Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks/hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 03/08/2013 5:08 am

I have numerous red marks on my cheeks and these seem to only be getting worse or new ones are appearing from active acne, however I don't squeeze or pick any new acne I get. I've been on suffering on differin 0.1 for nearly 3 months now and have yet to see an improvement only worsening of my acne and my red acne marks are present. It's getting me down and has viscously effected my mental well being, I'm only 17 years old. Any ideas or help? I'm seeing a dermatologist for the first time at the 30th of may.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/08/2013 5:18 am

I have numerous red marks on my cheeks and these seem to only be getting worse or new ones are appearing from active acne, however I don't squeeze or pick any new acne I get. I've been on suffering on differin 0.1 for nearly 3 months now and have yet to see an improvement only worsening of my acne and my red acne marks are present. It's getting me down and has viscously effected my mental well being, I'm only 17 years old. Any ideas or help? I'm seeing a dermatologist for the first time at the 30th of may.

Hydroquinone, Tretinoin and AHA are the things I recommend you look into. Maybe ask your dermatologist about it. I've used each of those at one point or another and they have worked for me.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 03/08/2013 6:36 am

Thank you so much, is it safe to switch from differin to Tretinoin?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/08/2013 8:20 am

Thank you so much, is it safe to switch from differin to Tretinoin?

I'm no dermatologist and I've never used differin, but I have used tretinoin and it did work for me in speeding up my acne to go away as well as my red marks. Where safety is concerned, you should ask for derma about that.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 03/08/2013 8:24 am

Ah okay thank you, I see my derma in 2 months so will just bite the bullet and stick with differin in the meantime.

MemberMember
(@a-damsel-in-distress)

Posted : 03/08/2013 10:13 am

Also, red marks do fade over time. Just wear sunscreen and try some of Dan's AHA+ to help speed up the healing process :)

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 03/09/2013 5:05 am

Also, red marks do fade over time. Just wear sunscreen and try some of Dan's AHA+ to help speed up the healing process :)

thank you I will definitely purchase some AHA, but I'm currently on differin so My face is irritated enough