Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Hey Guys!

I have been off Accutane for over 6 months now and am happy to report that I have not had any big break outs since then (whew!)

That being said, I do still have some red marks which are really hard to cover up. In the grand scheme of things, they are minor, but they are so annoying! I did Accutane so that I could roll out of bed and not worry about makeup... yet here I am, every day, covering red marks instead of acne.

I have been using apple cider vinegar (ACV) as a toner every morning and that has helped TONS. It has really faded many of my marks to the point where I don't have to try very hard to cover them with concealer.

I still have some very stubborn ones though, and it hasn't been able to stand up to them.

The other day I was thinking about this huge grease burn I got on my arm from cooking about a year ago and I realized... it's basically gone! It was waaaaay worse than any acne I ever had and I got it while I was taking Accutane... so why was it gone?

I remembered I used aloe vera, straight from the plant, and it healed in record time. For some reason I never thought about it for my acne scars though.

Has anyone tried it for red marks? I'm starting tonight, and I will report back later on.

I've included a photo of the scar on my arm from the grease burn. It is completely gone except for a faint breath of a pale scar.

post-74025-0-07217500-1362814854_thumb.j

post-74025-0-07217500-1362814854_thumb.j

Posted (edited)

i've tried aloe vera for red marks!

i use it every night in fact smile.png

excellent stuff!

interestingly enough i use it right after by acv toner tongue.png

my red marks are disappearing before my eyes and its really amazing! smile.png)

i've only been doing this combo for a few weeks

i anticipate nearly flawless skin in a few months (maybe less? gasp.gif) if this keeps up biggrin.png

sorry if i sound like an infomercial

its just really exciting! haha

Edited by heyybrighteyes