Notifications
Clear all

Cutting Out A Scar?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/06/2013 2:55 pm

Has a method ever been attempted to cut out a scar with a laser completely opening the skin then sewing or gluing back the wound ? just wondering?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:09 pm

there are better ways like skin graft to remove a scar

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 03/06/2013 5:49 pm

What do you mean cut out a scar with a laser? The old school co2 lasers are some of the most powerful lasers we have, but they won't "cut out" your skin. They remove it layer by layer.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/06/2013 5:59 pm

well u could just use a scapel ...just open the would then re attach it

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/06/2013 7:05 pm

This is one of the procedure of applying hydrogel...They cut out the scar with excision and then apply the hydrogel

.Check out the scarless healing thread.The hydrogel due to its structure attracts nearby cells and is being digested by the macrophages

promoting tissue ingrowth.

Only in mice though ;)

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/07/2013 4:57 pm

my scarring is mostly rolling uneveness from cystic acne ...anyway when pull skin tight under my jaw my scarring dissapears to nothing it look amazing ...you would think they could tighten your skin to do this lol

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 03/07/2013 5:54 pm

my scarring is mostly rolling uneveness from cystic acne ...anyway when pull skin tight under my jaw my scarring dissapears to nothing it look amazing ...you would think they could tighten your skin to do this lol

Ya *some* plastic surgeons do mini face lifts (they tighten the face) in order to improve scars + wrinkles. You can look into that.

Read this though : http://www.lamfacialplastics dot com/facelift/the-two-finger-rule/392/ (change the dot to .)

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/08/2013 8:26 am

there are better ways like skin graft to remove a scar

Skin graft most likely will leave some scars so no point of doing that...

This is one of the procedure of applying hydrogel...They cut out the scar with excision and then apply the hydrogel

.Check out the scarless healing thread.The hydrogel due to its structure attracts nearby cells and is being digested by the macrophages

promoting tissue ingrowth.

Only in mice though wink.png

I wonder will hydrogel ever come out? that would be my and a lot of other people dream :)