Notifications
Clear all

New Here Nervous Becuz I Start Accutane Tomorrow

MemberMember
(@carebear)

Posted : 03/04/2013 12:07 pm

hello everyone.I'm not sure where to start without making this a book and I can't think today because my nerves are shot! But, my name is Liz I'm a SAHM who lives in Mo and I'm sick of the struggle... I won't leave house without make up, I put in my makeup and still don't want to leave the house because I can't cover the acne good enough to please me. I'm not active outside with my kids and so I'm missing out on the enjoyment with them all because in the sun I feel everything is visible to even the blinded eye.. I want my life back. I want s little confidence . I want to be able to look someone dead in the face for a conversation without feeling all they see is my acne. I walk looking down :( I go to my derm tomorrow and will be given my script for accutane and now that I'm at this point I'm more scared then excited... the side effects r scary to me... accutane was used in cancer patients how can that be OK for just acne with out horrible side effects? I have read about hair loss body aches and after stopping I have read about peoples own immune systems attacking their sleves.... I am just right now a mixed up mess. I have my babies who need me and I have to be OK to care for them but I also know they don't have me at 100 % now due to me being withdrawn and sad over acne I have dealt with for years and years :( BTW I'm 33.... can anyone tell me ur experience with accutane and help me feel better about this

MemberMember
(@what1f)

Posted : 03/04/2013 1:00 pm

I had a horrible experience with accutane. Thinning hair that is still thinned, dry skin, wrinkles at an extremely young age, rosacea and thin skin. I was wrongly prescribed accutane for mild acne with minor scars. I've heard it work wonders for people. If it was me and especially after all I've learned I would never have ever taken accutane. I'd give anything to have never taken it, but perhaps if it is rightly prescribed and with careful monitoring side effects can be avoided. Pay close attention to anything out of the ordinary and ask for low dose. I'd rather try eating healthier and high intake of vitamin b5 over accutane