Notifications
Clear all

Just Had An Epiphany About The Cause Of My Acne, But Will I Do Anything About It.

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 03/06/2013 6:38 am

After talking to my GP recently about my recent flare up with pretty rough lower lip and chin acne, and being given a prescription for the antibiotic clindamycin gel, I reevaluated my acne treatment over the last eight years and had an epiphany.

Mind you, I told myself I would NEVER take an antibiotic again for acne (it worsened it in the past), and here I am......

As I started to apply the gel the other night and think about the years and years of hell I have been through something has occurred to me. First of all, since growing a mustache and never applying anything to that area in the last year, I have a 90% reduction in the amount of lesions on my upper lip. Second, I have never applied any sort of acne treatment to my forehead and to this day I have never had a forehead pimple. Third, I don't apply anything to my neck and although I get cysts, they are once a month or so and go away on their own, while my lip and chin acne is an every day thing now.

It seems the more things I slather on my lipline, chin, and nose, the worse it gets.

What am I doing to myself?!?!?!

I know that western diet and lifestyle fuels acne, virtually causes most cases of it. I KNOW THIS. However I feel like I am addicted to products and brainwashed by the countless derms and docs I go to. I really want to just stop using BP, antibiotics, cleansers, and the like, but its been engrained in me by countless doctors and dermatologists that this "diet" stuff and "holistic nonsense" is a bunch of bull and my fears are unfounded nonsense, and if I stop I will be sorry.

In my heart I strongly disagree.

As I prepare for bed, I am severely reconsidering even applying anything, just splashing my face with water. I AM SCARED.

You see....4 years ago, after 5 years of non stop antibiotic use and seeing my acne worsen, I stopped everything and switched only to BP cleanser. It cleared up by 50% overnight almost. It was only recently after trying the DKR regimen and experimenting with everything from hibiclens to sulfur to now antibiotics once again I am flaring up with bad acne. All signs point to STOP!!! But I can't bring myself to, somewhere in my head there is this anxiety that says "what if it gets worse, what if it gets so bad you will forever regret trying this 'no product' theory and you will be plagued with months of hell!!!"

I look back on my life. Started with mild acne-turned to proactiv. Proactiv made it worse, so I went on antibiotics, antibiotics made it cystic, so I stopped and used only a BP cleanser. I improved, but still persisted. In the last year I began experimenting with many different products-worsening of my existing acne.

I really just want to try to use water only and focus on diet and stress issues, but am DEATHLY afraid of things getting worse.

You guys in the holistic forum are about my only allies in this fight. Should I take the plunge and just stop all topicals? If so, how should I do it? Like a band-aid, right off? Please, I need some support and advice on this issue. For the last decade there has not been a night I have never put some topical cream, cleanser, moisturizer, etc. on my face....but my mind, my body, and my soul is begging for me to just TRY it. I just can't mentally bring myself to try it yet.

I would love and appreciate your support and advice, and maybe a kick in the ass to get me to actually do this.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/06/2013 9:08 am

that is a tough decision to make thats for sure. if it makes you feel any better, i have tried not using anything a few times in the last so many years and my acne only gets worse. the last time i did this was a few months ago when i got contact dermatitis from a cleanser i was using so i was only able to wash my face and i couldnt use anything else at all on it and let me tell you it only got worse and worse. it seemed like every blackhead i got just turned into a cyst and it was a total nightmare. i even tried only using water for a while and that just made things worse and i swear it felt like my skin was crawling. my face never felt so gross in my life it was such a oily mess.

i have a friend though that only washes her face with antibacterial soap every morning and night and she has such great skin but then again she doesnt any issues with acne. i tried it once and my face broke out so bad so its crazy how what works for one person doesnt work for another. i can tell you i honestly have tried pretty much every single thing out there in the last 16 years and antibiotics are the only thing that have worked for me for my acne and worked fast. i hate them but they have really saved my skin on numerous occasions. i am on spiro now and was going to start accutane on friday because my acne got so severe but i think i might hold off for now because its a lot better. good luck to you!!

