What Am I Doing Wro...

Notifications
Clear all

What Am I Doing Wrong?

MemberMember
(@michuny)

Posted : 03/07/2013 11:27 pm

I'm on my fouth week of the regimen and my acne is worse that ever, I have 3 big purple cyst and four red pimples. I am using Neutrogena transpareren facial bar, benzac 2.5 % and garnier fresh cream twice a day, and now my acne is getting worse.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/08/2013 12:48 am

I can feel your frustration, but unfortunately the regimen takes a little longer to take effect for some people. The best thing to do is to re-look at the regimen instructions to make sure you're doing everything as instructed. EG, not washing your face for too long, being extra gentle etc. Also make sure you havent added in extra steps such as exfoliating.

You can also have a look at the products you're using. I havent any comment to say about your cleanser or moisturiser, but check that they are on the recommended list here. When I first started following the regimen I was also using Benzac BP, but I found that in order to use the amounts that the Regimen requires, I was going through a tube a week (a very expensive exercise). I then bit the bullet and ordered Dan's products and even though the cost of shipping to Australia cost more than the products themselves, I didnt look back. His BP was soooo much better than Benzac.

So all I can say is re-look at what you're doing, make sure that you're using enough BP and also look at the products you're using. Patience and persistance is the key to the regimen. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/08/2013 4:17 am

I was still breaking out on my 4th week on the regimen so don't give up on it just yet. It's different for everybody you just have to be patient.

MemberMember
(@michuny)

Posted : 03/08/2013 3:28 pm

The best opcion for the regimen it's Dan's products, but unfortunately they can't shipping to Mexico, so Im just be patient and keep going to the regimen.

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 03/09/2013 3:01 pm

Don't give up, I was experiencing horrible breakouts until about the 6th week, thats when I started to see a major difference in my acne, everything was healing, I'm on my third month now and my skin is clear 90% of the time.