Notifications
Clear all

Bumping Up To 100 Mg A Day

MemberMember
(@acneguitarist)

Posted : 03/09/2013 3:04 am

So after my second monthly derm appointment on Accutane, he says that if the big bumps (cysts) aren't gone in two weeks he wants to bump my dose from 80 mg a day to 100 mg a day. Has anyone had a dose this high? It scares me a little bit although I haven't had too many issues with side effects. I had a terrible initial breakout but it has cleared up very fast from that, I can post pictures if necessary.

MemberMember
(@acneguitarist)

Posted : 03/10/2013 11:52 pm

bump.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 03/11/2013 12:41 am

Dont do it you know that's an insanely high dose, thats obviously why you are concerned.

Doctors are morons and they do not care about your long term health.

Be your own advocate drop your dose to 20mg's a day max. Its has the exact same effect - aside from the side effects...

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 03/11/2013 3:28 pm

thats really high, doesn't it depend on how much you weigh? my doctor told me i would need around 20mg to be completely clear but MAX 30MG (i am short though 5'2 and weight about 120ish pounds) but she said its not neccesary to go so high and that you have to wait 3 months for any improvement. I dont take it but i have heard all the nasty stuff comes with high dosages. just be patient.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 03/11/2013 7:12 pm

That's a insane dose trust me! People have been dages by 20mg! Don't do it! Roche even states that accutane can work up to 2-4onths after course is over! Many haven't cleared till after their course!

That's a insane dose trust me! People have been dages by 20mg! Don't do it! Roche even states that accutane can work up to 2-4onths after course is over! Many haven't cleared till after their course!