MemberMember
(@ohnelly)

Posted : 03/06/2013 2:45 pm

I, unfortunately, had the same experience as Tracy521 after dropping topicals. There are many people on here who did not though. Since you are a guy, you may have an easier time with it since you don't have to worry about makeup. But after 30 days, my face is an absolute disgusting nightmare. I went from a few cystic pimples on my cheeks to a million red marks, whiteheads, blackheads, clogged pores everywhere, and tiny bumps covering every inch of my face. It did get rid of my cystic acne though. If I could tough it out for a year and have my skin retrain itself, maybe there would be hope. But oh my, I paid for this experiment ten fold.

I do believe that topicals really make things worse though. They irritate the problem you already have. I was acne free for years and years of just using dove sensitive soap and nothing else. Only when I tried to treat a small problem did things go rapidly awry. The caveman is worth a shot if you don't care how you look for awhile. You may be lucky and have it clear it in a month like some people. I did read some nightmares about seborheaic dermatitis so I would watch out for that. It didn't happen to me though.

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:58 am

You need to be very careful. I completely understand where you're coming from, but acne is a complicated condition. I know you'd love to just drop all your products and forget about everything, but you risk your acne getting out of control.

Bacterial infections are real so you need to make sure you don't let your "acne bacteria" get out of control. If you stop everything, just imagine all the microorganisms colonizing in every nook and cranny of your face, unchecked.

Instead of quitting everything cold turkey, why not try a simpler regimen? If BP worked for you before, use a BP cleanser followed by a simple moisturizer. You don't have to drown your acne in chemicals to treat it. Trust your skin to do some of the work too. In time it does heal by itself, given the right care.

I just have a phobia of bacteria because even though you can't see them they can completely ravage your skin if given the right conditions. You always want to have an antimicrobial component in your daily regimen if you suffer from acne. Acne is just like any other wound and you need to keep it "clean" in order for it to heal. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 03/07/2013 4:39 am

You need to be very careful. I completely understand where you're coming from, but acne is a complicated condition. I know you'd love to just drop all your products and forget about everything, but you risk your acne getting out of control.

Bacterial infections are real so you need to make sure you don't let your "acne bacteria" get out of control. If you stop everything, just imagine all the microorganisms colonizing in every nook and cranny of your face, unchecked.

Instead of quitting everything cold turkey, why not try a simpler regimen? If BP worked for you before, use a BP cleanser followed by a simple moisturizer. You don't have to drown your acne in chemicals to treat it. Trust your skin to do some of the work too. In time it does heal by itself, given the right care.

I just have a phobia of bacteria because even though you can't see them they can completely ravage your skin if given the right conditions. You always want to have an antimicrobial component in your daily regimen if you suffer from acne. Acne is just like any other wound and you need to keep it "clean" in order for it to heal. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

After i took antibiotics the first time around and stopped, just using BP got my severe cystic acne down to just plain old cystic acne for a couple of years. Sure, it was an improvement...I went from having golf ball sized cysts 5 at a time on my neck to maybe 1 or 2, but I still had bad acne on my face pretty frequently. At least it wasn't as bad as toward the antibiotics, but still, it went from like a 9.5 in severity down to a 7. No where near clear, not even close. As the years progressed and I stuck with the BP, my acne eventually became so bad on my nose and near my mouth that I resorted to trying the DK regimen, and that didnt work after 6 months, so I experimented with other treatments. That was about one year ago I began switching up products.

BP doesn't seem to do all that much for me by itself, so I am now going with the topical antibiotics for a while, combing it with bp. Hopefully i can wean myself off of them to the point where my skin just gets tricked into being clear...

Maybe your right, I NEED something. But at the same time, I know acne is very much diet and lifestyle related, and I just hear of so many stories of people on this website who had bad acne, just like me, and did the water only and within 6 months they were almost clear. However my diet and lifestyle are not always healthy so I am afraid even if I tried the water regimen now I may still have my acne problem or worse, a flare up

I hate taking antibiotics and I know once I am clear I have to stop using them due to the risks of building a resistance, and worse, negative gram folliculitis or colitis. So I am just plagued with anxiety about what to do after that. If I go back to BP only I feel like I am back at square 1. I don't know what it is with me, but its frustrating when you seem to try everything and nothing happens.

