Cutting Back On Bp?

Notifications
Clear all

Cutting Back On Bp?

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 03/08/2013 6:02 am

Hi everyone! I've been on the DKR for 3 months, last Wednesday. So far I'm very happy with my overall results. I'm about 90% clear of my acne, I get a large bump about every week or so, but they are going away much quicker. My red marks are my main focus now.

Anywho, I was wondering if anyone has cut back on their BP and what the results have been like? I'd like to cut back on mine mostly because I don't want to have to use it like this forever, and it's time consuming in the morning. Plus I hear that it makes your scars worse. Is that true? Well if y'all want to just let me know how you're success (or failure) with cutting you're BP down, that's be swell!

MemberMember
(@swedan)

Posted : 03/08/2013 1:48 pm

I went from applying BP twice/day to nights only, and I had no problem to stay clear (I counted the odd spot as clear - good enough!). I still cleansed and obviously moisturized in the mornings, but at least I didn't have to do the BP part. Might be worth it for you to try once/day only, as I've also seen others who have done it successfully.

MemberMember
(@wot-once-woz)

Posted : 03/08/2013 4:37 pm

Well, I can understand you wanting to cut down the after a while. I did the same and eventually it worked well.

I basically done it in stages. Firstly I did what you are thinking of doing, that is I applied BP only at nights.

It seemed to work well...so I stuck with it for a long while. Then after I think a few months or weeks, can't remember exactly, I tried an even bolder routine. I tried only using bp every couple of day and only at night again.

To my delight, it worked again. I kept at it for a good while. Weeks or months can't remember.

Then eventually I stopped all together. Been off bp since 2009 now.

The one thing I do religiously still however is step one and three of the regiment. That is the cleansing and moisturising. I do this everyday. Morning and evenings. Unless I've been out all night and come home completely drunk :-) . happens about once a month!

But anyway. Yes. If you wish to cut down bp, I would suggest you cut down gradually. Start with only night time applications and see if that works. If it does, then stick with it for at least a couple of months or more. Let your skin get used to the change.

Also. Keep doing the cleansing and moisturising every morning as usual. Use a good acne friendly moisturiser with perhaps a small amount of an active acne fighting ingredient such as salicylic acid. I would recommend clean and clear oil free dual action moisturiser. Its what I've used for years and years.

If the moisturiser is not strong enough to keep your skin from dryness, try adding jojoba oil. A very small drop or 2.

Anyway. Good luck. And I hope it works for you.

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 03/30/2013 9:17 pm

So glad you've had such great results with the regimen, I have been on the regimen for about 4 1/2 months now, and I have been cutting back on bp, I use about half the amount at night and 1/4 of it during the day(basically just spot treat) give it a try, if you start to break out just go back to using the full amount again. Good luck!