Notifications
Clear all

Winter Weather

MemberMember
(@scoobasteve)

Posted : 03/05/2013 11:14 am

hello, ive been on the regimen for a little over 2 months and the dryness and flakiness is starting to get to me.. i was wondering if the cold winter weather we're having in new york is contributing to this and if i should look forward to the warmer weather.. im really hoping when it starts getting warmer the dryness and flakiness will subside.. any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 03/05/2013 12:10 pm

I don't use Dan's regimen, but I do experience dry skin/flakiness in the winter (even though I have oily skin as a rule). Bring Spring!

MemberMember
(@jlandin1986)

Posted : 03/05/2013 1:50 pm

Extra dryness is common with the winter months. I live in Minnesota now, previously Illinois, and I experienced severe dryness on my face, something that I've never experienced down in central Illinois. Use more moisturizer if needed. I found that Cetaphil's Restoraderm Skin Restoring Moisturizer really helped combat the dryness on certain areas of my face. It didn't make me break out either. :) All of the ingredients are very low on the comedogenic scale. I have yet to use it on my whole face, but for certain spots that are consistently dry throughout the day, it did the job.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 03/15/2013 12:28 am

I've never been able to cure the flakyness in all the years I've been on the regimen. I'm covered in flakes when I wake up, around my mouth when I eat, when I'm in the shower. I've tried the most powerful moistuizers, jojoba oil, humidifiers, everything. I don't get why many people dont have this problem.