I, unfortunately, had the same experience as Tracy521 after dropping topicals. There are many people on here who did not though. Since you are a guy, you may have an easier time with it since you don't have to worry about makeup. But after 30 days, my face is an absolute disgusting nightmare. I went from a few cystic pimples on my cheeks to a million red marks, whiteheads, blackheads, clogged pores everywhere, and tiny bumps covering every inch of my face. It did get rid of my cystic acne though. If I could tough it out for a year and have my skin retrain itself, maybe there would be hope. But oh my, I paid for this experiment ten fold.

I do believe that topicals really make things worse though. They irritate the problem you already have. I was acne free for years and years of just using dove sensitive soap and nothing else. Only when I tried to treat a small problem did things go rapidly awry. The caveman is worth a shot if you don't care how you look for awhile. You may be lucky and have it clear it in a month like some people. I did read some nightmares about seborheaic dermatitis so I would watch out for that. It didn't happen to me though.

My acne gets pretty bad as it is, so I am assuming even if I did the caveman or whatever and it failed, I probably wouldn't be worse than where i'm at right now. However, something you said intrigued me....you said topicals irritate the problem I already have. Is there anything you can suggest me doing that does not involve accutane or an oral antibiotic, while still attacking my acne with treatment of some kind?

MemberMember
(@praveen64)

Posted : 03/07/2013 9:14 am

Thanks for the reply.

After i took antibiotics the first time around and stopped, just using BP got my severe cystic acne down to just plain old cystic acne for a couple of years. Sure, it was an improvement...I went from having golf ball sized cysts 5 at a time on my neck to maybe 1 or 2, but I still had bad acne on my face pretty frequently. At least it wasn't as bad as toward the antibiotics, but still, it went from like a 9.5 in severity down to a 7. No where near clear, not even close. As the years progressed and I stuck with the BP, my acne eventually became so bad on my nose and near my mouth that I resorted to trying the DK regimen, and that didnt work after 6 months, so I experimented with other treatments. That was about one year ago I began switching up products.

BP doesn't seem to do all that much for me by itself, so I am now going with the topical antibiotics for a while, combing it with bp. Hopefully i can wean myself off of them to the point where my skin just gets tricked into being clear...

Maybe your right, I NEED something. But at the same time, I know acne is very much diet and lifestyle related, and I just hear of so many stories of people on this website who had bad acne, just like me, and did the water only and within 6 months they were almost clear. However my diet and lifestyle are not always healthy so I am afraid even if I tried the water regimen now I may still have my acne problem or worse, a flare up

I hate taking antibiotics and I know once I am clear I have to stop using them due to the risks of building a resistance, and worse, negative gram folliculitis or colitis. So I am just plagued with anxiety about what to do after that. If I go back to BP only I feel like I am back at square 1. I don't know what it is with me, but its frustrating when you seem to try everything and nothing happens.

>I, unfortunately, had the same experience as Tracy521 after dropping topicals. There are many people on here who did not though. Since you are a guy, you may have an easier time with it since you don't have to worry about makeup. But after 30 days, my face is an absolute disgusting nightmare. I went from a few cystic pimples on my cheeks to a million red marks, whiteheads, blackheads, clogged pores everywhere, and tiny bumps covering every inch of my face. It did get rid of my cystic acne though. If I could tough it out for a year and have my skin retrain itself, maybe there would be hope. But oh my, I paid for this experiment ten fold.

My acne gets pretty bad as it is, so I am assuming even if I did the caveman or whatever and it failed, I probably wouldn't be worse than where i'm at right now. However, something you said intrigued me....you said topicals irritate the problem I already have. Is there anything you can suggest me doing that does not involve accutane or an oral antibiotic, while still attacking my acne with treatment of some kind?

"Trust your skin to do some of the work too. In time it does heal by itself, given the right care." And yeah, you are right :) Once I had acne too. I wish everyone knows and learns that the body has an amzing ability to heal itself :) I will make a post now, I very much motivated now to tell the truth. cool

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 03/07/2013 4:57 pm

lostinthefog87, what's your current regimen like and how's your skin?

