.org community,

I'm so sorry it's been a while since I wrote about my experience with the regimen, I know i promised photos in my last post but i've just been super busy and just have not had time to take any photos upload them to my computer and then put them on here, when I get a chance I will, promise. I have reached my 3 month mark on the regimen, I think its actually been a little longer then 3 months now, maybe 3 1/2 or 4 months, but everything is fantastic! My acne is gone, completely, I still get one or two around that time(girls you know what i'm talking about) but when I do they are small and gone within a couple days, not only that but any redness, or dryness I had at the beginning of the regimen is now gone, my skin is so soft and looks and feels healthy. I still have scarring but it is slowly getting better and better, thanks to dan's AHA+. I also don't use the full amount of treatment anymore, I only spot treat in the morning, and put the full amount on at night along with moisturizer and AHA+. I have not switched to the full acne.org kit and I don't think i'm going to, my Cetaphil face wash and moisturizer are working just fine! Again sorry I haven't been on in a while, goodluck to everyone on the regimen!

M.K.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/10/2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for sharing! You look gorgeous in your avatar! Posts like this give me a lot of hope.

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 03/10/2013 9:20 pm

Thanks for sharing! You look gorgeous in your avatar! Posts like this give me a lot of hope.

Thank you! It has been a long and frustrating journey, but it is all worth it, keep it up, and I hope you get the results you deserve :)

MemberMember
(@pennypincher)

Posted : 03/12/2013 10:16 pm

Hey there, I've been on the regimen just for about as long as you have. I use cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer too. Do you also use Dan's BP? I am having problems with dark spots but my face does look better. Your pictures look great! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/14/2013 10:42 am

Looking good MK!!! :)

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 03/14/2013 3:11 pm

Hey there, I've been on the regimen just for about as long as you have. I use cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer too. Do you also use Dan's BP? I am having problems with dark spots but my face does look better. Your pictures look great! Thanks!

Hey! glad you found a solution for your acne, the worst is over at least, I'm still having issues with dark spots, but I'm using Dan's AHA+ and it is working wonders, my skin is by no means perfect but the spots are fading for sure, when I finally get a chance to post my pictures you will see the difference in my scarring! best of luck to you.

Looking good MK!!! smile.png

Thank you! I'm also feeling so much better, acne really takes a toll on you physically and emotionally!

MemberMember
(@pennypincher)

Posted : 03/14/2013 4:39 pm

Can't wait to see your pictures. I still have trouble with flaking though, whenever I do the regimen for more than 1 week I begin to flake all around my mouth and nose. What do you use to counteract this? And when and if you do flake, do you keep off the regimen for a few days or do you just spot treat? Thanks for your response, you seem to be the closest person to doing the exact same thing I have been doing for the past 3 months haha

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 03/17/2013 4:49 pm

Can't wait to see your pictures. I still have trouble with flaking though, whenever I do the regimen for more than 1 week I begin to flake all around my mouth and nose. What do you use to counteract this? And when and if you do flake, do you keep off the regimen for a few days or do you just spot treat? Thanks for your response, you seem to be the closest person to doing the exact same thing I have been doing for the past 3 months haha

Hey Penny Pitcher, I had some major flaking in the first 6-8 weeks of the regimen along my mouth and nose as well, and really bad on my forhead, and along with the acne, trust me it was not a pretty sight, but I have very oily skin as well, it seems to run in my family, we all have oily skin, so that could be the reason why my flaking subsided so well once my skin got used to the bp. However I think the AHA+ was also a major reason the flaking subsided, not to mention I use a really thick moisturizer, its called cetaphil restoraderm and its meant to restore your moisture barrier, people with eczema use it so its meant for really dry skin, and that stuff worked wonders even before I started the AHA+. I never went off the regimen the whole time, not matter how bad my skin looked, I'm still on the regimen but I find I only need to spot treat during the day, and put the full amount of bp on at night, I also mix my moisturizer with the AHA+ after, and once a week I just use the AHA+ at night. I hope this info helps you out, other than the flaking how is your acne doing?

MemberMember
(@pennypincher)

Posted : 03/17/2013 5:18 pm

I'm pretty good. I've started to do spot treating in the morning because time does not permit me to keep waiting for my face to dry. I currently use cetaphil cleanser + cetaphil SPF 15 moisturizer. I wish my face would stop having new breakouts usually around 1 a week or so, but it takes forever for them to heal, I'd pop them, but they'd grow back the next day, I'm sure I get all the gunk out but it just makes me crazy. I wish pimples would stop altogether so my face could heal for once but I still deal with it as best as possible. AHA is the stuff that really works, It really restored my skin from all the dark spots and I continue to use it every night. I've been on the regimen since December and I can't say that my acne looks better (mainly because I'm only 16 and hormones are gonna do what they do) but I can say that my face wouldn't look so (reasonable) without it!