Notifications
Clear all

Purge/detox?

MemberMember
(@dmb41)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:54 pm

Hello everybody...

I joined this site a while back when my acne was at it worst, and tried the DKR products. They did work, but left my face extremely dry and red, so I decided to take a more holistic view on treating acne. I have a couple questions,

During the month of January, I began drinking a lot more water, and slowly cleared up, not 100% but an improvement was visible. At the beginning of February I was reassigned to midnights, and my water intake went way down. My sleep schedule was also extremely messed up, and my diet went way down hill. Well, you guessed it, my skin got a lot worse.

At the beginning of March I was assigned to days, thus giving me the ability to start my diet back up.

I've been drinking close to a gallon of water a day, I've quit smoking, and have began eating a lot healthier, a lot of greens, fruits, etc. I do not remember the last time I ate something considered "unhealthy", cookies, cakes, etc. I also began taking a green tea supplement pill. This is all continued with exercise. I've also switched to CeraVe Hydrating cleanser, which doesn't leave my face dry, which I believe is what caused my breakouts in the past.

I've noticed other changes occuring; including muscle tone (I can finally see my abs), energy, general better well-being. My overall skin tone has improved, but I'm breaking out more than usual (if that makes any sense).

I guess what my question is by improving my diet and lifestyle, could this be causing a detox/purging effect of the skin? The pimples that are forming seem to go away a lot quicker then they have in the past and I'm also breaking out in places where I usually don't break out.

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, I'm just trying to get a handle on what's occuring.

Thanks for reading!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/06/2013 5:33 pm

They heal faster because you are eating less inflammatory foods and likely consuming healing nutrients. And sleeping better. Are these new breakouts different from what you got before? Perhaps you are consuming something you have an intolerance for.

MemberMember
(@dmb41)

Posted : 03/06/2013 5:52 pm

It's hard to explain, but the new pimples that are forming are a lot smaller, and not the typical big puss filled ones I've gotten in the past. Since starting these changes I have yet to get a big one.

EDIT: I haven't added anything new into my diet, just got rid of all the unhealthy stuff. I've always eaten healthy food mixed with bad food, so I don't think it would be a food intolerance.