I agree with others that using too many topicals ruins the skin's natural ability to heal itself, but I also believe in the known science of acne. Mainly that excess bacteria is one of the main issues of acne. That's why I cringe when I think of acne spots being unwashed, untreated, etc. Bacteria fester and spread around, and unless you have a top notch immune system, it could get worse if you just leave it alone. It would be nice to think of our bodily systems as perfect and able to handle acne all by themselves, but bacterial disease is real and sometimes takes over the body completely - death from pneumonia, etc.

Also, are you moisturizing your skin? Just as bacteria is a component of acne, irritation is too. Slathering on too many topicals could dry you out and ruin your skin's natural balance. So even though you wipe out the bacteria, your skin is left in an irritated, dry condition. This could lead to even more acne since your skin's natural function is compromised.

It's all a balance. You want to keep your facial skin clean and disinfected while at the same time keeping it supple and able to properly function.

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 03/07/2013 5:29 pm

I agree with others that using too many topicals ruins the skin's natural ability to heal itself, but I also believe in the known science of acne. Mainly that excess bacteria is one of the main issues of acne. That's why I cringe when I think of acne spots being unwashed, untreated, etc. Bacteria fester and spread around, and unless you have a top notch immune system, it could get worse if you just leave it alone. It would be nice to think of our bodily systems as perfect and able to handle acne all by themselves, but bacterial disease is real and sometimes takes over the body completely - death from pneumonia, etc.

Also, are you moisturizing your skin? Just as bacteria is a component of acne, irritation is too. Slathering on too many topicals could dry you out and ruin your skin's natural balance. So even though you wipe out the bacteria, your skin is left in an irritated, dry condition. This could lead to even more acne since your skin's natural function is compromised.

It's all a balance. You want to keep your facial skin clean and disinfected while at the same time keeping it supple and able to properly function.

I use cerave cleanser twice a day

Then I apply 2.5% BP mixed with 1% clindamycin

I also use petroleum jelly on my lips

The skin around my mouth/chin can get dry and flaky from the BP, hence why I even wonder if i should use it or just try straight clindamycin, although i've heard it can be pretty weak by itself. However, the skin on my nose is often very oily and red.

I rarely use moisturizer, i've read too so many different sides of the issue. Some people say use it, some say never ever. Its one of those thing's im afraid to try on a consistant basis, but I know I probably should. Having dry flaky skin around the areas i'm most acne prone sounds like a recipe for disaster.

i tried just using a BP cleanser and that didn't work. Tried using just a sulfur treatment, that didnt work. I agree that less is more.

Does this regimen sound like too much to you?

MemberMember
(@amber-kathleen)

Posted : 03/07/2013 6:38 pm

You could do what I did. I thought everything I was doing to my face was only making it worse, so I took a break.

I bought a gentle, non-medicated facial cleanser (I went with one of the all-natural sort), and washed my face with it twice a day.

Since you're not doing anything to fight acne, you may go into massive break out. Let it go a week or two or even three and find out what your skin is REALLY like.

This may seem stupid, and it's best to do this when you can handle looking like a mess (no big events coming up), but I did it and I'm glad. Because now I know when a product is actually working, since I know what my face looks like without using it.

Just a thought.

xx

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 03/07/2013 6:42 pm

You could do what I did. I thought everything I was doing to my face was only making it worse, so I took a break.

I bought a gentle, non-medicated facial cleanser (I went with one of the all-natural sort), and washed my face with it twice a day.

Since you're not doing anything to fight acne, you may go into massive break out. Let it go a week or two or even three and find out what your skin is REALLY like.

This may seem stupid, and it's best to do this when you can handle looking like a mess (no big events coming up), but I did it and I'm glad. Because now I know when a product is actually working, since I know what my face looks like without using it.

Just a thought.

xx

I get your point, it seems logical. The next step is just to take the plunge and do it! However the topical antibiotics that i'm on seem to be working, so what I may do is try to eliminate things one by one, first the antibiotics, than the benzyl peroxide, etc until I am using nothing but a gentle cleanser.

