Notifications
Clear all

Is Washing Three Times A Day Too Much?

MemberMember
(@shelby-rockella-mansour)

Posted : 03/04/2013 12:29 pm

I just began using CeraVe, and I find it very gentle with my skin. I have oily skin, with what I believe to be moderate acne (will post pictures later when I don't have my spot treatment on), and live in a humid climate. Sometimes, I wash my face three times a day. I really try not to because I don't want to strip beneficial oils, but is it okay on occasion?

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 03/04/2013 12:57 pm

There is no need to wash face skin 3 times at most 2

Better if only once just before you go to sleep your skin is not getting dirty while sleeping should only splash tepid water in the morning no facial cleanser.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/04/2013 1:15 pm

i wash my face 3 times a day when i workout because after i sweat a lot i just have to wash it to feel clean. i dont fthink that it makes my skin any dryer i just try to time it so that there is a decent amount of time between washings.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/04/2013 4:33 pm

Yes three times a day is fine. When people caution about overwashing, it usually means upwards of 5 or 6 times a day. Just be gentle when washing; don't scrub your face or dry it too roughly.

I wash around three times a day, more on a gym day, and blot numerous times in between, and I believe my oily skin is tapering off for the first time since I was 15.

Stunning avatar by the way :)

MemberMember
(@shelby-rockella-mansour)

Posted : 03/05/2013 5:50 pm

@cbiot13 and @tracy521 yeah, I tend to wash mine three times due to working out, or if I take a nap before work or whatever. Most days I try to just stick with two times though. I finally found a gentle wash that doesn't suck. Also, thanks, lol, I just took that pic on vacay a couple weeks ago. :P

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/11/2013 11:06 am

For oily skin I would say 3 times is too much. I had terribly oily skin and I washed 3 times a day along with using around 10-15 face wipes a day which really messed up my skin. The minute I wiped it, I felt the oil reproducing twice as much and it itched like crazy. I now have my oil production under control by washing only twice a day and being as gentle as possible - I also use cold water which helps profoundly; hot water causes the skin to become irritated and react by producing more oil.

I'm currently doing a 'water only' regimen that I understand isn't ideal for some, but it's really helping my oily skin. By not removing ALL of the natural oils my skin produces, it doesn't feel the need to produce more.

Good luck! smile.png