Notifications
Clear all

What Are These Little Bumps Under My Lip....

MemberMember
(@narkelva)

Posted : 03/05/2013 4:13 pm

Hello Acne.org,

For a long time now I've been struggling with acne, as most of us here are. It started once puberty kicked in, and now here I am, 17, about to be 18 in March 25th. Most of my pustules and whathaveyou don't appear anymore and my main problem now is blackheads, and the occasional pustules that I become oh so tempted to squeeze, which then of course turn into blemishes that seem to last forever. Forever being around 2 to 3 weeks. But its annoying. I want to put a stop to it.

But I specifically want to put a stop to a very specific type of acne that I just can't put my hand on, metaphorically and quite literally as well. What I mean is A) They're really hard to squeeze and when I do manage to squeeze them these little pus strings/sebum strings come out, and B) I haven't been able to figure out what causes it or how to get rid of it. They're ESPECIALLY noticable when I put my tongue against them from behind my lips. It just really irritates me because this is the only thing I haven't been able to get rid of yet besides blemishes, and sometimes dry skin. But anyways, let me stop blabbering and put up a picture.

Acne.org, will you please help me?

post-113825-0-50224600-1362518025_thumb.

post-113825-0-50224600-1362518025_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cal07)

Posted : 03/05/2013 5:22 pm

I get them whenever i use something thats blocking my pores. For example Lemon Juice or Tea Tree oil caused them for me, i dont know which one. One of them did though. There easy to get rid of if you either A. Stop using the product or B. I use saltwater which gets rid of them. I think the name of the bumps are called milla !

MemberMember
(@narkelva)

Posted : 03/05/2013 5:28 pm

I'm using Neutrogena's Combination Skin Oil-Free Skin Moisturizer, and Zania Gel. Along with St.Ive's Apricrot Blackhead Scrub as a facewash. I just want these gone so badly. :(

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/06/2013 10:31 pm

Hello Acne.org,

For a long time now I've been struggling with acne, as most of us here are. It started once puberty kicked in, and now here I am, 17, about to be 18 in March 25th. Most of my pustules and whathaveyou don't appear anymore and my main problem now is blackheads, and the occasional pustules that I become oh so tempted to squeeze, which then of course turn into blemishes that seem to last forever. Forever being around 2 to 3 weeks. But its annoying. I want to put a stop to it.

But I specifically want to put a stop to a very specific type of acne that I just can't put my hand on, metaphorically and quite literally as well. What I mean is A) They're really hard to squeeze and when I do manage to squeeze them these little pus strings/sebum strings come out, and B) I haven't been able to figure out what causes it or how to get rid of it. They're ESPECIALLY noticable when I put my tongue against them from behind my lips. It just really irritates me because this is the only thing I haven't been able to get rid of yet besides blemishes, and sometimes dry skin. But anyways, let me stop blabbering and put up a picture.

Acne.org, will you please help me?

These are closed comedones. They can sometimes be caused by toothpaste. You can have and aesthetician or dermatologist extract them for you.

Salicylic acid and mandelic acid work well for closed comedones.