Rash-Like Sebum Plu...

Notifications
Clear all

Rash-Like Sebum Plugs On Cheek

MemberMember
(@semmer)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:52 pm

So, I've been getting my acne under control with going diary-free and stopping picking and physically manipulating my skin.. So in low-lighting, I look pretty good. But when the light hits my face "just right" you can see the tiny little bumps allllll over my cheeks. I can't feel them with my hands... my cheeks feel pretty smooth, but these almost rash-like bumps have been there for at least a year. I think they're just sebum plugs, because I can use a condome extractor for some that have come to the surface enough, but doing so is weakening the pores, and spreads bacteria, which causes BIG breakouts...

I have been using ACV to exfoliate, which has been good for the surface dead cells... but nothing gets these bumps... And scrubbing my skin aggravates it and makes the bumps bigger and red! What is this??? How do I get rid of it? I have super-sensitive (so SA and BP isn't an option), oily skin. I've tried different oils and lotions on my cheeks and nothing's working.... Either it gets worse or stays the same. HELP!

MemberMember
(@chrisc1024)

Posted : 03/25/2013 5:34 pm

I had a similar problem and found out after a while that it was sebaceous hyperplasia. You might have milia, sounds more like it.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/25/2013 7:35 pm

Milia is most commonly found around the eyes. If the material coming out of these is bumps is stringy white/light yellow matter you have closed comedones.

The only topical treatments that work for these are lactic acid, salicylic acid, retinoids and sulfur. Since you said your skin is sensitive to acne topicals maybe you could start off slow and work your way up to using a product everyday. If you do choose to use an acne topical for your closed comedones you may see an initial breakout but be patient because it will go away.

You can also take vitamin A in supplement form.

MemberMember
(@vis)

Posted : 03/27/2013 11:29 am

i have really similar thing but i doubt it is neither of those - there is no liquid (ever) and sometimes red patches. under my cheeks as well (i think these last one might be from antibiotic treatment: duac = Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin Phosphate+ metronidazole + oral cephalexin). i am going to stop smoking as well. do you think it will help? this entire think is driving me nuts since i havent had acnes for years

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/27/2013 5:57 pm

I can't really say for sure what that is. Are the red patches bumpy, kinda like chicken skin? It could possibly be keratosis pilaris.

Everyone will say yes, stop smoking its not good for you internally and externally. If you wanna quit smoking cigarettes then do it now before you loose that drive! I'm also a smoker so I know how hard it is to quit.Tried to quit a few times and I was unsuccessful haha. Seriously the longer you go smoking the harder it is to quit! Personally me smoking doesn't make a difference in what my skin looks like acne wise. When I had severe cystic acne I quit smoking cold turkey for 3 months. I saw no noticeable improvement in my skins quality. But anyways you should try and quit :)

MemberMember
(@ihateacne00)

Posted : 04/15/2013 3:37 pm

I have the same thing in sunlight it looks like ve been attacked by a wasp loads of huge raised bumps, and when i squeeze them this hard seed comes out. It's disgusting.

Not sure what to do? I've been using Liquid AHA and Benzoyl Peroxide and taking Limecycline

Nothing is workng?

MemberMember
(@lisawojcik)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:11 am

hi.. I wonder if you may have onset of Keratosis Pilaris? I have this on my face, and it sounds like what you have. People have tendencies to get this on the cheek areas- it almost looks like a rash, but is just sets of closed keratin bumps.

still working on my strategies for solving my own issues with it!

Best luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=keratosis+pilaris+cheek&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-AfAUeb_L-e9iwLMsIH4DA&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1866&bih=890