MemberMember
(@praveen64)

Posted : 03/08/2013 8:58 am

That is the problem with most people. People make it too complicated. First of all acne is nothing like pneumonia, you are over reacting and I was there once. I personally thought acne was incurable, I thought having cancer was better than having acne:(. Now it just sounds stupid to me. I would recommend you one thing though, you won't find how to cure acne on this rubbish internet, it is all chewed up garbage and repetition :(. So do yourself a favor, go for a treatment that is natural, natural in the sense from with in yourself. There is not a million cause for acne to occur and they don't mutate :). Only 5 reasons, and all the solution is right in your hand. For example: Fast for a day or 2 and if your acne clears then food might be problem. If does not clear up, it could be your sleeping patterns, lack of excercise or allergies of some kind that aggravates your androgens or progresterone. Sleep somewhere else than our usual place. Try to look into your mind and emotions as welI. If you are on a fight or flight mode, calm yourself down a lot. I cured my acne by breathing calming excercises, my life style had to change for sometime. I have found my own ways and helped quite a lot of people as well, to cure not just acne, but they overall life style changed for the better. Excercise like Tao, there is a special excercise I do everyday and learned to breath through my skin. My sex life had sky rocketed and it took like 2 months to see the result but my energy level had gone through the roof and it made my immune system stronger. I also used only natural products, and know which ones definitely worked through trial and error. Over the counter just made my body suffer more and I know that for a fact. On the other hand Natural products did lots of positive things and curing acne was just a bonus. May be everyone have their own style of curing acne like acne.org (I personally like acne.org "cleanser") , accutane. But one thing for sure though Acne is simple to cure and it is nothing like pneumonia. My kind request is don't spread fear :), it is only you have n't looked in proper places for solution. Love you guys :)

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 03/08/2013 1:39 pm

I didn't mean that acne is literally like pneumonia, I meant to point out that they're both bacterial infections of the body. Acne just happens to be a bacterial infection of the skin. The root cause may be something else, but bacteria is always present in acne lesions.

I shave daily and I remember when I was younger I didn't know that I should be disinfecting my face after each shave. Each time I knicked or cut open my skin, I was letting bacteria inside the surface. I didn't know this was the cause of bumps I was getting along my jaw until I started using an antiseptic aftershave and the bumps cleared right up.

I agree with treating acne as gently and naturally as possible, from different angles, but disinfecting skin can always help in the healing process.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 03/08/2013 1:41 pm

After talking to my GP recently about my recent flare up with pretty rough lower lip and chin acne, and being given a prescription for the antibiotic clindamycin gel, I reevaluated my acne treatment over the last eight years and had an epiphany.

Mind you, I told myself I would NEVER take an antibiotic again for acne (it worsened it in the past), and here I am......

As I started to apply the gel the other night and think about the years and years of hell I have been through something has occurred to me. First of all, since growing a mustache and never applying anything to that area in the last year, I have a 90% reduction in the amount of lesions on my upper lip. Second, I have never applied any sort of acne treatment to my forehead and to this day I have never had a forehead pimple. Third, I don't apply anything to my neck and although I get cysts, they are once a month or so and go away on their own, while my lip and chin acne is an every day thing now.

It seems the more things I slather on my lipline, chin, and nose, the worse it gets.

What am I doing to myself?!?!?!

I know that western diet and lifestyle fuels acne, virtually causes most cases of it. I KNOW THIS. However I feel like I am addicted to products and brainwashed by the countless derms and docs I go to. I really want to just stop using BP, antibiotics, cleansers, and the like, but its been engrained in me by countless doctors and dermatologists that this "diet" stuff and "holistic nonsense" is a bunch of bull and my fears are unfounded nonsense, and if I stop I will be sorry.

In my heart I strongly disagree.

As I prepare for bed, I am severely reconsidering even applying anything, just splashing my face with water. I AM SCARED.

You see....4 years ago, after 5 years of non stop antibiotic use and seeing my acne worsen, I stopped everything and switched only to BP cleanser. It cleared up by 50% overnight almost. It was only recently after trying the DKR regimen and experimenting with everything from hibiclens to sulfur to now antibiotics once again I am flaring up with bad acne. All signs point to STOP!!! But I can't bring myself to, somewhere in my head there is this anxiety that says "what if it gets worse, what if it gets so bad you will forever regret trying this 'no product' theory and you will be plagued with months of hell!!!"

