Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys..

its been a month n sumthing days since i have been on this board n a month ago, i visited the dermatologist. I visited the derma on september 3rd. My derma n i talked n she asked me what medication was i takin before n i told her minocycline.Apparently, minocycline did not work for me.So she prescribed me tetracycline and benzaclin.At first i was a lil hesistant because, i was prescribed to take antibiotics again. My derma said that if tetra n benzaclin wont work, its time to take the next step n thats "ACCUTANE". I was a lil freaked because she said that she only gives accutane TWICE a YEAR. So i was thinking she might be giving accutane 3 times this year. So on October 4th, i came back. She saw my face n she was amazed. First thing she said was "Wow...ur face looks SOOO Much better!" n i thought "um..ok...thanks?" i didnt really believe her at first because i see my face everyday. But then i took a closer look n she was right. When i visited her for the first time, my cheeks were covered with red marks. I get cystic acne. Yup..ouch. So when i started taking tetra n started putting on benzaclin, in a matter of a week, my face was SOOO much smoother. Ive been using benzaclin n its making my ice pick scars to fade.i only have like atleast 4 scars. Mostly red marks.To me tetra n benzaclin r a perfect combo. because whenever i do get cystic acne, they are very small compared to the size of my cystic acne before.Also, my red marks are turning into brown marks which will slowly fade. I asked my derma if theres any way my red marks can go away any faster. She said we can do microdermabrasion..so i might just do that. Alright, i jus wanted to let all of u know whats been goin on, i remember i posted a message n i said i will keep u all updated.I also wanted to let u all know that..there is hope. Dont ever lose hope.Yall dont understand how depressed i was before. I couldnt look people in the eye whenever i talked to them. Just dont lose hope..because in the end it'll make u a stronger person and u all will find sumthing that'll work for u.

thanks for the inspiration. I am also currently on benzaclin except im only on benzaclin and retin-a Im going crazy cuz my appointment with the derm isnt until november because thats the soonest she had and i dont know what to do until then.

thanks for the inspiration. I am also currently on benzaclin except im only on benzaclin and retin-a  Im going crazy cuz my appointment with the derm isnt until november because thats the soonest she had and i dont know what to do until then.