Notifications
Clear all

Your Best Tips For Covering Crusty Pimples

MemberMember
(@notmeatall)

Posted : 03/05/2013 8:42 am

You know, they're kinda scabby, kinda healing, dry skin, but if you rub off the dry skin, it will weep/ooze/recrust. If you leave the crust on, it is too rough for makeup to go over it. What do you ladies do for these?

(I am not a picker - most times, they break open on their own.)

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 03/06/2013 11:45 am

I moisturize really well, take a kabuki brush with pressed powder and press it all over. The moisture helps it adhere and it will settle in and look for natural throughout he day. Then I take a smaller brush and using the same powder press over individual spots for extra coverage.hope this help!

MemberMember
(@notmeatall)

Posted : 03/10/2013 9:08 am

I moisturize really well, take a kabuki brush with pressed powder and press it all over. The moisture helps it adhere and it will settle in and look for natural throughout he day. Then I take a smaller brush and using the same powder press over individual spots for extra coverage.hope this help!

That's a good idea. That's what I ended up doing. It seems like trying to apply concealer is the problem and makes it more obvious, but powder doesn't have the same problem. I also got a sample of some moisturizer and put it in my purse so that whenever it starts to look flaky again, I can repeat the process.

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 03/10/2013 10:56 am

Yeah it works for me especially with mineral make up. I use Pur minerals and its looks really natural and covers

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/11/2013 2:57 am

You know, they're kinda scabby, kinda healing, dry skin, but if you rub off the dry skin, it will weep/ooze/recrust. If you leave the crust on, it is too rough for makeup to go over it. What do you ladies do for these?

(I am not a picker - most times, they break open on their own.)

My acne was like this too at one point. When I tried to cover it up with makeup you could see the nasty "colored" crusts poking through the foundation.

The best thing you can do is exfoliate (Once a week) in a buffing motion with a pad to remove the scabs, then apply moisturizer to soften up the skin (make your surface as smooth as possible) and in terms of putting on makeup I recommend using the beauty blender sponge. It applies makeup beautifully and you can specifically motion the sponge to cover over a raised pimple or scab by going around it with the point of the sponge to properly conceal it from every angle.

MemberMember
(@roes797)

Posted : 03/16/2013 12:36 am

Honestly, I just peel it off! :P then apply a tiny amount of jojoba oil or I exfoliate like crazy in that area either with a clarisonic, and facial cleansing brush (from sephora) or st.ives apricot scrub. But most of the time, I peel it.

MemberMember
(@ben-lee)

Posted : 03/22/2013 6:21 pm

I'm not a woman...

But I used to just peel them off, and keep pressing out all the crap out... and then wash it with water. Then put something such as clove oil or sulfur dot on the pimple to stop it from oozing.