I look back on my life. Started with mild acne-turned to proactiv. Proactiv made it worse, so I went on antibiotics, antibiotics made it cystic, so I stopped and used only a BP cleanser. I improved, but still persisted. In the last year I began experimenting with many different products-worsening of my existing acne.

I really just want to try to use water only and focus on diet and stress issues, but am DEATHLY afraid of things getting worse.

You guys in the holistic forum are about my only allies in this fight. Should I take the plunge and just stop all topicals? If so, how should I do it? Like a band-aid, right off? Please, I need some support and advice on this issue. For the last decade there has not been a night I have never put some topical cream, cleanser, moisturizer, etc. on my face....but my mind, my body, and my soul is begging for me to just TRY it. I just can't mentally bring myself to try it yet.

I would love and appreciate your support and advice, and maybe a kick in the ass to get me to actually do this.

I don't think you should stop all topicals but I know where you're coming from, and I think some people's skins are just so sensitive that any irritation can cause acne. My skin was always turning red, flaking from using stuff the dermatologist prescribed and new acne kept forming. For awhile now I've just been using basis bar cleanser twice a day, and just applying paula's choice BHA 2%, I feel no irritation and have no redness and no new breakouts since doing this. I can't use any other BHA or it makes my skin burn. Once skin is clear I think it's fine to just use a gentle cleanser, no acne products unless you see pores becoming clogged, but in the meantime I'd use very low percents of products so as not to cause any irritation to the skin. Stress is a big part of acne I believe and diet can be as well. Start doing things you enjoy whether it be exercising, going for walks, playing video games, whatever helps you destress, do it. Giving up food is not easy for everyone but just try cutting back slowly on certain foods and see if you notice an improvement over a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 03/09/2013 3:06 am

Thanks for all your support and advice guys. Here's some crazy news.

Woke up today with my cheek the size of a softball. I am not kidding. I have a half dollar sized cyst on my cheek above my mustache and I literally woke up and thought I had an allergic reaction to food. My face had become so swollen I really thought i'd have to go to the ER. Over the day I was icing it and finally when the swelling went down I saw the slightly red lump and felt around. Let's just say it felt like a freaking continent under my skin. The cysts I get on my face these days are usually dime/quarter sized at most and they never make a whole region of my face swell and droop like I had just gotten an allergic bee sting. This ones a big boy. Kinda scary....

So now I may have to put this whole "gutting my medicine cabinet" thing on hold. In fact, I think my plan is to stick with cerave cleanser and use clindamycin/bp lightly on affected areas for a few months until I get somewhat clear, then I can wean myself off and try to find something more natural and maybe hopefully when I get my diet and lifestyle on course I can try the water only method, or cleanser only method. Something simple. Of course, I may be just one of those people that who does everything with diet, exercise, etc. and still has to use something, but maybe it won't be as bad. Damnit. I'm such a holistic person but right now I have to kind of compromise so I can at least get clear enough to go to the supermarket on a regular basis, work, etc so I can go out the house and start living a healthy lifestyle. When you are self employed in real estate and you have 3 or 4 cysts on your neck and face, a good half dozen nodules around your mouth and chin, plus a rosacea like red nose with black and whiteheads, etc you start taking days off and spending most of your time in doors ordering delivery. Weeks pass with no exercise, and add stress to that. Not a good thing.

One positive is that most of my face is now a lot clearer because of the antibiotics....except for this cyst I am going to name Antarctica.

I was thinking about putting some hydrocortisone cream on it, your thoughts?. I never had an injection and I stay away from hospitals as thats where I often catch colds/flus/etc. So if I am going to the hospital it is because i'm in some serious pain or discomfort. I know most people would run to the ER with a cyst like this, or at least make an appointment, but I am just not like that. I think I have a healthy sense of Dr. phobia, as my wisdom and experiences have shown me most of the type, I get better from ailments doing things on my own rather then taking whatever a Doctor will give me to treat "symptoms" but not the problem itself.

So, I think it is clear now may not be the best time for my to start drastically changing my products. If anything less is more and I will lightly cleanse, lightly moisturize, etc and use a minimal amount of bp and antibiotic for now. I'm a bit pissed and even curious as to whether or not my recent introduction of antibiotics to my face has actually done anything to cause this cyst. Like I said before, antibiotics made my acne much worse. I may need to get a culture to rule out negative gram folliculitis. I'm ranting now, sorry.

