Notifications
Clear all

Alright I Give Up Man! What Can You Eat?

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/07/2013 8:53 pm

Let me start by saying I started getting acne when I was 12 I'm 18 now. My acne has never been severe its just mild. My routine is 2 50mg doxycycline capsules a day and epiduo gel at night. My face clears up, then I break out, clears up then I break out & just repeats. So I said hmm let me go on a diet. So far I've cut out, chocolate, anything dairy, bread, gluten, soy, wheat & I don't drink anything but water. Last week my face was clear all week then a couple days ago I broke out for no reason and my face got red out of nowhere, right now my face is pretty clear except 2 spots, but I know that will change because my epiduo is basically gone & I can't get a refill til monday. I don't use face wash or moisturizer because I break out so easy. I was using cetaphil but it made my face red. Anyway my biggest problem is AFTER I eat anything I think is okay I Google it & its can effect acne what the hell, literally anything. I've been living off white rice & Vienna sausages for the past 2 weeks because I'm scared to eat anything else. WHAT CAN I EAT???

MemberMember
(@iwishihadclearskin)

Posted : 03/07/2013 9:05 pm

i dont think Vienna sausages are a good idea. They are very high in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 03/07/2013 10:40 pm

Anything is fine as long as you don't think about it. Which is harder than it sounds.

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 03/08/2013 4:15 am

Bear in mind that the diet route is supposed to take a long time to work & white rice is a very high GI food.

I don't really buy the diet stuff & haven't ever noticed an effect on my acne from what I eat. I enjoy eating too much anyway.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 03/08/2013 9:24 am

Anything is fine as long as you don't think about it. Which is harder than it sounds.

Hmm...not sure this is the greatest advice i've ever heard...

Eating foods that are highly anti-infllamatory is smart. And doing things like balancing your omega 3 to 6 ratio is also smart, as this helps greatly with inflammation as well. Drinking green smoothies is an excellent way to get nutrient dense greens into your diet, and there is a whole thread on this in the nutrition section.

Eating cleaner, as in without refined sugar/refined flour/processed foods/hight GI meals/crappy vegetable oils and their horrible omega 3 to 6 ratios... will help with hormone regulation, as there will be less strain on your liver to filter out crap. This can free it up to focus on what it should be doing which is hormone regulation/blood filtration (amongst other functions).

Some people have allergic reactions to certain foods too. And many members report great success eliminating dairy and gluten from their diet. Others claim it made no difference. Some trial and error is involved, but there are some things you could absolutely be doing now like eating nutrient dense/anti-inflammatory foods and balancing out your omega 3 to 6 ratio. Supplementing with vitamin D might not hurt either, but it needs to be from a whole food derived source. You could take 50,000 IUs of synthetic vitamin D and not get the same results as you would be taking 2000 IUs from a whole food derived supplement. Obviously if you can get sun exposure that would be optimal, but if not, a supplement might be the way to go

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/08/2013 8:02 pm

Eating foods that are highly anti-infllamatory is smart. And doing things like balancing your omega 3 to 6 ratio is also smart, as this helps greatly with inflammation as well. Drinking green smoothies is an excellent way to get nutrient dense greens into your diet, and there is a whole thread on this in the nutrition section.

Eating cleaner, as in without refined sugar/refined flour/processed foods/hight GI meals/crappy vegetable oils and their horrible omega 3 to 6 ratios... will help with hormone regulation, as there will be less strain on your liver to filter out crap. This can free it up to focus on what it should be doing which is hormone regulation/blood filtration (amongst other functions).

Some people have allergic reactions to certain foods too. And many members report great success eliminating dairy and gluten from their diet. Others claim it made no difference. Some trial and error is involved, but there are some things you could absolutely be doing now like eating nutrient dense/anti-inflammatory foods and balancing out your omega 3 to 6 ratio. Supplementing with vitamin D might not hurt either, but it needs to be from a whole food derived source. You could take 50,000 IUs of synthetic vitamin D and not get the same results as you would be taking 2000 IUs from a whole food derived supplement. Obviously if you can get sun exposure that would be optimal, but if not, a supplement might be the way to go

True acne vulgaris has nothing to do with diet. Acne is a hereditary disease, end of story.

So sick and tired of hearing this garbage from people like you. Acne is rare in the general population and most people don't eat the healthiest or don't diet yet acne remains fairly rare in adults over 25. Everything comes down to genetics.

