Notifications
Clear all

Do You Have To Use A Different Moisturizer At Night Than During The Day?

MemberMember
(@shelby-rockella-mansour)

Posted : 03/05/2013 6:35 pm

I just got the Neutrogena Rapid Tone repair day and night moisturizers. The only difference I've really noticed is a slightly different texture, and a lack of SPF in the night version. So, why are there two different ones. I know many people use different ones at night than during the day. Is this necessary? Is it due to the SPF, more potent ingredients, the difference in texture, or what? I was previously using the Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer, and I used it both day and night and didn't really see any negative effects. Help! :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/05/2013 7:56 pm

I use a different moisturizer during the day. I use a gel based moisturizer then add another with SPF in it. I feel that mixing the gel based moisturizer doesn't make my face feel as heavy.

I night I use the Cetaphil moisturizer which takes a while for my skin to absorb and make it look shiny, but it doesn't really matter to me since I'm going to sleep.

MemberMember

Posted : 03/05/2013 8:14 pm

@sneaker fanatic, interesting! That makes sense. :) I still remember the days when I was killing my skin by not using any moisturizers, YIKES. Lol.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:34 am

@sneaker fanatic, interesting! That makes sense. smile.png I still remember the days when I was killing my skin by not using any moisturizers, YIKES. Lol.

So true! I just started using moisturizer last year actually. I never thought I needed it because I has such oily skin. Now I use moisturizer and jojoba oil. My skin has never looked better 🙂

MemberMember

Posted : 03/08/2013 12:34 am

That's why I didn't use it either! But my skin is much happier with me since I've began using it. Especially now that I use good quality products instead of whatever is cheapest. As broke as college and life have made me, some things are worth the extra $$$.