MemberMember
(@praveen64)

Posted : 03/10/2013 7:25 am

Thanks for all your support and advice guys. Here's some crazy news.

Woke up today with my cheek the size of a softball. I am not kidding. I have a half dollar sized cyst on my cheek above my mustache and I literally woke up and thought I had an allergic reaction to food. My face had become so swollen I really thought i'd have to go to the ER. Over the day I was icing it and finally when the swelling went down I saw the slightly red lump and felt around. Let's just say it felt like a freaking continent under my skin. The cysts I get on my face these days are usually dime/quarter sized at most and they never make a whole region of my face swell and droop like I had just gotten an allergic bee sting. This ones a big boy. Kinda scary....

So now I may have to put this whole "gutting my medicine cabinet" thing on hold. In fact, I think my plan is to stick with cerave cleanser and use clindamycin/bp lightly on affected areas for a few months until I get somewhat clear, then I can wean myself off and try to find something more natural and maybe hopefully when I get my diet and lifestyle on course I can try the water only method, or cleanser only method. Something simple. Of course, I may be just one of those people that who does everything with diet, exercise, etc. and still has to use something, but maybe it won't be as bad. Damnit. I'm such a holistic person but right now I have to kind of compromise so I can at least get clear enough to go to the supermarket on a regular basis, work, etc so I can go out the house and start living a healthy lifestyle. When you are self employed in real estate and you have 3 or 4 cysts on your neck and face, a good half dozen nodules around your mouth and chin, plus a rosacea like red nose with black and whiteheads, etc you start taking days off and spending most of your time in doors ordering delivery. Weeks pass with no exercise, and add stress to that. Not a good thing.

One positive is that most of my face is now a lot clearer because of the antibiotics....except for this cyst I am going to name Antarctica.

I was thinking about putting some hydrocortisone cream on it, your thoughts?. I never had an injection and I stay away from hospitals as thats where I often catch colds/flus/etc. So if I am going to the hospital it is because i'm in some serious pain or discomfort. I know most people would run to the ER with a cyst like this, or at least make an appointment, but I am just not like that. I think I have a healthy sense of Dr. phobia, as my wisdom and experiences have shown me most of the type, I get better from ailments doing things on my own rather then taking whatever a Doctor will give me to treat "symptoms" but not the problem itself.

So, I think it is clear now may not be the best time for my to start drastically changing my products. If anything less is more and I will lightly cleanse, lightly moisturize, etc and use a minimal amount of bp and antibiotic for now. I'm a bit pissed and even curious as to whether or not my recent introduction of antibiotics to my face has actually done anything to cause this cyst. Like I said before, antibiotics made my acne much worse. I may need to get a culture to rule out negative gram folliculitis. I'm ranting now, sorry.

I know what people with acne feel like. Whatever you said is not ranting at all :) I have researched the differences in characteristics, temperatment, habits and many others factors between a person who is over 18 with acne and with out acne. This is a personal research.

No one tells you these researches on the internet. MOst of the stuff out there to cure acne is garbage! I was actually wondering why the mediacal scientists do not reasearch on this! I will tell you a secret, the scientists won't get a funding because there are funded by medical companies who needs to sell their products. Most filthy rich and smart people are more into natural medicine than medical. Not because there are stupid, but there know what is actually going on in this filthy money minded industry! One example is Steve Jobs.

1 st main reason: for having a sleep: about 90 percent of them do not have deep sleep. Many never had proper sleep since there were childrens!

2 nd main reason: is energy imbalance, you can find them by how you feel etc

3 rd reason: there are extremely allergic to something very small.

Another intresting things nearly 90 percent of them either have bad digestive problems due to not eating much since childhood. Or eating too much.

This all leads to weak immune system! I have cured many people, and what most people don't realise is that they are so close to being acne free. But the funny thing is all of my clients are very rich. They could easily afford Accutane or laser surgery etc but they choose long term natural results and not quick fix! I myself provide laser treatments and it is very expensive but the rich guys are prepared to pay more for natural treatment that surely works!

Now I am able to afford to run an expensive website with all the extra money :)