Notifications
Clear all

Long. Hard. Road.

MemberMember
(@skydivekelsey)

Posted : 03/04/2013 2:19 am

Hi my name is Kelsey. I decided to join the site because I have been dealing with acne since I was twelve (I am 22). I have a hormone imbalance so I get mild to severe breakouts. I have tried doxycycline, duac, differin, many other creams, accutane (made me very anxious) and minocycline which I had a severe allergic reaction to and my brain swelled.

Right after my honeymoon in august my face started to break out terribly on my cheeks. I now have dark red pitted scars on my cheeks (can't hide those pitted scars with makeup....) and along my face. Every night and morning when I look in the mirror I want to cry. Its really difficult to be around others because everyone I am around has gorgeous skin. I of course compare myself to others and am struggling. My skin has made me pretty depressed and I think about it constantly. I wanted to join the site so I wouldn't feel alone.

Right now I am taking Spironactolone (sp?) and Finacea. I really love the Finacea and am seeing it working I just wish it would work faster smile.png I'm terrified that I wont be able to get rid of the dark pitted scars. Does anyone know what to do for that? My dermo whom I love suggested microdermobrasion after a series of chemical peels.

Thanks for listening!

Kelsey

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/04/2013 3:23 am

Hi my name is Kelsey. I decided to join the site because I have been dealing with acne since I was twelve (I am 22). I have a hormone imbalance so I get mild to severe breakouts. I have tried doxycycline, duac, differin, many other creams, accutane (made me very anxious) and minocycline which I had a severe allergic reaction to and my brain swelled.

Right after my honeymoon in august my face started to break out terribly on my cheeks. I now have dark red pitted scars on my cheeks (can't hide those pitted scars with makeup....) and along my face. Every night and morning when I look in the mirror I want to cry. Its really difficult to be around others because everyone I am around has gorgeous skin. I of course compare myself to others and am struggling. My skin has made me pretty depressed and I think about it constantly. I wanted to join the site so I wouldn't feel alone.

Right now I am taking Spironactolone (sp?) and Finacea. I really love the Finacea and am seeing it working I just wish it would work faster smile.png I'm terrified that I wont be able to get rid of the dark pitted scars. Does anyone know what to do for that? My dermo whom I love suggested microdermobrasion after a series of chemical peels.

Thanks for listening!

Kelsey

Hello Kelsey, you are not alone. I have the same hormonal imbalance. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was around 17-18 years old and I have taken everything from Minocyline, Birth Control, Spiro and Metformin to help with my severe acne. Being on those medications did help clear my skin, sadly it only lasted for about 8-9 months.

I recently started Dan's regimen a little over a month ago using store bought products and it has really cleared me up in the short amount of time. It is never easy dealing with the looks you get from your acne but over the years I have come to find that we shouldn't give up. I am now 24 and started to get acne when I was 13. I've had my clear days and days when I wouldn't wanna show my face to anyone.

Think about going on the regimen if you haven't yet and try to also think about abstaining from sugary foods and dairy products. I find those two things have helped me the most.

Good luck! 🙂