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/08/2013 9:24 pm

True acne vulgaris has nothing to do with diet. Acne is a hereditary disease, end of story.

So sick and tired of hearing this garbage from people like you. Acne is rare in the general population and most people don't eat the healthiest or don't diet yet acne remains fairly rare in adults over 25. Everything comes down to genetics.

Hmm I wish it was genetics but both my dad and mom never had acne, neither have their parents but yet somehow me & brother got it, that's not genetics.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 03/09/2013 6:37 am

This is garbage advice? Eating an anti-inflammatory diet and avoiding things that we now know are detrimental to various body functions?

This...is garbage advice?

Trying to balance out your omega 3 to 6 ratio? And making sure to get enough vitamin D? And drinking nutrient dense green smoothies?

While diet might not have cured you of your acne, it has helped myself and countless others on this site. So i really wish you'd stop bashing healthy eating. I'm actually getting sick and tired of hearing this garbage from people like you. Garbage statements that acne and diet are in no way related. If diet doesn't help with your acne, it sure as hell will help with your overall health, which is what we should be more concerned with anyway.

I have never said diet is the end all/cure all method of ridding yourself of acne. I have said that in loads of people it has helped, and even eliminated the problem. And in loads of others, it seems to have little effect. And for those whom it failed for, we don't actually know how strict they were, or how long they tried it, or what exactly they included or excluded, and so on and so forth. I think many people simply don't give it enough time, but there are also those who gave it months and months with no results. At least they made a healthy lifestyle change that will improve the quality of their life months and years down the road.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 03/09/2013 11:27 am

Nobody in my family has acne except for me.

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/09/2013 3:33 pm

Nobody in my family has acne except for me.

that's why its not genetics, some people can say it is but it really isn't idk what it is

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/09/2013 4:42 pm

This is garbage advice? Eating an anti-inflammatory diet and avoiding things that we now know are detrimental to various body functions?

This...is garbage advice?

Trying to balance out your omega 3 to 6 ratio? And making sure to get enough vitamin D? And drinking nutrient dense green smoothies?

While diet might not have cured you of your acne, it has helped myself and countless others on this site. So i really wish you'd stop bashing healthy eating. I'm actually getting sick and tired of hearing this garbage from people like you. Garbage statements that acne and diet are in no way related. If diet doesn't help with your acne, it sure as hell will help with your overall health, which is what we should be more concerned with anyway.

I have never said diet is the end all/cure all method of ridding yourself of acne. I have said that in loads of people it has helped, and even eliminated the problem. And in loads of others, it seems to have little effect. And for those whom it failed for, we don't actually know how strict they were, or how long they tried it, or what exactly they included or excluded, and so on and so forth. I think many people simply don't give it enough time, but there are also those who gave it months and months with no results. At least they made a healthy lifestyle change that will improve the quality of their life months and years down the road.

"It sure as Hell will help you with over all health"? hahahaha, just because you eat a healthy diet does not equate good health. You could still develop cancer suddenly and a myriad of other diseases regardless of how healthy you eat or take care of your body. I learned that the had way. And no, being a Vegan will not lessen your chances of developing Cancer as much as most people would like to pretend.

You've obviously never experienced a serious illness. Only then you would realize how powerless you really are over your own health.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 03/09/2013 7:26 pm

"It sure as Hell will help you with over all health"? hahahaha, just because you eat a healthy diet does not equate good health. You could still develop cancer suddenly and a myriad of other diseases regardless of how healthy you eat or take care of your body. I learned that the had way. And no, being a Vegan will not lessen your chances of developing Cancer as much as most people would like to pretend.

You've obviously never experienced a serious illness. Only then you would realize how powerless you really are over your own health.

I...can't even wrap my head around what you just wrote. 'Only then would you realize how powerless you are over your own health'.

Alternativista was right, there is no use in even having a discussion with you. So much negativity and misinformation. So...i'm done

P.S.- Dr. Max Gerson cured thousand of cancer patients in the 30's and 40's sent home to die by the medical industry, most of whom were terminally ill. And his daughter Charlotte continues his work at the two clinics in Germany and Mexico today. The Gerson Therapy has a cure rate of 50% with terminally ill cancer patients. Modern medicine, chemo, radiation, surgery...less than 30% regardless of the stage of cancer when diagnosed. The Gerson Therapy uses raw foods and coffee enemas