Notifications
Clear all

Do I Have Severe Acne?

MemberMember
(@kevzjd)

Posted : 03/06/2013 7:22 pm

I've attached a photo (I hope) - do I have severe acne or moderate?

Would I benefit from using Acccutane or should I carry on using antibiotics?

Cheers

post-203979-0-16764600-1362615684_thumb.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/06/2013 7:47 pm

I've attached a photo (I hope) - do I have severe acne or moderate?

Would I benefit from using Acccutane or should I carry on using antibiotics?

Cheers

It looks pretty irritated. Does the rest of your face have the same problem? Or only certain aread?

I would say you give The Regimen a try before taking any medication. I tried antibiotics before and the acne only came back in full force after a few months.

MemberMember
(@kevzjd)

Posted : 03/06/2013 7:51 pm

Its mostly around my mouth / chin and nose. I was taking oxytetracycline for a year and half with BP until I became resistant to it. My doctor has put me on a new antibiotic with differin which ive been on for about 2months now and its only made it worse.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/06/2013 8:26 pm

Its mostly around my mouth / chin and nose. I was taking oxytetracycline for a year and half with BP until I became resistant to it. My doctor has put me on a new antibiotic with differin which ive been on for about 2months now and its only made it worse.

I was on antibiotic too for about 3 months. It totally cleared my skin but came back full force after 9-10 months.

I tried BP before too and it was the 10% BP which totally fucked up my skin. I didn't realize I was using it the wrong way. I should have been way gentler as to not aggravate the acne I had.

I suggest going on back to the BP (2.5%). It has gotten rid of all my cystic acne and I'm only on my 7th week. Just followed Dan's regimen.

MemberMember
(@forrestgump)

Posted : 03/07/2013 6:38 pm

Accutane isnt worth it. Try acnefree sulphur mask, itll calm down the irritation. if you are in europe try zeniac lp fort, it works miracles but it hurts pretty bad

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 03/08/2013 4:24 am

Accutane IS worth it.

Hard to tell how bad your acne is from such a bad picture tbh, but, if you've found antibiotics to be ineffective, it might be time to talk to your derm about Accutane.

MemberMember
(@waddles321)

Posted : 03/08/2013 5:32 am

^2nd that

At least if anything do your research on accutane. It's unlikely that you will be able to get it straight away anyway so you could always start on the regimen but your acne looks moderate / severe in my book with it being quite inflamed and I think you would gain a lot from accutane.

The regimen has helped a lot of people no doubt about it, but there's always going to be the element of doubt about whether it's going to clear you completely and it's a process which will take up a fair part of your day every day and that just isn't sustainable for some people.

It's a personal decision about whether to take accutane or not and of course there is the risk of side effects but they are largely exaggerated and in most cases you will expierience dry lips and be absolutely fine.