Notifications
Clear all

Any Users Of Dermapen Vs Other Needling Techniques?post Your Experience!

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/07/2013 6:01 pm

I would really like to get any experience from dermapen users.

a) Did you perform it on your own or in a clinic?

b)Did you see better results than derma roller or derma stamping?

c)i If you performed it in a clinic,then what length settings did the doctor use?

d) What other informations and useful thoughts can you post abut this technique

e)Worth it?

I have lately seen some pub med abstracts about automated microneedle therapy system=dermapen

so i am interested to hear any thoughts.

Thank you

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 03/08/2013 11:04 am

I've had three dermapen treatments and 1 dermaroller treatment all performed in a clinic. The needle length was 1.5mm. I didn't get any results aside from nice glowing skin for about three weeks after and then my skin went back to how it was before. I had my first needling done in January last year so over 12 months now and i've still not seen any results.

MemberMember
(@professional-123)

Posted : 10/17/2013 7:19 pm

According to the FDA web site, Dermapen is not approved, yet. There is an import alert dated 09/09/2013 ( http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_244.html ) that will cause any imports of this product (illegal, since it has not received clearance) to be seized at customs. Dermapen is a Class II Medical Device, as opposed to Class I declared by the company. Class II poses a greater risk and thus pre-marketing registration with FDA is mandatory. To receive marketing clearance, a medical device must be proven safe with clinical data. If not cleared, there is a chance that the device will cause damage to unsuspecting users.

Buyer beware!