Notifications
Clear all

Ive Been Acne Free For A Month, Heres What I Did!

MemberMember
(@tom1l1)

Posted : 03/06/2013 2:14 pm

So Im posting here because this website has helped me with my acne so I thought I would share something that I learned myself to possibly help you guys.

I would usually get a zit 2 inches below my lower left/right lip every 1 1/2 weeks, it was like clockwork where if I get 1 on my left side it would immediately appear on my right side! I used to never get acne when I was younger teen but then I just started getting them allot there, and recently on my forehead (at least every 2 days a new one popped up).

So I have extremely sensitive skin, I have Keratosis Pilaris (not that is really related I don't think), when I was little I would get lots of excema which sucked. And when I take showers my face flakes white and dries very easily so thats why I used cetaphil lotion, and cetaphil gentle cleanser on my face.

So I been doing that forever and didn't see much results, so for 1 month I stopped using a cleanser/moisterizer on my face and voila no acne! Well, maybe a TINY little zit near my face and the occasional forehead zit but hey, I have medium length hair and it gets oily so thats understandable. But what Im most concerned about is my face because you cannot see my forehead with my hair in the way.

I think since my face dries when I get out of the shower and flakes a little bit that it is really hard for acne to appear. When you have a zit you want to dry it out right? Well if you don't put lotion on your face your face is naturally dry so no acne? Maybe a dry face is a bad thing but hey, no acne for me!

Long post but I hope I helped some people out there.

MemberMember
(@ohnelly)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:02 pm

You are using just water to wash your face? I did that and after a month my face exploded with whiteheads and red marks.

MemberMember
(@tom1l1)

Posted : 03/06/2013 8:49 pm

Works for me, i have a naturally dry face, maybe if someone has a naturally oily face they need to dry it out with cleansers.

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 03/07/2013 12:22 pm

I have naturally oily skin (usually). I noticed that my acne cleared up significantly when I left the oil on my skin as long as it wasn't really excessive - but still to the point where my skin is shiny. One would think that oily skin = oil will clog your pores. Actually, that is not the case when I spoke to my dermatologist and his view has some sense to it.

The idea is that the oil is your body's defense mechanism. It is a barrier on the skin and keeps it protected and in order. So wiping it away is in a way exposing your skin and pushing it outside of equilibrium, putting it in distress, and causing bacteria and acne to form.

After I stopped constantly washing my face, my skin cleared. This worked for me, since I have oily skin. Though I am not sure what the solution would be if you have naturally dry skin and your body does not produce that defensive barrier. Maybe throwing on moisturizer would not be all that good since it is artificial.

MemberMember
(@tom1l1)

Posted : 03/14/2013 12:16 am

1 week later and still got no acne, just thought I would bump

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/14/2013 10:50 am

Good for you

MemberMember
(@mic12)

Posted : 03/15/2013 3:29 pm

Do u wash ur face tho? And how often?

MemberMember
(@claire1205)

Posted : 03/15/2013 10:37 pm

I am on Accutane right now and before that i had EXTREMELY OILY skin. Like oily when I woke up, at school, anytime. But I have really dry skin now as accutane dries it out. I wash my face once a day, sometimes with a bit of Hamilton wash to just water.

MemberMember
(@tom1l1)

Posted : 03/18/2013 12:37 pm

Do u wash ur face tho? And how often?

I shower sometime in morning with warm water and rinse my face gently with hands, and splash a few seconds of cold water on my face at the end of my shower, both at morning and night.

Today I got a little zit on my face but still definitely doing great.