Notifications
Clear all

Makeup With The Regimen

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/07/2013 7:04 am

Hi you guys! I have been on the regimen for 7 weeks now and my skin has been looking and feeling great. Can't say enough about how good I feel being almost clear.

I do need some advice though on make-up. I don't typically wear make-up since I feel that it sits so heavy on my face when it was riddled with acne. I usually only apply concealer to my red spots. Now that my skin is looking up, I really want to try if I can start using a bit of foundation to even out my skin tone. Nothing too heavy, nothing that looks cake-y.

Would you guys know of any tried and tested non-comedogenic foundations and concealers that work for you and don't break you out? I would prefer (if there are) drugstore brands because I don't really want to shell out a lot for something I won't be using everyday. If you could also let me know the best way to apply it (fingers, brush, sponge), then that would be great. I feel like such a failure at being a girl sometimes. hahaha.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/09/2013 4:26 pm

i've been using neutrogena healthy skin

its pretty sheer! but buildable and doesnt clog my pores

it can be dewy so its best to set it with a powder.

probably my favorite though is maybelline superstay

stays on all day, satin finish without a powder, covers EVERYTHING.

but its thick... and potentially clogs pores but hasnt broken me out

my only real con with it is that the colors dont match me :(

i have to mix it and even then.. it can look a bit orange or pink on me :/

i used to use the tinted moisturizer by physicians formula

its really lightweight! it would even out my skin tone nicely but you could still see blemishes

but its good if youre not looking for something too heavy

and you dont need to set it with powder

all from the drugstore :)

hope this helps in some way!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/11/2013 4:03 am

i've been using neutrogena healthy skin

its pretty sheer! but buildable and doesnt clog my pores

it can be dewy so its best to set it with a powder.

probably my favorite though is maybelline superstay

stays on all day, satin finish without a powder, covers EVERYTHING.

but its thick... and potentially clogs pores but hasnt broken me out

my only real con with it is that the colors dont match me sad.png

i have to mix it and even then.. it can look a bit orange or pink on me :/

i used to use the tinted moisturizer by physicians formula

its really lightweight! it would even out my skin tone nicely but you could still see blemishes

but its good if youre not looking for something too heavy

and you dont need to set it with powder

all from the drugstore smile.png

hope this helps in some way!

I will try to look into the Neutrogena and maybelline ones. I don't think we have Physician's Formula here in the Philippines though.

But thanks very much for the recommendations. :)

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 04/23/2013 6:25 am

Whatever you do, do NOT use Neutrogena Healthy Skin!!!! One of the first ingredients is Ethylhexyl Palmitate! Major pore clogger + breakout causer!

Try Bourjois healthy mix :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/23/2013 9:49 pm

Whatever you do, do NOT use Neutrogena Healthy Skin!!!! One of the first ingredients is Ethylhexyl Palmitate! Major pore clogger + breakout causer!

Try Bourjois healthy mix smile.png

I've seen so many good reviews are this product! Almost every youtube make-up person says they love it and its comparable to a Chanel foundation. I'm so jealous we don't have those here in the Philippines though.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/24/2013 5:17 am

I use Almay nearly nude, amazing foundation. It's like a tinted moisturiser really... and you can't even feel it on your face. Cost me $10 from a random store I was in. I use Covergirls clean pressed powder for sensitive skin to set it.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:49 am

I heard you can get it on ASOS.com outside the UK! Do you have that there?

Another foundation similar to the Chanel Vitalumiere is Rimmel Match Perfection which covers flakes wonderfully too.

MemberMember
(@acnebeewax)

Posted : 07/11/2013 10:33 pm

hello. I'm also from the philippines. and recently, I've been wanting to try on some makeup. have you seen a good makeup for skin with acne?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/12/2013 4:43 am

hello. I'm also from the philippines. and recently, I've been wanting to try on some makeup. have you seen a good makeup for skin with acne?

Currently using Revlon's Colorstay foundation for Oily/Combo skin. Works really well to even out my skin color and when I have any acne, I use MAC's Studio Fix concealer to cover it. If I decide to go without foundation, then I use my MAC Select Sheer Pressed powder. None of those products have broken me out so I really like them.

MemberMember
(@febbi94)

Posted : 03/13/2014 2:36 am

hai all.i wanna ask after using benzoyle peroxide acne.org and mosturizer (the regimen) can i use makeup after that?

i just recently bought this product.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/13/2014 8:56 am

Mineral powder foundation with just the basic ingredients, ordered online. I have been weighing some of the options vs reordering from Everyday Minerals which I've been using for several years. You can see a list of the many options in the other thread plus a few people commenting on what they use.

It's a dry powder that doesn't spoil. You can order enough for a year or even many years. Even the small 5 gram jars most of the bigger names, like Everyday, Bare essentials, etc package in last me about a year. And they cost between $12 and $30 depending on the brand.