Notifications
Clear all

I May Have Figured Out My Root Cause Of Acne

MemberMember
(@annenicolegurnsey)

Posted : 03/06/2013 12:55 am

I remember I started vitamins from walmart, main ingrediant soy. My worse acne in history, infact I still have red marks that slowly wont fade. I was taking 10 multiple vitamins.

I think soy was my problem.

I switched to vegan this week, today, I do that sometimes. I ate a salad with expensive dairy free, gluten free, yada yada free. As i've been eating these salads today i've been feeling the acnes popping up through-out the day. The main ingrediant in the salad dressing, you gussed it soybean oil.

I looked up on walmart.com each food that I have known to break me out in the past, and each one all had soy in the ingrediant listing.

Also ate those vegan burgers from morning star in the past and had horrible outbreaks, found out today they are filled with soy in the ingrediants.

I hope this helped someone. Now i've got the difficult task of finding groceries without soy tomorrow.

Bad stuff, I thought was good. I always was wondering why simply salads were breaking me out. Main ingrediant in this stuff is soy oil.

post-203893-0-04211400-1362549296.jpg

post-203893-0-04211400-1362549296.jpg

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/06/2013 1:56 am

which vitamins were you taking that contained soy? Do the vitamins specifically say they have soy in it?

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 03/06/2013 1:34 pm

My guess is that you'll break out regardless of whether you have soy or not. I have been down this road so many times, where I was convinced that I'd found the secret ingredient or source to my acne. But in the end, the fact was, I had acne and nothing I eat or put on my face was going to change that.

MemberMember
(@annenicolegurnsey)

Posted : 03/06/2013 2:57 pm

This is the brand I used to talk months ago. The main ingrediant is soy. Says so on the back.

post-203893-0-34076200-1362599846_thumb.

post-203893-0-34076200-1362599846_thumb.

MemberMember
(@sueyd39)

Posted : 04/13/2013 8:41 am

For me, dairy, Soy and salt (chips, nacho's ect) I'm 50 and still break out.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 04/13/2013 11:44 am

For me, dairy, Soy and salt (chips, nacho's ect) I'm 50 and still break out.

I am also in my fifties but luckily found out my poison when I was 25,I used to get a big cystic type spot every other week until I found out pot noodles,ramen,gravy/coffee granules,instant soup etc was the cause,so I have been relatively spot free for 30 years,I blame it on one or more of the following ingredients,

Maltodextrin

Flavourings like celery, soya, wheat

Flavour enhancers

Emulsifier

My guess is that you'll break out regardless of whether you have soy or not. I have been down this road so many times, where I was convinced that I'd found the secret ingredient or source to my acne. But in the end, the fact was, I had acne and nothing I eat or put on my face was going to change that.

you're wrong,at least in my case,

I am in my fifties but luckily found out my poison when I was 25,I used to get a big cystic type spot every other week until I found out pot noodles,,gravy/coffee granules,instant soup etc was the cause,so I have been relatively spot free for 30 years,I blame it on one or more of the following ingredients,

Maltodextrin

Flavourings like celery, soya, wheat

Flavour enhancers

Emulsifier

MemberMember
(@sueyd39)

Posted : 04/13/2013 6:08 pm

I had cystic also it was horrible, did accutane but would still break out occasionally, now I avoid my problem foods and I am good!

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 04/16/2013 11:37 am

I had cystic also it was horrible, did accutane but would still break out occasionally, now I avoid my problem foods and I am good!

sounds as though you have an allergy/intolerance just like me,glad to hear you have found the problem food,have you identified any particular thing that causes an outbreak?.

MemberMember
(@sueyd39)

Posted : 04/16/2013 12:30 pm

Occasionally stress or that once a month occurrence in a woman's life, but they are always the type of pimple that come and go! The ones that hang on and hurt are the soy, dairy, nut ones!!! My dermatologist agrees that food can cause issues even tho the data says otherwise. He said many of his patients have helped themselves when they find their triggers!

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/17/2013 12:42 am

I was sensitive to soy, yes, seems like a common sensitivity

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 04/21/2013 12:19 am

Soy is very high in phytoestrogens. I learned this when I started taking flax seed supplements = worst acne I've ever had in my life. flax seeds are super high in phytoestrogens.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/21/2013 7:56 pm

Occasionally stress or that once a month occurrence in a woman's life, but they are always the type of pimple that come and go! The ones that hang on and hurt are the soy, dairy, nut ones!!! My dermatologist agrees that food can cause issues even tho the data says otherwise. He said many of his patients have helped themselves when they find their triggers!

Better than average derm you have there, a rare find. But if by triggers he/she means food sensitivities, he/she is leaving out the many other ways diet habits affect acne.