Notifications
Clear all

New And Scared Starting Accutane Tomorrow

MemberMember
(@carebear)

Posted : 03/04/2013 12:10 pm

hello everyone.I'm not sure where to start without making this a book and I can't think today because my nerves are shot! But, my name is Liz I'm a SAHM who lives in Mo and I'm sick of the struggle... I won't leave house without make up, I put in my makeup and still don't want to leave the house because I can't cover the acne good enough to please me. I'm not active outside with my kids and so I'm missing out on the enjoyment with them all because in the sun I feel everything is visible to even the blinded eye.. I want my life back. I want s little confidence . I want to be able to look someone dead in the face for a conversation without feeling all they see is my acne. I walk looking down I go to my derm tomorrow and will be given my script for accutane and now that I'm at this point I'm more scared then excited... the side effects r scary to me... accutane was used in cancer patients how can that be OK for just acne with out horrible side effects? I have read about hair loss body aches and after stopping I have read about peoples own immune systems attacking their sleves.... I am just right now a mixed up mess. I have my babies who need me and I have to be OK to care for them but I also know they don't have me at 100 % now due to me being withdrawn and sad over acne I have dealt with for years and years BTW I'm 33.... can anyone tell me ur experience with accutane and help me feel better about this

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 03/04/2013 2:02 pm

Hi !

well its a big step, but is accutane the only option for you ?