Notifications
Clear all

I Need Help ! Please ! Its Hurting And Swelling So Bad !

MemberMember
(@yuthika-sok)

Posted : 03/04/2013 6:30 am

Last morning they were just (3)red bumps. I applied BP 5% on it. In the afternoon, I washed my face with cetaphil cleanser, pat dry and applied BP 5% on them again. I started to feel the swelling and irritation so I decided to place some ice wrapped with towel on those pustules/pimples around 5minutes each. For about 30minutes. and now the swelling, redness and irritation wouldn't stop. it hurts so bad that I could feel it very tender.

I would see the core white stuff inside the pimple.

Should I pop it ?

What should I do next ?

Currently using:

Cetaphil cleanser

Clindamycin gel 1% (whole face)

BP 5% only applied on zits (I cannot find the 2.5% in my country and 5% is too strong for my face)

Olay moisturizer UV defense (approved by this site already)

My skin type: dry and acne-prone.

please guys ! it's hurting now even if I'm not doing anything to it not even able to smile or laugh as two are on my cheeks and one is on my forehead.

MemberMember
(@browneyedgirl5)

Posted : 03/04/2013 7:28 pm

Hi, I really feel for you. I have been suffering from severe cystic acne on my jawline for the past few months so I feel your pain. The past few weeks I have experienced a slight improvement in the cysts and the pain that comes with them through a couple of things. I switched from Cetaphil to a balm cleanser (one you massage in then removed with a washcloth). Don't ask why, I have tried so many things it was an experiment?? I carried on using the 2.5% BP and left it to dry for about ten minutes or so. Then I applied lots of facial oil to my face followed by lots of moisturiser. I had avoided this in the past but my cysts have reduced in size continuously over the past two weeks so it seems to be working. I am also taking zinc tablets and an omega 3/fish oil tablets every day, and LOTS of them (please read the vitamins thread for more info). Another thing I have found helpful in the past is applying aloe vera gel and an ibruprofen gel to the cysts. At it's worst my skin is very inflammed, and these gels seem to take the swelling and inflammation down. I am in no way suggesting this is a cure, and I am not 100% clear but I have seen a definate improvement over the past two weeks. At one point the cysts were so painful they would throb constantly and I was in constant pain. I really hope you see an improvement soon, let me know how you get on.

MemberMember
(@yuthika-sok)

Posted : 03/05/2013 2:42 am

browneyedgirl5

Posted Today, 07:28 AM

Hi, I really feel for you. I have been suffering from severe cystic acne on my jawline for the past few months so I feel your pain. The past few weeks I have experienced a slight improvement in the cysts and the pain that comes with them through a couple of things. I switched from Cetaphil to a balm cleanser (one you massage in then removed with a washcloth). Don't ask why, I have tried so many things it was an experiment?? I carried on using the 2.5% BP and left it to dry for about ten minutes or so. Then I applied lots of facial oil to my face followed by lots of moisturiser. I had avoided this in the past but my cysts have reduced in size continuously over the past two weeks so it seems to be working. I am also taking zinc tablets and an omega 3/fish oil tablets every day, and LOTS of them (please read the vitamins thread for more info). Another thing I have found helpful in the past is applying aloe vera gel and an ibruprofen gel to the cysts. At it's worst my skin is very inflammed, and these gels seem to take the swelling and inflammation down. I am in no way suggesting this is a cure, and I am not 100% clear but I have seen a definate improvement over the past two weeks. At one point the cysts were so painful they would throb constantly and I was in constant pain. I really hope you see an improvement soon, let me know how you get on.

Have u ever try popping those cyst ? Do u recommend popping ? if so, how do u treat it afterward ?

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 03/05/2013 3:51 am

browneyedgirl5

Posted Today, 07:28 AM

Have u ever try popping those cyst ? Do u recommend popping ? if so, how do u treat it afterward ?

I always popped mine,you are lucky you can see the pus,just sterilise a pin under boiling water and break the skin,by the end of the week they will be gone,

I used to attack mine when the pus wasn't visible,inserting a pin deep inside the cyst,0.5cm down,the trick was finding the right pore opening,

I don't have a single scar on my face.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/13/2013 12:28 am

aloe vera gel helps calm down the redness

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/13/2013 8:24 am

Well, inflammation is your bodies own way of healing. So personally I would leave it well alone. You should focus on trying to calm it down a little; I agree with the above poster, try some aloe vera. If it's fresh from the plan, great, but if you get a gel put it in the fridge for a little while.

Whatever you do, don't slather BP on it because you'll end up with a huge dried out cyst that will scab over and possibly even scar.