Notifications
Clear all

Erythema? Telangiectasia? Please Help Me With My Facial Redness!

MemberMember
(@koreancentraltime)

Posted : 03/03/2013 1:04 am

Hello!

I have had a medium sized patch of redness on my face for the past two years or so. I don't actually know what caused it, but I think it may have been from a small ingrown hair infection I had. It does not change and does not get worse, so I haven't ever been concerned about it, but I recently went to the dermatologist to try to find an answer and was told it was "possibly erythema due to telangiectasia". He said, if this is the case, there is no medicine to alleviate the redness.

Does anybody have any knowledge on this, or have experience? I am just hoping there is *something* that can lessen the redness. It is more noticeable in person than it is in pictures, which is why the pictures I attached (with poor bathroom lighting) don't show it as well as it could be shown.

*The dermatologist also said laser therapy can be used for this. Does anybody have any experience with laser therapy for an isolated spot on their face like this? Would that cause a large scab to form as it heals?

Thanks in advance for ANY help you can offer me. shifty.gif

*Note: it is the same spot -- one of the pictures is just a mirror image. surprised.gif

post-203403-0-30821400-1362289235_thumb.

post-203403-0-38524100-1362289251_thumb.

post-203403-0-30821400-1362289235_thumb.

post-203403-0-38524100-1362289251_thumb.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 03/04/2013 2:32 pm

Yep, pretty much all you can do about it is laser.

For erythema like that, you don't need a fractional laser, which is what you're thinking of. Fractional lasers take off layers of the skin and have a big downtime. For your type if erythema you'd only need 1 IPL or 1 Vbeam on that particular spot. Both of these lasers coagulate the veins underneath the skin forcing the body to reabsorb them.

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 03/05/2013 1:37 pm

That doesn't look like Telangiectasia.

Looks like you've got some closed comedones which have been slightly irritated by the wet shave you had 5 mins before taking that photo (judging by the residual shaving cream on your face)...

MemberMember
(@koreancentraltime)

Posted : 03/17/2013 3:43 am

Hee hee, I hadn't noticed the shaving cream until after I took the picture, but it has nothing to do with the redness. The redness is always there. :(

I was just hoping that somebody had a little trick or secret to at least getting it to fade a little bit. I guess I can always look into the laser therapy.