Notifications
Clear all

Does Benzoyl Peroxide Helps In Fading The Acne Marks?

MemberMember
(@maryana)

Posted : 03/07/2013 10:18 am

Hi guys! im actually already 3months stick with the regimen. I've not fully recovered, but ofcoz much better than before i started the regimen. still getting 6-7 active pimples. and mostly clearly seen is the acne marks or dark spot on my both cheeks.

So stressful in having those ugly scarring. im thought of trying retin-a 0.1, but scared to because i think it ofcoz will make my face getting worse again for 2-4 weeks, for my face to adapt with the cream. or not. idk. But I really want to clear my face.

huhh, just that in 3 weeks ahead, my bff will bring me to meet her friends. so, i ve no gut to try the retin-a if i will breakout again,

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/07/2013 12:22 pm

i would suggest you dont put any bp on the red marks. they will stay red if you continue to do so. i get ipl's for my red marks but olay regenerist deep hydration cream is great for those. if you use it for a few weeks it should really help and its no more than $30 at the store. you can get it on ebay though much cheaper for like $15 or so. good luck to you!

Maryana liked
MemberMember
(@maryana)

Posted : 03/09/2013 2:15 pm

thanks for the suggestion, tracy!

hmm, now im having whiteheads on my cheeks. just yesterday i started to use a toner, and those whiteheads are the result in one day. thought the toner would help in treating my open pores and fading those acne marks. *cry

sort of tired of experimenting.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/11/2013 10:04 am

hmm that is odd about the toner unless its purging the skin. i just started using the proactiv toner and its great. it has glycolic acid and witch hazel in it and wont dry out your skin. i use the toner morning and evening and after i use it i rinse my face with cool water so that the product is off my face. that way i get the benefit of it but dont have to worry about the glycolic acid purging my skin. you could try that or just witch hazel is good enough and its really cheap too!

Maryana liked
MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 03/18/2013 2:20 pm

no!! i think BP makes the red marks red and they just stay around longer. I used to wonder why my red marks weren't fading fast after the pimples went. Then i stopped the BP and they fade faster with other topicals. I hate it anyway it just stained my t shirts and towels no matter how much i washed my hands. It also made the pimples go an ugly purple red colour.

Maryana liked
MemberMember
(@maryana)

Posted : 03/19/2013 3:46 am

oo tracy idk, maybe i think the witch hazel that makes more whitehead on my face. just because today i try put it on back (toner) and hah, in one day again i get new whitehead. huhu , sad :)

hey, lilly, so what you use to fade your acne marks? may share it with me? ;)cause im so fade up, and really upset with this. :(

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 03/19/2013 4:33 am

I personally stop irritating my skin, i just wash with cetaphil and then i apply Dr Gross Trifix - http://www.dgskincare.com/products.cfm?cid=20. at

I am taking the pill now in hopes of clearing up my skin so i can focus on removing these marks (they are upsetting!). I had an IPL photo facial combined with a TCA peel last saturday, it really reduced the marks + acne and i might have another IPL this saturday.

I also have this recipe, its a traditional recipe that people use for removing acne marks and spots, it was actually featured on Dr. OZ last week. basically you need 3 ingredients -

milk, chickpea flour, tumeric.

Mix 2 tablespoons milk with 1/4 turmeric, and 2 tablespoons chick pea flour. Mix it till its a paste and then apply it to affected area for about 20 mins. Then wash off. You can lightly use it to buff the skin as well.

Maryana liked