Notifications
Clear all

What Foods Cause Acne And Darker Skin? What Foods Help Skin Stay Claer And Bright?

MemberMember
(@marylin12)

Posted : 03/05/2013 11:51 pm

I want clear and brighter skin, what foods should i eat?

I dont want acne, blemishes, or my skin to go drak/dull, what food should i not eat?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/06/2013 2:37 am

I try to stay away from the usual suspects of acne causing foods. Now I have no idea if there really is any connection to food causing acne but I do avoid some foods. I try to stay away from dairy, sugar, anything with a lot of grease and alcohol.

MemberMember
(@laylariciouse)

Posted : 03/23/2013 2:46 am

Well as far as my skin is concerned...eggs...milk..seafoods..sugar.. Turns my skin to an acne arena!! God!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/23/2013 5:10 am

Food intolerances are on a case by case basis but a good and simple place to start it to cut out dairy, fried food and to up your intake of green veggies. If you're adventurous, you could try cutting down on simple carbs for a while (bread, cereal, etc) and stick to more complex ones such as root vegetables, brown rice, quinoa, etc

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/23/2013 12:31 pm

http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/24/2013 2:44 pm

High glycemic, nutritionally void meals and drinks plus whatever you have an intolerance for.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/24/2013 6:59 pm

For bright skin (not necessarily helpful for acne) a couple things have always helped me. One is cod liver oil. It just makes me look good (though again it does little for my acne). Oil pulling with coconut oil has also made me look good, but results take longer to see. Whiter teeth after about a week of oil pulling first thing in the morning, and softer skin.