Please Help! (Pic)

Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! (Pic)

MemberMember
(@mjay227)

Posted : 03/02/2013 10:05 pm

Hello,

I'm 16 years of age and I think, I suffer from mild acne. I've got acne on my forehead,and chin/jaw.

My main concern is what I get post shave on my chin. I've tried Gillette blades, a beard trimmer and now I'm using a double edge razor and still finding my perfect blade.

The pic is after I wrapped up the shave. Ive followed all detail this site provided for shaving. Pimples on my next were due to irritation from a blade which I used and won't use again 3 days ago

I shaved over everything and had about 2 pimples bleeding. I'm becoming fed up with acne and I think it's time to go to the derma after trying everything in my power.

I need some help... I have a very good diet and drink plenty of water. I cleanse every night using "Eyra care" brown.

Thanks...

post-203395-0-98850200-1362280183_thumb.

post-203395-0-98850200-1362280183_thumb.

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 03/03/2013 4:31 am

Are you saying your acne is due to the irritation of shaving?

MemberMember
(@mjay227)

Posted : 03/03/2013 5:02 am

Not necessarily,Though before I started shaving I only had acne on my forehead. If I do t shave for long enough, it slowly begins to clear up

MemberMember
(@mjay227)

Posted : 03/05/2013 12:20 am

How discouraging....

MemberMember
(@mjay227)

Posted : 03/07/2013 7:12 am

Anyone...? Very helpful...

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/11/2013 11:00 am

Hey! I know how frustrating this can be...I used to have trouble shaving or finding a method that worked for me. I had a similar reaction to yourself.

I could never use a manual blade as I found that to be the most irritating, I only use an electric trimmer and then an electric shaver to tidy things up. Dan (the creator of this website) has a video on his channel regarding shaving (I'll link you to it), you really need to get a thick lather in order for the blade to glide across your skin as gently as possible.

This is mainly focused to those using The Regimen, but it explains the direction in which you should shave and lathering up using your cleanser of choice.

If manual is irritating you that much (as it did me) I would recommend using a good quality electric trimmer. Some skin types are way too sensitive for blades to be scraped across them!

I know my reply isn't as informative as it could be, but I wish you the best of luck! smile.png

MemberMember
(@morganhkenneth)

Posted : 03/12/2013 6:29 am

I somehow feel what you felt, I was once have had a pimple is my chin and it is really hard to do shaving as little mistake, the pimple could be shaved and bleed. What I did was I first prioritize my pimple problem though I still shave very carefully. You may consider certain skin products but it should be safe and effective that will not cause irritation for you. I am contented on the good effect of honey mask, it is effective for me.

MemberMember
(@kev85)

Posted : 12/30/2013 2:58 pm

Hey,

Use facewash to shave. Even better any good cleansing lotion (for acne).

Run the blade lightly over the acne affected area a single time.

Do not apply to much pressure or you will knick the pimple and will bleed and cause scarring.

All the best.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/27/2014 2:17 am

I'm not a guy obvs, but I get those bumps on my legs from certain razors, especially the ones that have a gel in them. I say stop shaving for a few days and see if it subsides. Tea tree oil can help too because to me it looks like folliculitis, not typical acne.

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 05/28/2014 6:35 pm

I always get pimples like you after I shave so I stopped shaving and instead use a trimmer to trim it down to a very close shave

MemberMember
(@sarah-likes-cats)

Posted : 05/30/2014 11:52 am

First off I am not a guy but my roommate has had the same problems as you. What really helped me was to quit shaving altogether until is acne was calmed down. In the mean time he bought the Philips Norelco Multigroom All In One Facial trimmer which gave me a close trim without irritating his acne. I would also look into buying a natural shaving cream. He uses Burts Bees Natural Shave Cream. He loves the scent and it doesn't clog his pores. I hope this was helpful! :)

MemberMember
(@shaygahwehgmail-com)

Posted : 06/10/2014 10:17 pm

This looks mostly like razor burn to me. You might be shaving against the grain, which causes ingrown hairs (razor bumps.)

I would suggest leaving the moist lather on for a few minutes before you begin, and NEVER shave against the grain until your beard hair is strong enough to break through the skin after a close shave. Basically, wait until your mid 20s to start shaving against the grain.

I'm almost 23 and I still get problems on my neck when I shave against the grain.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 06/27/2014 3:59 am

The area looks very irritated. Skip shaving. Let things calm down and heal. Use beard trimmer instead. Maybe you can try shaving again sometime in the future.